N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is eastern: My mother her husband (not my dad), sister, grandmother and me are here. My mom abused me physically when i was a child. I live in the same house as my mother. My mom has debts, i cannot work due to my bipolar disorder (caused by the abuse). We really struggle financially. I try to save money a lot. But my mom often does not give a shit. And spends A LOT of money. Some months ago she bought a TV for my grandmother for 500 bucks. It now stands in my apartment and we barely use it. Today she bought a coffee macchine. I think roundabout 300 Euros. Just a month ago she told me we cannot afford my expensive (healthy) food anymore. It might really is a little bit too expensive.
But now this coffee machine it also stands in my apartment now. We don't need another coffee machine. In their apartment (from my mother and her husband) they have a coffeee machine for roundabout 500 Euros. Her husband has a lot of money. She has to walk the stairs so roundabout 1 min and then there is a very very expensive coffee machine.
I called my mom out that we cannot afford it. Furthermore i don't want another coffeee machine in my apartment and i told her that before.
Everyone was on the side of my mom. How dare I speak out i don't even earn money.
The husband of my mom wants to throw me out. He insulted me on Whatsapp. I blocked him (lol). I made accusations that my mother is responsible that i cannot work. If she had not abused me, i could work.

I am somehow glad i have spoken out. Just to express my hatred towards them. They behave like nothing ever happened. However it would be bad to be thrown out of this apartment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: PrettyMoose, Avyn, Symbiote and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear this, pal.
My mother suffers from schizophrenia and also is a compulsive buyer. She is literally a monster sometimes and many of my problems (not all of them) are because of her.

Well, you were able to get things off your chest at least. It always helps.

Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah it does. As long as it does not has serious consequences there is not such a big issue. We talked to each other and i explained my feelings. Maybe that was good.
My main reason was my panic about poverty. This must be a valid argument in my family. Psychological reasons do not really count.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
The amount of abuse people can dish out without blinking is interesting in a morbid way. Then there's the denial of said abuse that follows and gaslighting the victim. By the way a message to most abusive parents out there - saying sorry isn't worth much.

Yet, what I have some difficulty understanding is kicking people when they're down. To be more precise I don't expect most people to have that level of cruelty readily available.

Last edited:
Reactions: noname223