xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Sorry this is just gonna be a vent post... So I had been living with my parents but there has been a lot of conflict the last while and this morning was the last straw after we had a massive fight. I'm 23, out of work with Covid(I'm a stripper/sex worker), I do get disability allowance but it's only 200€ per week which is not enough to afford a place. I have practically nothing with me except for one outfit and my SN + antiemetic, painkillers etc, I'm currently couch surfing at a friends house. I had planned to ctb soon at my parents house but now I just feel like I'm in limbo. I will talk to citizens advice bureau on Monday to see if I can organize getting emergency accommodation but ugh this sucks so much. All this on top of everything else I'm going through with my mental illness- bpd, ocd, Anorexia and bulimia which is very much out of control at the moment. I am living in Dublin, Ireland btw so if anyone else is from Ireland and has gone through something similar I could use some advice :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, AfraidofEverything, Greenberg and 15 others
sagajin

sagajin

Aug 13, 2020
Hey i know this doesnt mean much. But i'm a fellow sexworker in belgium. More the IT side. scheduler/book keeping and screening. If you need a place to stay. My apartment isnt the biggest. But I'l share what i have til your back on your feet.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Greenberg, miguel6565 and xLosthopex
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Hey i know this doesnt mean much. But i'm a fellow sexworker in belgium. More the IT side. scheduler/book keeping and screening. If you need a place to stay. My apartment isnt the biggest. But I'l share what i have til your back on your feet.
I am all the way over in Ireland but thank you you're very kind to offer

Reactions: Greenberg and sagajin
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Hey, i live in Ireland as well. How far do you live from city centre?

Trust me, you don't want to be homeless in Dublin. Know a friend who got cancer and recovered but went homeless for a different reason. He said that he'd rather die of cancer than go through homelessness.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Superdeterminist and Greenberg
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Hey, i live in Ireland as well. How far do you live from city centre?

Trust me, you don't want to be homeless in Dublin. Know a friend who got cancer and recovered but went homeless for a different reason. He said that he'd rather die of cancer than go through homelessness.
I live in North Dublin but spend most of my time in the city centre, staying tonight at a friends just outside the city centre but yeah if I end up on the street it's gonna be there
I'm gonna try my best to avail of emergency accommodation if I can, I will go and talk to citizens advice on Monday

Reactions: Greenberg
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
I'm in Scotland, not Ireland but I'm involved with citizens advice. I'm Scotland I would tell someone to go to the local authority /council who all have homelessness departments and they can sort something out for you as an emergency measure if you have nowhere to go, here it would be a bed and breakfast in the immediate term normally. I hope and assume it's the same in Ireland so you shouldn't end up literally on the street.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and xLosthopex
F

Funkymonks

Jul 23, 2020
I'm from Northern Ireland but lived in Dublin for quite a few years. Contact the women's health service, I don't think the cab will be of much help. The only place I know of is merchants quay at Smithfield.

• Love
H

heraclitus

Student
May 22, 2020
Sorry this is just gonna be a vent post... So I had been living with my parents but there has been a lot of conflict the last while and this morning was the last straw after we had a massive fight. I'm 23, out of work with Covid(I'm a stripper/sex worker), I do get disability allowance but it's only 200€ per week which is not enough to afford a place. I have practically nothing with me except for one outfit and my SN + antiemetic, painkillers etc, I'm currently couch surfing at a friends house. I had planned to ctb soon at my parents house but now I just feel like I'm in limbo. I will talk to citizens advice bureau on Monday to see if I can organize getting emergency accommodation but ugh this sucks so much. All this on top of everything else I'm going through with my mental illness- bpd, ocd, Anorexia and bulimia which is very much out of control at the moment. I am living in Dublin, Ireland btw so if anyone else is from Ireland and has gone through something similar I could use some advice :(
https://spunout.ie/life/article/apply-for-emergency-accommodation = might help.

I really hope it works out for you.

• Love
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
wait wait wait
Not trying to be rude, but rather than facing homelessness (and God help us who knows what else), can you attempt a reconciliation with your parents? At least until you figure out the next steps in your life?
Hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and Sensei
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
wait wait wait
Not trying to be rude, but rather than facing homelessness (and God help us who knows what else), can you attempt a reconciliation with your parents? At least until you figure out the next steps in your life?
Hugs
No I've already given that enough tries

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, NoDream and GoneGoneGone
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
Sounds like when I used to live with my dickhead dad, moving out and getting my own place was the best thing to happen. I hope you find your way.

Reactions: Venessolotic