U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
I had an epiphany just now: even if I did everything right and got a career it would still just be working like a robot with no expression or creativity. It would just be me not expressing myself because that's what causes problems with people. So I would have just kept myself at distance, bottled up all my emotions, and just worked like a robot because that's what I'm supposed to do.

Should have just to told me to never express myself and just be a robot.

• Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@ultrasharpy123456 - what type of career are you looking at? I realize that you feel like a robot, and for valid reasons (company culture, manager's attitude, set policies, etc.) And you are right - there are plenty of people that simply collect a paycheck by working like to robot, with no expression or creativity.

But there are also careers where creative expression is required. While slightly idealistic, any career that is based on some form of helping someone else would require this to thrive.

Hopefully you can find a career that allows you to be creative and expressive. I wish you all the best.

U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
@ultrasharpy123456 - what type of career are you looking at? I realize that you feel like a robot, and for valid reasons (company culture, manager's attitude, set policies, etc.) And you are right - there are plenty of people that simply collect a paycheck by working like to robot, with no expression or creativity.

But there are also careers where creative expression is required. While slightly idealistic, any career that is based on some form of helping someone else would require this to thrive.

Hopefully you can find a career that allows you to be creative and expressive. I wish you all the best.
I was thinking UX design but even then I realize I don't know much about it and it seems the only jobs for that are freelance. Freelance is hard to make money with.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Freelance is hard to make money with.
There is good money in freelancing, but it is difficult. You really need to build up a client base first.

Typically, you would think that UX design would give you the freedom to be creative and express your thought. But I can see where that could also get in the way when working with large companies and/or projects. Have you tried looking at smaller companies?

If you're interested, PM me and we can talk in a little more detail.

• Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456