E

esistzeit

INFINITY
Jul 17, 2024
For a human, there are such things as "good" and "bad". Growing up with access to sufficient food is advantageous for you, whereas losing an arm and leg in an accident is clearly disadvantageous. However, from the universe's perspective, these are simply random events. There's nothing special about them; an infinite number of those happen every day.

From a human's perspective, I've had a lot of bad luck. Things over which I had no control happened to me when I was way too young to be able to know how to handle them. But for the universe, they simply happened. I simply happened. Nothing special about either. This means that I am nothing but another link in the infinite chain of events in the universe. And, from a human's perspective, this link happened to be a bad one.

This way of thinking weakens the pain I feel ever so slightly. Whenever I look at the universe and its size, everything human related feels incredibly small. Compared to infinity everything is puny. If I am just 1 of infinite events, then everything that is me has very, very, very little value.

Yet again perspective plays a pivotal role. Life hurts so much if I make it personal. If I don't, if I regard it as meaningless as it appears to be, it doesn't hurt as much. But I still wonder, what's the bigger picture here? Why did the universe, as a whole, happen in the first place? Why do things exist at all? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, peaceandlove, Darkover and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i don't think there's is any reason for it, it just is

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me personally existence just feels like a terrible tragedy, I see it as ultimately all senseless, I see so much cruelty in how existing beings suffer all through no fault of their own in this reality where chance determines everything, I also find existing painful. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: LifeQuitter