• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Hello,
I was wondering a lot about the impact of jumping from 300 feet(90m) on concrete.

I was in a car accident once and although there was a lot of pain after waking up, I was unconscious during the collision. So I was wondering whether and how likely such a state of unconsciousness is if you land on anything but your head. A worse than perfect outcome.

Last edited:
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Can't advise but lots of threads on here regarding depths to jump etc.

DarkThoughts

DarkThoughts

eepy guy, hoping to CTB with someone else.
Feb 6, 2024
Can't advise but lots of threads on here regarding depths to jump etc.
Do you think I'm allowed to reference a study which investigates this topic to provide statistics?

Reactions: winterparty
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Do you think I'm allowed to reference a study which investigates this topic to provide statistics?
As long as it doesn't include gore pics and videos, i think you can. You should ask the mods and post it if it's within the regulations, it would help most as there is only one jumping document going around here.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Someone of the sasu community mentioned to me that apparently you can see some not go into a shock if you were to watch gore videos

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Someone of the sasu community mentioned to me that apparently you can see some not go into a shock if you were to watch gore videos
Gore doesn't bother me. But some people get a kick out of it (sexually)

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Where I live it's even a grey area to watch it so you might be cautious

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I never watched a jumping one but can you really tell if someone went into/not a state of shock when jumping?

DarkThoughts

DarkThoughts

Feb 6, 2024
Hello,
I was wondering a lot about the impact of jumping from 300 feet(90m) on concrete.

I was in a car accident once and although there was a lot of painafter waking up, I was unconscious during the collision. So I was wondering whether and how likely such a state of unconsciousness is if you land on anything but your head. A worse than perfect outcome.
It is possible, but incredibly rare to survive such a fall. Case reports of people falling from similar distances and surviving are hard to come by, but they usually involve being slowed by another surface on the way down. With concrete, the fall distance is largely insignificant beyond a certain point. Our bodies don't have a "crumple zone" unlike cars, so we would take the full force of that impact. The sudden deceleration from terminal velocity (~120 mph) to a complete standstill would cause catastrophic injury. Some trauma studies seem to indicate that a fall from a seventh floor (~84 feet) has only a 10% survival rate.

The damage caused by these collisions is almost indescribable, but I can reference one case of survival I've found from the NIH. The report involves a 23-year-old man who fell from a height of 35 metres. He had fallen onto the top of a toilet container, broke through the rooftop and landed on the floor. Patient was gasping for air with GCS 3 (Glasgow coma scale). After intubation, the patient was unable to oxygenate sufficiently and was diagnosed with a left-sided tension pneumothorax. After initial stabilisation, he was taken to the ER via ambulance. Further investigation revealed several injuries which you can examine on the referenced study.

Ref: 35 m Vertical Free Fall: How Impact Surface Influences Survival

I hope this helps to clarify some things.
PS: I was going to send this much earlier but I got caught up in stuff, oops!

Reactions: rozeske, winterparty, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
IITIt is possible, but incredibly rare to survive such a fall. Case reports of people falling from similar distances and surviving are hard to come by, but they usually involve being slowed by another surface on the way down. With concrete, the fall distance is largely insignificant beyond a certain point. Our bodies don't have a "crumple zone" unlike cars, so we would take the full force of that impact. The sudden deceleration from terminal velocity (~120 mph) to a complete standstill would cause catastrophic injury. Some trauma studies seem to indicate that a fall from a seventh floor (~84 feet) has only a 10% survival rate.

The damage caused by these collisions is almost indescribable, but I can reference one case of survival I've found from the NIH. The report involves a 23-year-old man who fell from a height of 35 metres. He had fallen onto the top of a toilet container, broke through the rooftop and landed on the floor. Patient was gasping for air with GCS 3 (Glasgow coma scale). After intubation, the patient was unable to oxygenate sufficiently and was diagnosed with a left-sided tension pneumothorax. After initial stabilisation, he was taken to the ER via ambulance. Further investigation revealed several injuries which you can examine on the referenced study.

Ref: 35 m Vertical Free Fall: How Impact Surface Influences Survival

I hope this helps to clarify some things.
PS: I was going to send this much earlier but I got caught up in stuff, oops!
Yeah, from what I've seen, it's all about the impact surface.

I've seen mention of people surviving from plane explosions from 33,000 feet who fell onto trees and snow; another guy fell 18,000 feet and survived after falling onto pine trees and snow; a woman fell from 11,000 feet and survived after power lines broke her fall. People have survived huge drops if something "soft" broke their fall.

But it seems a very high fall onto a concrete-type surface seems unsurvivable.
From a piece you linked:
Screenshot 20240208 205030

• Informative
Reactions: rozeske, ResilientAF, DarkThoughts and 1 other person
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I think the impact would immediately take you into unconsciousness, and death in 1-5 seconds. Things escalate so quickly that the brain cannot process what happened. Think of some cases where you stumble/fall on the floor while walking/running and hit your head - it is more than common to go into a state of confusion/shock for a few seconds as to what really happened, before you slowly recollect details of what you were doing before and what made you end up like that.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkThoughts and Tears in Rain
DarkThoughts

DarkThoughts

Feb 6, 2024
I think the impact would immediately take you into unconsciousness, and death in 1-5 seconds. Things escalate so quickly that the brain cannot process what happened. Think of some cases where you stumble/fall on the floor while walking/running and hit your head - it is more than common to go into a state of confusion/shock for a few seconds as to what really happened, before you slowly recollect details of what you were doing before and what made you end up like that.
I never thought about it like that - but you're absolutely right! The instant confusion after a fall is quite apparent, so I can imagine that would be magnified thousand-fold.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Thank your for your great answers. I'm still on the fence whether this is a method I dare to try. I'm mostly afraid of the pain on impact but everybody is saying that there is as good as none. Might be SI clouding my judgement.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DarkThoughts
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Only you know. Don't rush it. If you're unsure explore other methods x

Reactions: DarkThoughts