• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Do you think it would raise my chances of quick death if I jump from a bridge in winter? The bridge is about 65m tall.

I live in a place with very, very cold winters (can easily get to as low as -35 degrees celsius), so all the rivers get frozen. The ice is quite thick.

Ofc not expecting anyone to have a precise answer due to how many uncertain factors are at play, just wondering if this would be preferred over landing in water.

thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
The bridge is pretty high and I think it'd be just like falling on concrete, so I'd say it's a good idea.

• Hugs
Reactions: リンさん and アホペンギン
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Landing head first would be an advantage imo.

• Informative
Reactions: リンさん
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Best case, you break through. Worst case, the concrete mentioned earlier.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Freezing water and stuck under ice will take you out quickly.

S

Scribbilamarks

"Life is a gift" Well can I return it?
Sep 12, 2023
Im pretty sure it would would raise your chances so long as the bridge is a high one

Amidaa

Amidaa

How come we are brought here to just suffer
Aug 14, 2023
i don't think it i would be that peaceful if you jump of the bridge and then in to the ice. i have heard that some people have survived from much higher places with a very very bad result to the body. but there is also a change that you just can die before you even hit the ground thats is what i have heard then i would say that is pretty peaceful if you body just shut down before the collision but that percentage that happened is very very low. so i don't think it would be any help maybe reconsider other ways. but i'm also not a export or someone that know a lot about that stuff. anyways best wishes to you no matter the path you take.

Reactions: リンさん
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
i don't think it i would be that peaceful if you jump of the bridge and then in to the ice. i have heard that some people have survived from much higher places with a very very bad result to the body. but there is also a change that you just can die before you even hit the ground thats is what i have heard then i would say that is pretty peaceful if you body just shut down before the collision but that percentage that happened is very very low. so i don't think it would be any help maybe reconsider other ways. but i'm also not a export or someone that know a lot about that stuff. anyways best wishes to you no matter the path you take.
Thank you for the input. I'm considering a variety of CTB ways, jumping is very low on my list. It's more of a "what would happen if" than me actually planning on doing it.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I honestly don't think there is a way this could fail, to be honest. I've heard 150 feet is the baseline for 100% lethal on dry land, and 250 for water, this is in the 200s so it should be good. Landing on the ice means you're landing on solid ground, if it breaks and you somehow didn't die (which I can't see happening, but let's pretend it somehow did) you may even get cut by the ice, and in any case you'll be stuck in freezing water which would make you unable to move and cause you to drown, provided the blunt force trauma of landing on ice from 200+ feet didn't render you unable to move and severely bleeding already.
I love it. It's foolproof.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet. and リンさん