Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
Just got an email from my professor stating "While
passing is still numerically possible, it will require drastic changes in your approach to the course" and it's like, yeah I know... I honestly don't know what's wrong with me (this apparently coming from someone who's been consistently lurking on this forum for two years now) but maybe college just isn't for me. If my dad saw me typing about this, he would just call me a loser. I have consistently hated college for three years now, and I have no idea where my life is going and it's terrifying. I'm going to fail a class when I'm already held behind and I just have to repeat how much I don't know what's wrong with me. I mean, obviously the problem is.... me. I don't even know why I'm going to stick in this STEM major I clearly have no passion for.

Anyways this is just a vent... it's obvious that the only option left is that I still have to try to pass this class even if it kills me because I can't afford to be held behind another semester. Even though at this point, I just feel hopeless. I know that even after I get my degree, it's unlikely I'll find a job in this oversaturated field, and I'll probably just kill myself afterwards anyways. :)... I still want to try to see the end of it, I've decided, but god... help me.....

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, WhatPowerIs, MentalStefan and 1 other person
shalashaska

shalashaska

The revolution will not be televised.
Mar 10, 2023
Just got an email from my professor stating "While
passing is still numerically possible, it will require drastic changes in your approach to the course" and it's like, yeah I know... I honestly don't know what's wrong with me (this apparently coming from someone who's been consistently lurking on this forum for two years now) but maybe college just isn't for me. If my dad saw me typing about this, he would just call me a loser. I have consistently hated college for three years now, and I have no idea where my life is going and it's terrifying. I'm going to fail a class when I'm already held behind and I just have to repeat how much I don't know what's wrong with me. I mean, obviously the problem is.... me. I don't even know why I'm going to stick in this STEM major I clearly have no passion for.

Anyways this is just a vent... it's obvious that the only option left is that I still have to try to pass this class even if it kills me because I can't afford to be held behind another semester. Even though at this point, I just feel hopeless. I know that even after I get my degree, it's unlikely I'll find a job in this oversaturated field, and I'll probably just kill myself afterwards anyways. :)... I still want to try to see the end of it, I've decided, but god... help me.....
As a college student myself I relate to this sentiment. My field isn't even in STEM lol I'm an art major, so may God help me find a career with this useless degree I'll get. But yeah honestly STEM has a lot of jobs. I don't know what your specific major is but I'm sure if you see it through, you'll be okay. Better to have a degree in something then no degree at all. But yeah the U.S. doesn't make it financially feasible to just drop and re-pick a major. This country is a disaster in many ways and the college system is one of them. Idk if my rambling helps at all lol but I hope the best for you 🙏☺️

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Salvation_
Salvation_

Salvation_

Nov 25, 2020
As a college student myself I relate to this sentiment. My field isn't even in STEM lol I'm an art major, so may God help me find a career with this useless degree I'll get. But yeah honestly STEM has a lot of jobs. I don't know what your specific major is but I'm sure if you see it through, you'll be okay. Better to have a degree in something then no degree at all. But yeah the U.S. doesn't make it financially feasible to just drop and re-pick a major. This country is a disaster in many ways and the college system is one of them. Idk if my rambling helps at all lol but I hope the best for you 🙏☺️
This country do be a disaster 😔 I hope the best for you too!!!

Reactions: The anhedonic one
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
This is very relatable… I'm in STEM as well and I'm still in the beginning years of college but I'm already falling behind a semester because I've failed a class twice. I wish you luck… I hate college so much

• Hugs
Reactions: Salvation_ and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
It's no wonder so many young people develop mental illness's and CTB while in college.
College sounds like an enormously stressful situation to be in.

• Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Salvation_
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I'm not sure whether you do or don't, but make sure to attend every class. Even if you're sick. If you can make it to the class, be there.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, The anhedonic one and Salvation_
Salvation_

Salvation_

Nov 25, 2020
I'm not sure whether you do or don't, but make sure to attend every class. Even if you're sick. If you can make it to the class, be there.
Sometimes, I'm not the best about it but I'll try to attend every class next semester.
This is very relatable… I'm in STEM as well and I'm still in the beginning years of college but I'm already falling behind a semester because I've failed a class twice. I wish you luck… I hate college so much
I don't think I even like being a STEM major but it's all I'm stuck with :/
It's no wonder so many young people develop mental illness's and CTB while in college.
College sounds like an enormously stressful situation to be in.
Unfortunately, yes...

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I don't think I even like being a STEM major but it's all I'm stuck with :/
I don't either... my parents just want me to get a good career so I have to go into STEM pretty much because I'm not cut out to be a lawyer or a doctor or anything like that either. But I really have no dreams or higher aspirations, I probably would have become a NEET if my parents were more permissive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Salvation_
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Sometimes, I'm not the best about it but I'll try to attend every class next semester.
If you go to every class, you have the opportunity to learn all the material, and classes generally build off prior ones. Not going to classes is a recipe for disaster. Grade inflation really only works because of poor attendance at universities: you have those who attend regularly get As and Bs, and those who skip classes get Cs, Ds, and Fs. Enough people skip and assuredly get poor marks, so professors have the leeway to be much kinder while grading those with good attendance.

Reactions: Salvation_