Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Jumping with headphones? Yes, you will tell me that it will not save my life but I am afraid that it will cushion the shock to the head a little... I don't like the headphones that we put in the ears. I plan to throw myself from a height of 55/60m. I will land either on grass or hard ground...I hope to avoid shrubs but not easy to aim

I know that its a stupide question...but I need to speak about this.
Impossible to jump without music...

Headpbones like this...

• Hugs
Reactions: Hysteria and Gonnerr
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
I don't think it will. Even if it cushioned your head, your neck would probably still take a lot of the impact, so you should still die.

Reactions: Defenestration
Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023
You'd probably have 44.358 kJ stored at the time of impact. The headphones would absorb about 443 Joules. which means a direct impact with your head should be fatal.
(edit: this could be wrong, because of terminal velocity. meaning you would probably only hit the ground with 66 km/h (6.8kj) which should still be enough, but isn't the 120 km/h that you would experience with 44k joules.)

Last edited:
Reactions: UnwillingSavior and Defenestration
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
The headphones, if they impact the ground still on your head, would likely crush into your skull rather than cushion the blow. Its why they dont recommend women even wear the hair claw clips while driving cause just an accident impact while driving could embed it into your skull rather than soften a blow.

Reactions: Defenestration and annointed_towers
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Amazon product ASIN B07797FJKY
Quelque chose comme ça, vous pouvez l'attacher à votre jean.

J'ai vu un gars travailler avec ça dans un emploi précédent. Ça sonne bien.
Thanks because im afraid that the sound of my headphones will cut off during the jump( wireless headphones) and i want to leave m'y celle phone upstairs
Amazon product ASIN B07797FJKY
Quelque chose comme ça, vous pouvez l'attacher à votre jean.

J'ai vu un gars travailler avec ça dans un emploi précédent. Ça sonne bien.
Thanks because im afraid that the sound of my headphones will cut off during the jump( wireless headphones) and i want to leave m'y celle phone upstairs

Reactions: Gonnerr
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
You'd only be falling for a handful of seconds, it likely wont have enough time to drop connection and if it did cut you'd likely have have time to really register it stopped.

Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Vous auriez probablement 44,358 kJ stockés au moment de l'impact. Les écouteurs absorberaient environ 443 Joules. ce qui signifie qu'un impact direct avec votre tête devrait être mortel.
(modifier : cela pourrait être faux, en raison de la vitesse terminale. ce qui signifie que vous ne toucheriez probablement le sol qu'à 66 km/h (6,8 kj), ce qui devrait quand même être suffisant, mais les 120 km/h que vous rencontreriez ne sont-ils pas 44 000 joules.)
66 km/h on grass IS it ok?

Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
I haven't thought of it, but thanks for the idea. I plan to go with Night Night, but Defenestration is my second. And since death has to be so difficult, I can't claim to pass on the first try. If I end up with Defenestration, I'll do the same. I don't think any headphones would significantly impact the death rate with the powerful forces involved. I think it only matters to people who want to survive because it can make the injuries even more serious. No problem as long as we die landing. Good luck to us!

Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023
66 km/h on grass IS it ok?
sorry for only replying now.
If you can jump down and hold a dive position then you should be ok. Just make sure the ground is either frozen or really dry, as wet ground tends to be soft and could make you survive.
I'd recommend training by jumping into controlled water to see how it is.

Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
désolé de ne répondre que maintenant.
Si vous pouvez sauter et maintenir une position de plongée, tout devrait bien se passer. Assurez-vous simplement que le sol est gelé ou très sec, car un sol humide a tendance à être mou et pourrait vous permettre de survivre.
Je recommandeais de s'entraîner en sautant dans de leau
thank you very much for the answer, I don't know what the floor will be like. it will probably be a little grass/dirt and a little hard... What I know is that I absolutely have to avoid small shrubs or bushes...
but it's not easy to aim for.

the roof is approximately 60 m away. from this height if nothing slows my fall and if I hit the ground it should be good...for the fall it's difficult to know how you land because the body will rotate in the air.

I know that you shouldn't jump in with both feet, but diving like in a swimming pool is scary...

the main thing is that I manage to jump and kill survival instincts

I have planned advance directives not to pursue therapeutic efforts so as not to leave me in a vegetative state...written on a sheet which will be in my wallet, given to my doctor, to my psychologist, sheet will be left at my home with my parents , and enter my health space.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You will be dead before the headphones even know the connection is gone.

As for headphones taking the impact, not a chance. Your brain will still be completely destroyed in milliseconds.

• Love
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Vous serez mort avant même que les écouteurs ne sachent que la connexion est terminée.

Quant aux écouteurs prenant l'impact, pas de chance. Votre cerveau sera quand même complètement détruit en quelques millisecondes.

désolé de ne répondre que maintenant.
Si vous pouvez sauter et maintenir une position de plongée, tout devrait bien se passer. Assurez-vous simplement que le sol est gelé ou très sec, car un sol humide a tendance à être mou et pourrait vous permettre de survivre.
Je recommanderais de s'entraîner en sautant dans de l'eau contrôlée pour voir comment ça se passe.

40,5 m

Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023

that's onto water and he's train for this. Water does harden like concrete, because at some point the object can't displace enough water, but that's at very high velocities.
He actually uses a technique to slow down his fall and lessen the impact area. He opens up to create drag, which significantly slows him down and before hitting the water he makes himself small and kind of like a sharp rock, to put all the impact onto his feet and hands.

Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
that's onto water and he's train for this. Water does harden like concrete, because at some point the object can't displace enough water, but that's at very high velocities.
He actually uses a technique to slow down his fall and lessen the impact area. He opens up to create drag, which significantly slows him down and before hitting the water he makes himself small and kind of like a sharp rock, to put all the impact onto his feet and hands.
I know that this gentleman is not suicidal and that he is a regular. but it's interesting to see jumps in this sport.

Do you think it's a good method for me to handcuff my hands behind my back so that I don't have the reflex to put my hands up when falling ?

Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023
I know that this gentleman is not suicidal and that he is a regular. but it's interesting to see jumps in this sport.

Do you think it's a good method for me to handcuff my hands behind my back so that I don't have the reflex to put my hands up when falling ?
Unless you're jumping into water, no. I'd say it's too much of a hassle. You should probably make yourself as comfortable as you can tho, so anxiety doesn't take a hold of you and handcuffs would most likely not help.

Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
And the white (what I erased) inside the yellow square was a table with people but this table for the summer has since been removed