WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
i feel so bad for my bf who has to put up with all my bs😭
anyways!! ready for serotonin syndrome!! ready to get locked!! yay!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori, Ash’Girl and 6 others
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
I hope you recover quickly, Im not sure why you did it but maybe this can be a way to get some support and help from your family. :heart:

Reactions: Kit1
WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
I hope you recover quickly, Im not sure why you did it but maybe this can be a way to get some support and help from your family. :heart:
thank you :(( <3, i just got out of the hospital today bc i called the ambulance soon, but my body is still weak. i'll go to the ward next week tho

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
i feel so bad for my bf who has to put up with all my bs😭
anyways!! ready for serotonin syndrome!! ready to get locked!! yay!
I took a my whole bottle of Prozac and woke up feeling so sick 🤒 I didn't go to the hospital but I remember my throat was hurting so bad that I couldn't eat or drink for 3 days 🥲Maybe it was my anxiety idk but I'll never do that again. I hope you feel better friend 🥰❤️❤️

burn

burn

Dec 13, 2023
Does serotonin syndrome even occur as a result of ingesting 1 type of SSRI?

WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
I took a my whole bottle of Prozac and woke up feeling so sick 🤒 I didn't go to the hospital but I remember my throat was hurting so bad that I couldn't eat or drink for 3 days 🥲Maybe it was my anxiety idk but I'll never do that again. I hope you feel better friend 🥰❤️❤️
i am better thank you<3, i hope you don't have any aftermaths from that and that everything is slightly better for you:(
Does serotonin syndrome even occur as a result of ingesting 1 type of SSRI?
technically it does? but since i rushed to the er 4 hours after the ingestion and they made me drink activated carbon (which made me vomit) i didn't really have it (even tho they were checking my temperature all the time), what i did have was low blood pressure and muscle spams and i passed out and had a mini seizure for 3 mins

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
What does serotonin syndrome feel like?

WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
dont think i really got it since i rushed soon to the er. i should've slept and waited until it was daytime to wait for the ambulance

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Huh, did you not get sent to the ward? That's crazy.

Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I hope you are feeling better.

You can absolutely get serotonin syndrome from only one type of SSRI if you take enough. Although sources say it's more common when combining more than one med that effects serotonin levels, I think they mean by this that you can accidentally give yourself serotonin syndrome even if taking the meds at prescribed levels because of how they interact with each other in the body.

When I had serotonin syndrome from varying deliberate SSRI overdoses, symptoms ranged depending on how much I'd taken. In milder form, I had maybe 6-12 hours of spasms, general involuntary muscle twitching, and an upset tummy for a few days.

Larger quantity resulted in the above symptoms for longer duration and more severe (think up to a week+, it was a long time ago) but also body sweats, racing heart and very vivid hallucinations / temporary psychosis, and seizures. Legs wouldn't work and I'd collapse and felt high / drunk for days (but the type of drunk where everything is really fuzzy but you're feeling sick too, as opposed to "happy drunk").

I think it can be worse than that though. I've seen documentation on comas, heart failure, significant kidney damage, though these are much rarer and I suspect also down to individual body chemistry or underlying conditions. But am no doctor so could be talking rubbish. 🙄

Last edited:
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
when i had it i was very confused/ disoriented about the time and place. i was very hot and overly sweaty. i had a seizure and my whole body hurt, i also had bad tremors and muscle spasms. i think i remember my hand-eye coordination being bad too. my whole body just felt very uncomfortable and shaky. I couldn't walk properly because i was so shaky and didnt have much control over my body- i think thats part of the exaggerated reflexes symptom. my heart was racing, i could not stop vomiting (and sneezing oddly enough? im not sure why that happened) and my jaw hurt very badly. when i closed my eyes i was having vivid hallucinations and seeing rainbows. serotonin syndrome is not fun at all haha
Hope it didnt feel too bad OP, i od as self harm sometimes (im not really sure why i do it) and even if you arent sure either why you did it, i hope you get what you need from it

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and penguinl0v3s
WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
when i had it i was very confused/ disoriented about the time and place. i was very hot and overly sweaty. i had a seizure and my whole body hurt, i also had bad tremors and muscle spasms. i think i remember my hand-eye coordination being bad too. my whole body just felt very uncomfortable and shaky. I couldn't walk properly because i was so shaky and didnt have much control over my body- i think thats part of the exaggerated reflexes symptom. my heart was racing, i could not stop vomiting (and sneezing oddly enough? im not sure why that happened) and my jaw hurt very badly. when i closed my eyes i was having vivid hallucinations and seeing rainbows. serotonin syndrome is not fun at all haha
Hope it didnt feel too bad OP, i od as self harm sometimes (im not really sure why i do it) and even if you arent sure either why you did it, i hope you get what you need from it
i did struggle a lot walking again and when reading the er papers turns out i had passed out for 3 mins and had a seizure during those 3 mins too so yeah but fortunately never had any type of fever
thank you and unfortunately my parents have control of all my medication. what they don't know is that i still have a prescription paper, idk if it'll work hopefully yes lol
not yet:P it goes kinda slow here
I hope you are feeling better.

You can absolutely get serotonin syndrome from only one type of SSRI if you take enough. Although sources say it's more common when combining more than one med that effects serotonin levels, I think they mean by this that you can accidentally give yourself serotonin syndrome even if taking the meds at prescribed levels because of how they interact with each other in the body.

When I had serotonin syndrome from varying deliberate SSRI overdoses, symptoms ranged depending on how much I'd taken. In milder form, I had maybe 6-12 hours of spasms, general involuntary muscle twitching, and an upset tummy for a few days.

Larger quantity resulted in the above symptoms for longer duration and more severe (think up to a week+, it was a long time ago) but also body sweats, racing heart and very vivid hallucinations / temporary psychosis, and seizures. Legs wouldn't work and I'd collapse and felt high / drunk for days (but the type of drunk where everything is really fuzzy but you're feeling sick too, as opposed to "happy drunk").

I think it can be worse than that though. I've seen documentation on comas, heart failure, significant kidney damage, though these are much rarer and I suspect also down to individual body chemistry or underlying conditions. But am no doctor so could be talking rubbish. 🙄
they made me drink activated carbon (which was awful) to make me vomit it so i didn't experience everything within the range of serotonin symptom but did have some weird seizure and low ass blood pressure that made me struggle a lot with walking

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
This was rhetorical and I'm not op but I have actually ODed and not gone into the psych ward, even when I admitted to having tried to take my life.

If your method was not fatal enough (even if you believed it would be) and if you don't seem depressed enough to do it again, then they would rather you get out of their hair. I managed to get away like that 4 times, granted the first couple were more cries for help than anything.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
This was rhetorical and I'm not op but I have actually ODed and not gone into the psych ward, even when I admitted to having tried to take my life.

If your method was not fatal enough (even if you believed it would be) and if you don't seem depressed enough to do it again, then they would rather you get out of their hair. I managed to get away like that 4 times, granted the first couple were more cries for help than anything.
WHAT this is bullshit, because once I admitted that I wanted to OD on Xans that I didn't even have, and still got hospitalized.

Reactions: Kit1 and breezeboy
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
WHAT this is bullshit, because once I admitted that I wanted to OD on Xans that I didn't even have, and still got hospitalized.
I swear to to god it's real. I got the same social worker each time and on my last attempt she told me it was the psych ward if I did it again. It's a whole ass blur in my memory, but I think she seemed genuinely mad? I just know she basically threatened my parents for investigation or something because they took it hard. It's one reason why I haven't had the guts to try since, turns out these professionals really do understand that being locked up isn't help so much as it is punishment.

Really wish I could prove this happened, I can understand how it sounds like a load of horse shit. I just ask that you try to believe me.

• Wow
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and Kit1
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I swear to to god it's real. I got the same social worker each time and on my last attempt she told me it was the psych ward if I did it again. It's a whole ass blur in my memory, but I think she seemed genuinely mad? I just know she basically threatened my parents for investigation or something because they took it hard. It's one reason why I haven't had the guts to try since, turns out these professionals really do understand that being locked up isn't help so much as it is punishment.

Really wish I could prove this happened, I can understand how it sounds like a load of horse shit. I just ask that you try to believe me.
I do believe you, I just wonder how I got so unlucky. Also that's so fucked, that a social worker who makes their job off of having empathy had no empathy for you whatsoever.