R

relax

Nov 4, 2023
I just realised how easily accessible razors are in my country lol they're like a few cents per blade and can be found easily if you know where to look. Can't wait to try them 🔥

kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
This ain't shtwt. If you want to vent please put a vent tag, thanks.

R

relax

Nov 4, 2023
What's shtwt idt I tagged anything because I wouldnt count this as venting lol but sure

Outsidelessness

Outsidelessness

Zero is immense
Feb 13, 2023
I'm sorry you feel like doing this to yourself and that you've registered here.

From a harm reduction standpoint, please make sure you are sterile in doing this like cleaning your tools and using antiseptic solutions. You don't want anything to get infected because that can get seriously wild and painful. Use gauze pads and bandages after you're done as well. I don't personally encourage cutting as a whole but I'm willing to make sure you're at least safe in doing so if you inevitably do it.

firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
I just realised how easily accessible razors are in my country lol they're like a few cents per blade and can be found easily if you know where to look. Can't wait to try them 🔥
I thought they were extremely to find everywhere, isn't the case ? I use them to shave with a secure single blade razor which is the best thing to cut hairs, which can allow cleaner cuts since the blade can be "tangled" in the hairs. It's quite of ironic to use a secure razor in order to harm myself just after.
How do you proceed to cut yourself ? Do you prefer to make it slow ? To be rough and quick ? To use hot blade ? Where do you cut yourself ?

It may be a lot of questions and you can ignore them if it's bugging you.

R

relax

Nov 4, 2023
I thought they were extremely to find everywhere, isn't the case ? I use them to shave with a secure single blade razor which is the best thing to cut hairs, which can allow cleaner cuts since the blade can be "tangled" in the hairs. It's quite of ironic to use a secure razor in order to harm myself just after.
How do you proceed to cut yourself ? Do you prefer to make it slow ? To be rough and quick ? To use hot blade ? Where do you cut yourself ?

It may be a lot of questions and you can ignore them if it's bugging you.
Idk I don't shave and the ones they sell at the huge convenience stores are those with the casings on and are really expensive. Today was the first time I found razor blades sold without its casing and I was just really shocked that it actually existed lol.
Well before I bought the razors I used a curved blade that's foldable and can be stored in my wallet. I bought it a few years ago and it's gotten pretty blunt now. I usually cut on my upper thighs so that no one can see them and I prefer to cut it slowly so that it bleeds more. I find it very annoying when it doesn't bleed much at all. I don't know if I'll prefer to cut with the razors or my blade because I've always liked the curved edge as I find it a lot easier to cut with it.
Do you cut with a razor? Is it as sharp as everyone says it is and doesn't the straight edges make it harder to cut? I've been cutting for a few years now but it still feels like I'm new at this
I'm sorry you feel like doing this to yourself and that you've registered here.

From a harm reduction standpoint, please make sure you are sterile in doing this like cleaning your tools and using antiseptic solutions. You don't want anything to get infected because that can get seriously wild and painful. Use gauze pads and bandages after you're done as well. I don't personally encourage cutting as a whole but I'm willing to make sure you're at least safe in doing so if you inevitably do it.
Yep I have wound spray (??) that's supposed to help prevent infections and plasters to use as steri-strips in case I really need them. I'm not a very deep cutter so I don't think my wounds are going to get infected. I only do it to prevent myself from spiraling into a possible suicide attempt. Thanks for the reminder though!

Last edited:
firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
I prefer to cut it slowly so that it bleeds more. I find it very annoying when it doesn't bleed much at all. I don't know if I'll prefer to cut with the razors or my blade because I've always liked the curved edge as I find it a lot easier to cut with it.
Do you cut with a razor? Is it as sharp as everyone says it is and doesn't the straight edges make it harder to cut? I've been cutting for a few years now but it still feels like I'm new at this
It's funny because I thought the same at first : slowly means more blood. But it actually doesn't, it just is painful as you take time to cut the skin.
But I learnt that the quickest and with the more momentum before unleashing the strike and it gets pretty deep with lot of blood.

Got myself surprised once because I put too much strength into it and I just had a huge cut in which we could see the white flesh under the skin. It's called the dermis, it's the second layer of skin.

So it was quite deep and it started bleeding a lot. Took me a bit more than a week to heal, but even to this day I feel uneasy when touching the scar unlike others which are numb.

Razor blades are definitely very sharp, but it bends a lot since it's thin. So I use a scissor in which the razor blade is stuck in between the two blades of the scissor and I taped them together so it would be stiff and wouldn't bend when I'm cutting. Just like an axe.

I enjoyed doing it on my chest so no one would ever notice, which is not the case with arms.
I definitely do not recommend hot blade, with a knife or a razor blade because it makes the scar disappear quickly and razor blades turn black which can cause infection. It's not even more painful, because it's cutting cleaner. I found it much more enjoyable to burn myself with cigarettes, even though I never smoke them. I don't like the taste.

It took me more than 6 years of self harm to learn all that but in reality I think there are still a lot of things I have to learn to.

I know I gave a lot of informations which could be seen as hazard information, but for me not talking about it and making it taboo led me to discover horrible ways to harm myself.
I regret some scars, even though I know I will certainly get over it after some time.
You can do whatever you want with what I told you. If you use it for yourself or if it prevents you from going further than just small cuts, I can't control that. You're the one in charge of your own body !

Hope it enlightened you !