• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I have noticed that there are members who request to be banned.

I can't help but be curious as to why a member would asked to have himself or herself banned from this site?

Last edited:
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Each person has their personal reasons to leave the forum when they don't want to participate anymore. Most either because they feel berter and want to try to live or because they created a goodbye thread, which mean they will ctb soon. Why do they ask to be banned when they can do it by themselves? I have no idea.

Reactions: Thanatos
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Why do they ask to be banned when they can do it by themselves? I have no idea.
Banning is something done by a mod when someone is not following the guidelines, but asking to ban oneself - it's a mystery.

T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Banning is something done by a mod when someone is not following the guidelines, but asking to ban oneself - it's a mystery.
Not really a mystery, alchemist just answered your question. Comes down to personal situations

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Not really a mystery, alchemist just answered your question. Comes down to personal situations
Yes it is a mystery. Alchemist said he did not know why a member would ask to be banned - it makes no sense. I have never seen such an option exist in any forums anywhere on the 'net. Could you give me any hypothetical reason a member would asked to be banned?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
are all previous posts deleted when we selfban?

Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Yes it is a mystery. Alchemist said he did not know why a member would ask to be banned - it makes no sense. I have never seen such an option exist in any forums anywhere on the 'net. Could you give me any hypothetical reason a member would asked to be banned?

No it's not a mistery, each person has their personal, wether they decide to make them public or not is up to them and if they decide to say it privately we respect their privacy. Their decisions are personal and it's nobody business to know if they don't feel like saying it.

are all previous posts deleted when we selfban?

No, they aren't. Mass deletion of content is not allowed.

Reactions: pleasethistime and Thanatos
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Could you give me any hypothetical reason a member would asked to be banned?
Sure some examples could be about to ctb, privacy/security reasons, some people may find the environment triggering, seeking recovery, the list goes on but its kept private so while the explanation may not be there I'd hardly call it a mystery in any cases I've seen. It's a useful function I'll likely use at some point

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Sure some examples could be about to ctb, privacy/security reasons, some people may find the environment triggering, seeking recovery, the list goes on but its kept private so while the explanation may not be there I'd hardly call it a mystery in any cases I've seen. It's a useful function I'll likely use at some point
I'll take your word for it. Asking to be banned strikes me as being odd, but if it works for some than I guess that's what's important.

Reactions: Thanatos