• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Not sure if I should flair this as venting or help but yeah. I think I talked about this once here on the "support megathread".

Basically I already have ICL (implantable collamer lens) surgery on one of my eyes and tomorrow will be my next. And despite passing it once I am honestly still worried very much about this one - like the last time, I was so squeamish the doctor and helpers had to calm me down while they waited for my turn.

I did quite some research before. Pain is mild, that I know. Before the operation they do give me a butterfly needle (basically a thinner one) attached to my hand to help "save" me in case I get poisoning from the numbing drops they put on my eye to make it numb (not feel anything).

That and the actual procedure is what is scaring me the most right now. The actual procedure is quick but my fear of sharp objects can get in the way, also the wait in the cold operation area can be loooooooooong which would probably worsen the worry. I heard that other people do get Xanax/anti-anxiety meds but I don't think the place Im doing it at have those lol.

I don't expect anyone here to help, as I understand that not all members here have the qualifications. I mainly just wanna vent so it helps ease me up a bit. I will try and meditate and have some affirmative words packed with me that I can whisper to myself to calm down. I will update afterwards about how it went and stuff, so if any future SaSu member plans on getting this, they have something to rely on.

Thank you everyone, this community is awesome.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Catch-22, wCvML2 and 3 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I hope it goes well for you. Put on some warm clothing and headphones if you can - at least while you're waiting.

How you're feeling is perfectly normal and understandable. Let us know how it goes.

• Love
Reactions: trappedinthislife and Praestat_Mori
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: trappedinthislife and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Good luck!! I hope everything goes well!! :heart:

Reactions: trappedinthislife
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Wishing you the best on your procedure❤⚘

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I wish you the best luck on your surgery ❤️

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
How are you doing, OP?
I hope everything went well for you 💐

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
How are you doing, OP?
I hope everything went well for you 💐
Bad news - doc didn't let me do it. My "IOP" was too high, likely a result of eye drop reaction. He changed my eye drop to something else and I'm getting a re-test this Sat.

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I'm sorry to hear that. It's like you get all nervous with anticipation for the surgery and what follows then to be told you can't have it done yet. Hoping you can have it done and over with soon.