W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
To the multiple men who came into my "Women?" post with compassion and open ears/minds-- you're the best. I can't thank you enough for your respect and consideration. You're amazing and knowing there's so many of you on here means there are even more of you out there. ❤️ All we want is respect, the kind a human gives to a human, regardless of gender, and y'all did that. Thank you. I won't forget.

Now, my loves......I do want to address the very few, to avoid the spread of that bad example, (though they've mostly been kicked off the thread) who came in to make things political and complain about the subject matter -- my friends, what was that about? That's mine and many others' reason to ctb, whether you like it or not, it's yet another ugly and evil reality. If it were any other reason, those comments wouldn't have happened. I will share my reason freely like anyone else, and connect with others who have the same or similar experiences. I will give respect and in turn I expect it back. We're all here to share and if someone is sharing their stories and feelings-- of all things!--be respectful or move along. There's no need to stir up more pain for anyone here by just being a reckless jerk.

Here's some SS etiquette guidelines (not sarcasm, just heed the advice if you didn't know):

Person 1 - *reasons*
Person 2 - "I'm so sorry for your pain, I may not understand exactly but that's awful and I hate that things are like this" and/or even "I may not have lived that exact experience, but I know how disgusting life can be, and you're not alone."

There are millions of comments on this site with great examples as well. Feel free to lurk a bit. ;)

It's absolutely encouraged to share experiences and connect with each other, but you DO NOT actively invalidate someone's personal feelings and experiences, or compare each other. If one ends up on a site like this, shit is clearly bad enough.

Be kind to people, especially in potentially their last days. This is not a question, it's a requirement.

Just be nice my darlings, ain't no reason not to! :)

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, I Can't Say and Division Day
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The people who are insensitive like that are just trying to get a reaction out of people and just want attention. Humans truly are the worst species after all, it's dreadful how many of them just create more suffering.

Reactions: BrainShower
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I think some posts which are venting and not a discussion could be better served by using that label. I am not saying that necessarily applies to your thread.

I also think it should be moderators who point out what you are pointing out, which does have a patronising whiff about it (etiquette guidelines!), even if I agree with the majority of it. You'd probably make a great moderator but that's not the point.

Just my opinion.