voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
Hey there, I hope that when you come across my thread that your day is going okay.

[Let me preface this by saying that I have BPD & Bipolar, I've wanted to die since the age of 7 and that feeling has never gone away]

I had an appointment with my Mental Health Nurse today (Monday), and I left the appointment feeling like I never want to tell anyone how I truly feel ever again.
The nurse is aware I was sectioned before, and is aware that I have a fear of going back into hospital, as I was worse in there than I was at home.
Told her my usual stuff, self harm bla bla bla, she asked me like she always does "do I have any plans to end my life" - and I told her "yes, this week, I've got everything in order".
She started going on about having the home team come see me and assess me if I need to go into hospital - not the thing that someone on the edge wants to hear.
I'm now afraid that the men in white coats are coming to get me any second now.

Yes, she was just doing her job - but my point is; people who work in mental health always say "talk to someone" when you finally do, the answer is lock 'em up and medicate them ... yes because that really helped me before.

Thanks for letting me rant, take care xoxo

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, CyberneticChesmistry, waitingforrest and 6 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
don't worry men, everything will be ok...

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, waitingforrest and voidliquid
dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
It really sucks that we have to hide our true motives in order to avoid getting thrown in psych jail, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Hopefully someday people will be more understanding/tolerant... I'm sorry you've had to go through this

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, waitingforrest, openclosed and 1 other person
voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
It really sucks that we have to hide our true motives in order to avoid getting thrown in psych jail, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Hopefully someday people will be more understanding/tolerant... I'm sorry you've had to go through this
Thank you for your reply, it means a lot <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, waitingforrest, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
Danny942

Danny942

Feb 27, 2022
Ah that sucks. I hope you don't end up in the hospital again. But why did you tell the nurse you had a plan to kill yourself this week? Did you not know she would do this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, voidliquid and waitingforrest
voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
Ah that sucks. I hope you don't end up in the hospital again. But why did you tell the nurse you had a plan to kill yourself this week? Did you not know she would do this?
I had no idea she would do that, especially after previous conversations saying to her "what would be the reason you could section me?" this was not covered.
Thank you for your reply <3

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Huntfish34, waitingforrest and ColorlessTrees
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Mental health care in America is such a shit hole. if you told "talk to someone" that's code for "you're going to be in a 72 hour hold". as OP stated..like that's going to help..IT DOESN"T. Locking someone up and stripping away their rights as people isn't the right way to cure this. Put on BS pills and fill your head up with nonsense does nothing to better it either. "we care about you and worried" No you just want my f*cking insurance money. I hate how we are viewed as lower than dirt when were suffering from the inside and out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, voidliquid, waitingforrest and 2 others
Danny942

Danny942

Feb 27, 2022
I had no idea she would do that, especially after previous conversations saying to her "what would be the reason you could section me?" this was not covered.
Thank you for your reply <3
Darn, somethings you just have to learn the hard way I guess. In the future, don't ever tell anyone you have a plan to kill yourself unless you want them to intervene. Because they probably will.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, voidliquid and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Sorry you had to go through that. Confirmation bias sucks. The nurses just read up on the medical history and assume that if you feel like ctb or hurting yourself in the past, it must be the reason why you went to the hospital.

The old correlation doesn't mean causation saying. It sucks how nurses can just say they think you will ctb can then just put you in a ward.

Most people just want someone to talk to and understand them, not be forced into treatment against their will.

You take care as well. It's disheartening to open up to people and be punished.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and voidliquid
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are in this situation. I personally always see it as best to not tell anyone about wanting to ctb and I choose to keep everything to myself. I understand why you would be afraid, the thought of having to go into a hospital scares me. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, voidliquid and OldDrummer
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
God bless 'em, but most professionals aren't.

That's why SS is so important to me, peers supporting peers.

Nothing like a good rant. And tea. And a choccy biccie.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and voidliquid
voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
Darn, somethings you just have to learn the hard way I guess. In the future, don't ever tell anyone you have a plan to kill yourself unless you want them to intervene. Because they probably will.
Lesson certainly learned.
Mental health care in America is such a shit hole. if you told "talk to someone" that's code for "you're going to be in a 72 hour hold". as OP stated..like that's going to help..IT DOESN"T. Locking someone up and stripping away their rights as people isn't the right way to cure this. Put on BS pills and fill your head up with nonsense does nothing to better it either. "we care about you and worried" No you just want my f*cking insurance money. I hate how we are viewed as lower than dirt when were suffering from the inside and out.
Damn, that sounds rough, I'm sorry you have it even harder over there than we do in the UK.
Sorry you had to go through that. Confirmation bias sucks. The nurses just read up on the medical history and assume that if you feel like ctb or hurting yourself in the past, it must be the reason why you went to the hospital.

The old correlation doesn't mean causation saying. It sucks how nurses can just say they think you will ctb can then just put you in a ward.

Most people just want someone to talk to and understand them, not be forced into treatment against their will.

You take care as well. It's disheartening to open up to people and be punished.
Thank you for your reply, "Most people just want someone to talk to and understand them, not be forced into treatment against their will." that is all I wanted.
God bless 'em, but most professionals aren't.

That's why SS is so important to me, peers supporting peers.

Nothing like a good rant. And tea. And a choccy biccie.
choccy biccie sounds brilliant right about now :)
I'm sorry that you are in this situation. I personally always see it as best to not tell anyone about wanting to ctb and I choose to keep everything to myself. I understand why you would be afraid, the thought of having to go into a hospital scares me. I wish you the best in whatever happens.
Thank you so much for your reply, it truly does mean a lot <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34