veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
Hello! Just looking for words of encouragement because I am completely at a loss. I started working for a month now and it's a job that gets very stressful. I'm honestly grateful to have a job but it's making me more anxious and scared. I cry everytime the day ends because I fear about what stressful encounters will happen during work the next day and I'm conflicted on whether I should stay or quit.

There's a part of me that wants to stay hoping for it to get better because I only just started, and I also want to help my family financially. But there's also a part of me that wants to quit and stay at home where I'm comfortable, but just that thought of that, I feel like I'll be a burden and I know I can't stay like that forever.

This is my first time opening up because I can't keep these feelings bottled up anymore, I also don't have anyone I'm close enough to share so thank you for reading. Any words of encouragement or advice would be helpful. Have a nice day!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sashimi_, nil243, EmpathyMinded and 1 other person
StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
I can only imagine how tough it must be to deal with all this stress and anxiety. But don't let that stop you from pushing forward! You're doing great, and you're already taking steps to make things better by reaching out for help. Remember, it's okay to be scared and uncertain, and it's perfectly fine to take a break and regroup if you need to. But just know that you're not alone in this, and there are people who care and support you. So keep on fighting, and keep on striving towards your goals. You got this my friend.

• Love
Reactions: veryyred
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I think the beginnings are always the hardest. You have to get used to the new situation, get out of your comfort zone. If I were you, I'd try to work a little longer. This can be very difficult for you because this is only the beginning. If the stress persists, quit your job. This amount of stress and fear will not do you any good. Maybe try working online from home? You can then stay where you feel comfortable helping your family financially. I don't know what your job is, but if you work with other people, why not try working on your own? For example, cleaning houses. You will do your job and no one will tell you how to do things unless you do your job right.

• Love
xelaz

xelaz

cat lover
May 2, 2023
I also felt the same due to school. A lot of workload, bad life/school balance, no motivation etc. Since it's a new place that I started going to there was a lot of time needed for adjusting and getting used to how things are. It took me about half a year to finally start figuring out how to manage everything equally on one plate and not have break down every other day. if there is a part of you that still wants to continue working and helping your family cling to it and try your best. Every day is diffrent, on some days you might feel like terrible and won't be able to get out of bed, on the others you might feel better, for me staying consistent helps me to keep going, having a morning routine that is long and slow helps me process my thoughts and get ready to face life. I wish you the best and know that you can manage it, it's going to be hard, but you'll find it easier as time goes on❤️

• Love
veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
I think the beginnings are always the hardest. You have to get used to the new situation, get out of your comfort zone. If I were you, I'd try to work a little longer. This can be very difficult for you because this is only the beginning. If the stress persists, quit your job. This amount of stress and fear will not do you any good. Maybe try working online from home? You can then stay where you feel comfortable helping your family financially. I don't know what your job is, but if you work with other people, why not try working on your own? For example, cleaning houses. You will do your job and no one will tell you how to do things unless you do your job right.
Thank you for your advice, seeing someone replying makes me a bit happy. I will try to give it a chance and stay for a bit but will also try to find other options as well. I work in the medical field and I grabbed an opportunity that I thought I could handle, hopefully in time I really could.

Also considering looking for work from home jobs so if I do quit, that's the back up plan.
Will also look into jobs that require me to work on my own. That didn't cross my mind, Thank you for giving me an idea!
I can only imagine how tough it must be to deal with all this stress and anxiety. But don't let that stop you from pushing forward! You're doing great, and you're already taking steps to make things better by reaching out for help. Remember, it's okay to be scared and uncertain, and it's perfectly fine to take a break and regroup if you need to. But just know that you're not alone in this, and there are people who care and support you. So keep on fighting, and keep on striving towards your goals. You got this my friend.
Thank you so much for this, I sometimes forget that there are people who genuinely care and cheer me on. I get blindsided and think I'm alone when in truth I'm sure there are those who I can ask for help. It's sometimes hard to open up to people i know in real life since I feel like I'm a burden, hopefully I can open up to them when things get difficult. Really grateful for the reminder and for the words of encouragement!
I also felt the same due to school. A lot of workload, bad life/school balance, no motivation etc. Since it's a new place that I started going to there was a lot of time needed for adjusting and getting used to how things are. It took me about half a year to finally start figuring out how to manage everything equally on one plate and not have break down every other day. if there is a part of you that still wants to continue working and helping your family cling to it and try your best. Every day is diffrent, on some days you might feel like terrible and won't be able to get out of bed, on the others you might feel better, for me staying consistent helps me to keep going, having a morning routine that is long and slow helps me process my thoughts and get ready to face life. I wish you the best and know that you can manage it, it's going to be hard, but you'll find it easier as time goes on❤️
Thank you so much, just seeing encouragement is making me teary eyed haha.
I just didn't expect getting out of your comfort zone can be this scary, doing new things, meeting new people at work and having new scenarios I'm unfamiliar with, it's really stressful. Hopefully I can adjust as well. I'll keep in mind what you said about having a morning routine, will definitely try it out.

Wishing you the best as well ♥️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: StaticCryBabye
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
Hello! Just looking for words of encouragement because I am completely at a loss. I started working for a month now and it's a job that gets very stressful. I'm honestly grateful to have a job but it's making me more anxious and scared. I cry everytime the day ends because I fear about what stressful encounters will happen during work the next day and I'm conflicted on whether I should stay or quit.

There's a part of me that wants to stay hoping for it to get better because I only just started, and I also want to help my family financially. But there's also a part of me that wants to quit and stay at home where I'm comfortable, but just that thought of that, I feel like I'll be a burden and I know I can't stay like that forever.

This is my first time opening up because I can't keep these feelings bottled up anymore, I also don't have anyone I'm close enough to share so thank you for reading. Any words of encouragement or advice would be helpful. Have a nice day!
I can relate to this completely. My job before last I had an outbreak of shingles from the stress: it literally stressed me out enough my own body was attacking itself because I couldn't handle it. The job after that/before this one I have now wasn't as bad but similar enough.

If you are open to suggestion, I recommend don't do one or the other, do both. Stay at this job to provide the financial support you want to, but when you have the time also keep working on finding something new. That way you are still able to to care of things you want with pay coming in, but you also don't feel trapped because you are actively working toward the next thing.

That job before last where I had that health issue, I quit without a plan and I was worse off, had consequences that made the urge to CTB far worse. This last job I did what I recommended to you, and that bit of hope from trying to do something new helped keep me afloat better until I finally did find my new job which I started a couple weeks ago, where I am now less stressed. Nobody can say how quickly you will find a new better option, but I'm sure you can eventually. Just keep at it, you've got this. And no matter how things are going, don't let this situation define your sense of being valuable. You are no matter what.

CloudyNight

CloudyNight

Wake me up before you go go
Apr 15, 2023
Give me one more day all I ask just one more day stay strong. 💪