Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
Yesterday I had jury duty. In our country that's a horrible thing. It's a law that you must come and the letter doesn't say "we appreciate your time and effort", it says "failure to appear will result in civil and or criminal charges". When you show up they treat you like crap. There were 60 of us all there to determine who should be on a jury for a convicted sex offender. The lawyer is seriously asking, "if you knew that a defendant had been convicted of multiple crimes against children would that make it difficult to render an impartial judgement".

All I could think of during this whole garbage festival is that humanity has become the lowest form of cesspool that could ever exist. We literally had 60 people standing in a courthouse atrium with all the benches taped up to prevent covid while baliffs wandered around working to ensure that no one got.within 6 feet of each other and other baliffs yelled instructions at us from the staircases. You can tell the staff hates to deal with us, none of us want to be there and the only point of 60 people standing around for 8 hours was to choose 12 who would give a convicted sex offender a longer sentence.

All I can think is nothing matters. We were literally all just numbers to this thing. We don't matter as humans and the only reason we were there is because we were all commanded to be there.

I spend so much time thinking there isn't anything important or valuable that will still be of value in 500 years. Will any of the stupidity of that asinine jury duty matter. If I had been dead right before the jury duty would it have mattered at all even in the slightest?

I can't find any reason at all lately to care about anything. It's all just crap.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Hopeindeath!, profoundexperience and 9 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Yesterday I had jury duty. In our country that's a horrible thing. It's a law that you must come and the letter doesn't say "we appreciate your time and effort", it says "failure to appear will result in civil and or criminal charges". When you show up they treat you like crap. There were 60 of us all there to determine who should be on a jury for a convicted sex offender. The lawyer is seriously asking, "if you knew that a defendant had been convicted of multiple crimes against children would that make it difficult to render an impartial judgement".

All I could think of during this whole garbage festival is that humanity has become the lowest form of cesspool that could ever exist. We literally had 60 people standing in a courthouse atrium with all the benches taped up to prevent covid while baliffs wandered around working to ensure that no one got.within 6 feet of each other and other baliffs yelled instructions at us from the staircases. You can tell the staff hates to deal with us, none of us want to be there and the only point of 60 people standing around for 8 hours was to choose 12 who would give a convicted sex offender a longer sentence.

All I can think is nothing matters. We were literally all just numbers to this thing. We don't matter as humans and the only reason we were there is because we were all commanded to be there.

I spend so much time thinking there isn't anything important or valuable that will still be of value in 500 years. Will any of the stupidity of that asinine jury duty matter. If I had been dead right before the jury duty would it have mattered at all even in the slightest?

I can't find any reason at all lately to care about anything. It's all just crap.
Courthouses, trials, lawyers, jury duty, it's all torture. Sorry you had to go through it.

Reactions: infinitelove and Lostandlooking
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
Thank you for accidentally reminding me about checking to see if I was summoned, haha.

But yeah, we are all taught to be so biased towards criminals, is there really a true neutral to crime? Can a person 100% truly be impartial?

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
Anything to do with the legal system is basically a world of utter s**t.

My friend from rehab who is one of the nicest people I have ever known is tormented by legal shite. She had a falling out with a man she had employed as a gardener, he was turning up drunk then one day came onto her, then he accused her of slander, i.e., calling him a paedo. He has been dragging her through the courts for two and half years, the c***. Of course even if he loses in court which he probably will, the lawyers still profit. Wankers.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime