AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
So my psych just told me, over the phone that she thinks I have inattentive ADHD.

I haven't been able to stop c rying since she told me 30 mins ago

Just one more thing wrong with my fucking brain

MDD, GAD, BPD, GD, BDD, and now ADHD

I'm ctb on October 31st and I can't wait for that day to arrive, I might even move it forward

I hate this fucking life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Hopeindeath!, Stick and 13 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Wow.
Is she the only one giving these assessments?

LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
I have so many mental health issue too and it's Horrible. I hope you find peace!

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Stick and Ghost2211
TreizKhushranata

TreizKhushranata

The cup of life has been poisoned forever.
Sep 26, 2020
Me too. I now have urinary retention thanks to an antidepressant I was on in the summer. I always feel like I have to urinate now. It sucks so bad.

• Aww..
Reactions: Stick
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Wow.
Is she the only one giving these assessments?
She's only adding ADHD, I've gotten all the other ones from other doctors over the years

• Love
Reactions: Lilacmoon
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
She's only adding ADHD, I've gotten all the other ones from other doctors over the years

I'd take what shrinks say with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: Stick, Myforevercharlie, pickajack and 4 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
So my psych just told me, over the phone that she thinks I have inattentive ADHD.

I haven't been able to stop c rying since she told me 30 mins ago

I'm ctb on October 31st and I can't wait for that day to arrive, I might even move it forward

I hate this fucking life
Let me reassure you that most (not all) psychiatric disgnoses are to some extent arbitrary labels designed to simply label personality traits or difficulties that you have.
Most are not 'real' in the sense that there is no biological difference.

So this is not equivalent to you bring told that you have some kind of progressive physical illness.

Plus there are effective treatments for ADHD: methylphenidate in particular is very good at making your thinking crystal clear.
I would advise being cautious if offered any type of amphetamines by psychiatrists over methylphenidate, as a side effect of long term use is worsening symptoms of depression.

Reactions: Stick
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Let me reassure you that most (not all) psychiatric disgnoses are to some extent arbitrary labels designed to simply label personality traits or difficulties that you have.
Most are not 'real' in the sense that there is no biological difference.

So this is not equivalent to you bring told that you have some kind of progressive physical illness.

Plus there are effective treatments for ADHD: methylphenidate in particular is very good at making your thinking crystal clear.
I would advise being cautious if offered any type of amphetamines by psychiatrists over methylphenidate, as a side effect of long term use is worsening symptoms of depression.
Bpg can I just get your thoughts a bit more on adhd innattentive ive and meds as I'm awaiting diagnosis (alongside diagnosed hfa) and thinking whether to have treatment or not.
Thanks

Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020

Just the form of these 3-letter diagnoses shows the absurdity, the cruelty and the systemic lack of empathy in our society.
If you already have an entire alphabet on your forehead, what difference would 3 more letters make?

You are exactly the same person that you were 2 hours ago, when you didn't know you (supposedly) had the newest addition.
It seems very wrong for a doctor to say such things over the phone (probably due to Covid), but it's even more wrong to empower them to such an extent to cry for an hour and incarcerate your mind in the trap of victimization and despair.

Fuck them and their "XYZ's".
Don't just take for granted their 6 diagnoses.
If they write 6 different etiquettes on your forehead, each of those looses any credibility, as does the doctor who should be addressing them and helping you.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmptyManForever, BitterlyAlive, Meditation guide and 2 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Bpg can I just get your thoughts a bit more on adhd innattentive ive and meds as I'm awaiting diagnosis (alongside diagnosed hfa) and thinking whether to have treatment or not.
Thanks
?? In what sense do you need advice

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
?? In what sense do you need advice
Well I suppose I want to know if the stimulants work and which ones and if there's any drawbacks. I've took straterra in the meantime and it helps with concentration slightly.
I've read up alot but would like some personal opinion.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Well I suppose I want to know if the stimulants work and which ones and if there's any drawbacks. I've took straterra in the meantime and it helps with concentration slightly.
I've read up alot but would like some personal opinion.
I'm afraid I exhausted my knowledge in what I already said to the OP, sorry.

All I am able to say is that methylphenidate (similar chemical structure to cocaine) is particularly effective and will help with concentration.

If you're seeking a diagnosis of ADHD be aware that there is a tendency to over medicate:
Stimulant, then sleeping med to take away effects of stimulant, then another med to combat side effects..........

• Love
Reactions: Mm80
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I hate this fucking life
I wouldn't pay any attention to all the labels. Don't be a bunch of labels. Clearly all the shrinks and diagnosis's aren't
doing you any good and in fact are making things worse.

I'm hoping you find peace.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and AJ95
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
Today even my 89 years old grandma would be diagnosed with something. Psychiatry has become a very lucrative business for those involved.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and Meditation guide
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Why you chose this particular date?
It fits nicely between birthdays in my family, also it sounds cool to die on halloween

I wouldn't pay any attention to all the labels. Don't be a bunch of labels. Clearly all the shrinks and diagnosis's aren't
doing you any good and in fact are making things worse.

I'm hoping you find peace.
Peace is coming :)

Reactions: Brokensaddle, Deleted member 4993 and not4us
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I love yooou <3 have a good trip! I'll see you there one day.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Has your Shrink said anything about plans to tackle each condition with you?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
When you get all these terrible labels put on you, they lurk in your mind so that you gradually come to identify yourself with them. Instead of being a person and an individual, you are a set of mental illnesses with the stamps of all those diagnosis's carried with you in your mind for years and years.

And as others have said, it's so these quacks can have a big income, live in a nice big house and drive an expensive car.

Get in touch with the person (yourself) without all those labels. There's lots of good things there, things those shrinks never talk about with you. Things they don't want you to think about. They want you to see yourself as a mental patient in desperate need of their help.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmptyManForever and Brokensaddle
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Psychiatrists are the main reason why i want to end my life as well,they completely ruined my life and brain with those "meds" they prescribed me to "make things better" but for me it only made things worse!

• Hugs
Reactions: ADruinedmylife and Meditation guide