BurnBurnBurn

BurnBurnBurn

She/her
Dec 24, 2021
Heads up this might be a long one. The tldr is I want to die but I suppose most of us on this site do so it's nothing new. The why of it is important though and I guess in my head I want a place to justify it, because my life is well and truly fucked at this point. I don't see it ever getting better because it always keeps coming back to this point: wanting to die. Being completely, well and truly unsatisfied with life. With wanting the peace of death. Maybe it's the depression talking, but why should I have to live with this illness? Why should I have to live always eventually wanting to die? Maybe this isn't justified to some of you but maybe to some it is and that's why I have to try and say my piece.

Guess we should start from the beginning. Depression for me first started when I lost my grandad to cancer. He was only in his 60s and he was like a second dad to me and my sister. He helped raise me and my sister when our parents were busy at work. He was the first major death I'd ever experienced and we had to watch him slowly deteriorate in hospice care. Losing him broke something in me. After he passed I ended up failing my A-Levels due to grief and had to resit them. So my friends all went off to uni and I was still stuck in school trying to pass. But I did eventually pass and followed my friends to uni a year later.

Uni passed without incident. It's when I graduated that things went downhill. A few months after I'd graduated I met a girl. This would be my first ever relationship and it would also be the most toxic one I've been in thus far. But I didn't know this. I was smitten. Her? Well she was in love with her best friend the entire time. Added to this fact, I was at the time in the process of applying to my dream job. I'd passed the interview and was waiting for the final stages to be completed. Now I don't know if she was jealous of this fact or what but she did everything in her power to try and convince me I was a bad person for going for this job. She gaslit me to the point where I was almost convinced that I wanted an entirely different career path and she nearly got me to give up my career path to pursue a dead end job instead (I didn't but watch this space…). Then when it seemed like she was bored with me she cut me loose. In short she fucked my head up royally. To the point where the depression came back full force and I had no choice but to withdraw from the application process for my dream job. I was in no fit state to work at this point and given the nature of the job I was going for, they would have discovered my mental challenges and denied me the opportunity. So I withdrew. I lost my dream job to this fucking illness. And I can't apply again because the nature of the the job requires medical background checks, so they'll know about all my attempts (more on those later) but suffice it to say I won't get hired with my medical history.

Then I got my heart utterly broken. I managed to find another job within my field to tide me over but it didn't last. I went back to uni to study for my Masters instead. That passed without incident. Again it was upon graduating that things went downhill once again. I was still very sick at this point, self harming and such throughout my Masters, but I managed to hold on. Until I met my second girlfriend. I fell hard and I fell fast. I thought she was perfect. She seemed kind, understanding, the works. And maybe she was? I won't ever know because she cut me off two months in, blocked me completely and ghosted me and then got engaged to another woman not a few months later. I couldn't understand what I had done wrong, what I'd done to slight her and I guess I'll never know. But that was the straw that broke the camel's back in the end. I've always been very sensitive and this just succeeded in reinforcing all the feelings I felt from my first relationship: that I was unlovable, that I was damaged goods that no one could ever love.

Things were bad for a long time. The combination of the two failed relationships, the loss of my dream job and the loss of my grandad was all just too much for me to bear. I've mentioned that I'm very sensitive so it should come as no surprise that the depression became very bad. I had 14 overdoses, one of those landing me in ICU. I had to have extensive therapy after that. Specifically MBT or Mentalisaton Based Therapy. Got put on meds which felt like they were doing the trick to keep me stable for a time. 3/4 years later, I started to get back on my feet. Landed a job (dead end one granted but still better than being on benefits like I was before). But I've started to get bad again. The feelings of not wanting to be here are coming back full force.

If I really evaluate my life I've lost so fucking much of it to depression and anxiety. I look at everything I was supposed to be: gifted student meant to go on to achieve a good job, maybe even settle down, get married and have kids. But it all seems impossible. I've tried and tried to break into my industry by sending off application after application and every one gets rejected. The only employers that give me the time of day now are for dead end jobs that won't get me anywhere. That offer no progression, no development, no investment. Nothing. And regarding love? If I'm ever honest about how I'm truly feeling, if I trusted and opened up any girl is going to run for the hills and once again I'll be left with a broken heart.

And that's where I'm at. I want to die. Again. I realise to some this might not seem like much to cause these feelings but I feel like words alone can't describe the mental anguish I feel inside. If you knew how I felt, you might just think differently. I'd appreciate it if people could be kind and mindful, but at the same instance, at this point, I'm also past caring. I just needed to get it out there. And now I have. Maybe if I'm successful this time, this will serve as evidence for why I did it I guess and that is enough for me.
(Update: I couldn't manage to keep the job. Why? Because I got so fucking anxious about it that I handed in my resignation. Why did I get so anxious? Because I get anxiety about phone calls and the job was a Customer Service Representative working specifically on phones. But I was desperate for a job so I took the first one that came my way. Couldn't even manage to fucking keep it because once again depression and anxiety win over. I also met a girl but it turns out that she was just too much for me to handle so I had to cut it off for my own mental health and now I think she might be threatening to ctb. I just want to ctb. Just want all this to be over with now).

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Everyone handles loss differently, and regardless of the reason, no one wants to end up wanting to die and it sucks to feel this way. It also sucks how as social creatures we can be so harmed by the actions of others, especially those we care about. Same goes for losing out on opportunities we worked toward, or even achieving them and realising they weren't what we envisioned.

It's easy to romanticise the unknown, but I often wonder if in a way our species is happier in situations or societies where there are fewer variables and less to "achieve". Just work the land or take on the family business, pair up with someone else in the community, simple. But then I guess one might complain about wanting some other pursuit or not liking any of the eligible singles in town...being a human sure can be a pain. Sorry to see you feeling the brunt of it.

Reactions: BurnBurnBurn
StrangeAndDeath

StrangeAndDeath

Exhausted Human
Oct 12, 2022
I'm really sorry. I feel your pain and I don't think you deserve to be judged for it. I wish you peace, however your life progresses. Much love ♥️

• Hugs
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Only in this bullshit society could you have a fucking masters and still not be able to get a good paying job with benefits and future opportunities. Hearing stuff like this absolutely drives me insane with rage. Just because you weren't able to get that first dream job and now can't pursue it due to your medical history should not be the end of the line for a highly educated person like yourself. I'm sorry for ranting. This just makes me so angry. I'm sorry things have not worked out and you've suffered this way.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Heads up this might be a long one. The tldr is I want to die but I suppose most of us on this site do so it's nothing new. The why of it is important though and I guess in my head I want a place to justify it, because my life is well and truly fucked at this point. I don't see it ever getting better because it always keeps coming back to this point: wanting to die. Being completely, well and truly unsatisfied with life. With wanting the peace of death. Maybe it's the depression talking, but why should I have to live with this illness? Why should I have to live always eventually wanting to die? Maybe this isn't justified to some of you but maybe to some it is and that's why I have to try and say my piece.

Guess we should start from the beginning. Depression for me first started when I lost my grandad to cancer. He was only in his 60s and he was like a second dad to me and my sister. He helped raise me and my sister when our parents were busy at work. He was the first major death I'd ever experienced and we had to watch him slowly deteriorate in hospice care. Losing him broke something in me. After he passed I ended up failing my A-Levels due to grief and had to resit them. So my friends all went off to uni and I was still stuck in school trying to pass. But I did eventually pass and followed my friends to uni a year later.

Uni passed without incident. It's when I graduated that things went downhill. A few months after I'd graduated I met a girl. This would be my first ever relationship and it would also be the most toxic one I've been in thus far. But I didn't know this. I was smitten. Her? Well she was in love with her best friend the entire time. Added to this fact, I was at the time in the process of applying to my dream job. I'd passed the interview and was waiting for the final stages to be completed. Now I don't know if she was jealous of this fact or what but she did everything in her power to try and convince me I was a bad person for going for this job. She gaslit me to the point where I was almost convinced that I wanted an entirely different career path and she nearly got me to give up my career path to pursue a dead end job instead (I didn't but watch this space…). Then when it seemed like she was bored with me she cut me loose. In short she fucked my head up royally. To the point where the depression came back full force and I had no choice but to withdraw from the application process for my dream job. I was in no fit state to work at this point and given the nature of the job I was going for, they would have discovered my mental challenges and denied me the opportunity. So I withdrew. I lost my dream job to this fucking illness. And I can't apply again because the nature of the the job requires medical background checks, so they'll know about all my attempts (more on those later) but suffice it to say I won't get hired with my medical history.

Then I got my heart utterly broken. I managed to find another job within my field to tide me over but it didn't last. I went back to uni to study for my Masters instead. That passed without incident. Again it was upon graduating that things went downhill once again. I was still very sick at this point, self harming and such throughout my Masters, but I managed to hold on. Until I met my second girlfriend. I fell hard and I fell fast. I thought she was perfect. She seemed kind, understanding, the works. And maybe she was? I won't ever know because she cut me off two months in, blocked me completely and ghosted me and then got engaged to another woman not a few months later. I couldn't understand what I had done wrong, what I'd done to slight her and I guess I'll never know. But that was the straw that broke the camel's back in the end. I've always been very sensitive and this just succeeded in reinforcing all the feelings I felt from my first relationship: that I was unlovable, that I was damaged goods that no one could ever love.

Things were bad for a long time. The combination of the two failed relationships, the loss of my dream job and the loss of my grandad was all just too much for me to bear. I've mentioned that I'm very sensitive so it should come as no surprise that the depression became very bad. I had 14 overdoses, one of those landing me in ICU. I had to have extensive therapy after that. Specifically MBT or Mentalisaton Based Therapy. Got put on meds which felt like they were doing the trick to keep me stable for a time. 3/4 years later, I started to get back on my feet. Landed a job (dead end one granted but still better than being on benefits like I was before). But I've started to get bad again. The feelings of not wanting to be here are coming back full force.

If I really evaluate my life I've lost so fucking much of it to depression and anxiety. I look at everything I was supposed to be: gifted student meant to go on to achieve a good job, maybe even settle down, get married and have kids. But it all seems impossible. I've tried and tried to break into my industry by sending off application after application and every one gets rejected. The only employers that give me the time of day now are for dead end jobs that won't get me anywhere. That offer no progression, no development, no investment. Nothing. And regarding love? If I'm ever honest about how I'm truly feeling, if I trusted and opened up any girl is going to run for the hills and once again I'll be left with a broken heart.

And that's where I'm at. I want to die. Again. I realise to some this might not seem like much to cause these feelings but I feel like words alone can't describe the mental anguish I feel inside. If you knew how I felt, you might just think differently. I'd appreciate it if people could be kind and mindful, but at the same instance, at this point, I'm also past caring. I just needed to get it out there. And now I have. Maybe if I'm successful this time, this will serve as evidence for why I did it I guess and that is enough for me.
(Update: I couldn't manage to keep the job. Why? Because I got so fucking anxious about it that I handed in my resignation. Why did I get so anxious? Because I get anxiety about phone calls and the job was a Customer Service Representative working specifically on phones. But I was desperate for a job so I took the first one that came my way. Couldn't even manage to fucking keep it because once again depression and anxiety win over. I also met a girl but it turns out that she was just too much for me to handle so I had to cut it off for my own mental health and now I think she might be threatening to ctb. I just want to ctb. Just want all this to be over with now).
Your feelings are completely understandable, I do know how you feel, very much so. Much love to you, may you one day find peace.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life can certainly be painful and cruel for many people and it sounds really tiring what you have had to endure. I know that it can be so awful feeling trapped in a life that is constant suffering, it's just so horrible how other people can just make things worse and create more harm. I wish you the best.

• Hugs