RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Ok, so I've finally selected my final resting place. I was going to do Beachy Head but this is even higher.

Here is the place on google maps https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4612275,-105.3250322,3a,75y,69.07h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPfkoU6PEGal-lPvXJ7eD2zKnpnof987jIX4V5V!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPfkoU6PEGal-lPvXJ7eD2zKnpnof987jIX4V5V=w203-h100-k-no-pi1.63792-ya21.450144-ro1.5704653-fo100!7i7200!8i3600

The railing looks very easy to climb over.

My initial idea is to pretend to be taking photos so i can actually walk on the bridge and then amp myself up to leap over the edge.

I'm going to run straight to the opposite side and dive over. I should be able to clear is very easily. It's a long drop, i'm certain you'll die from this height (1000 feet). I think diving will prevent my SI from kicking in and once you commit, that's it, enjoy the freefall.

Just wondering how many security guards patrol the bridge as they are trained to detect anyone who might jump so you have to not look suspicious and do it very quickly.

Anyway, the view is amazing. Beautiful scenery and a nice resting place.

Planning to do this in 2020. There's also a cabin that's only 2 miles from the bridge so it will be very easy to get to the bridge. I have to fly all the way from South Africa to Colorado just to kill myself lol...oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy4u, Azzy69 and Escargot Shorts
Hunter100

Hunter100

Lost...
Oct 12, 2019
Ok, so I've finally selected my final resting place. I was going to do Beachy Head but this is even higher.

Here is the place on google maps https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4612275,-105.3250322,3a,75y,69.07h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPfkoU6PEGal-lPvXJ7eD2zKnpnof987jIX4V5V!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPfkoU6PEGal-lPvXJ7eD2zKnpnof987jIX4V5V=w203-h100-k-no-pi1.63792-ya21.450144-ro1.5704653-fo100!7i7200!8i3600

My initial idea is to pretend to be taking photos so i can actually walk on the bridge and then amp myself up to leap over the edge.

I'm going to run straight to the opposite side and dive over. I should be able to clear is very easily. It's a long drop, i'm certain you'll die from this height (1000 feet). I think diving will prevent my SI from kicking in and once you commit, that's it, enjoy the freefall.

Just wondering how many security guards patrol the bridge as they are trained to detect anyone who might jump so you have to not look suspicious and do it very quickly.

Planning to do this in 2020. There's also a cabin that's only 2 miles from the bridge so it will be very easy to get to the bridge. I have to fly all the way from South Africa to Colorado just to kill myself lol...oh well.
Well that will definitely get it done. Expensive trip to ctb though. :wink:

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and RedPanda
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, Hunter100 and Notcutoutforlife
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Here you go OP, look at this thread, a poster who actually been there post actual pictures of it and tips for you.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/royal-gorge-bridge.24260/

I plan to go there too. Let hope 1,000 feet fall is enough to kill me even if I not head down.

Reactions: jupiterinherhairdrop and RedPanda
I

itistimetoleave

Oct 28, 2019
Why did you choose that particular bridge?

*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

The only way out is through
Oct 23, 2019

Is that the bridge that allows BASE jumping and bungee? That would make it easy to blend in if you go during day. Just jump and someone will say "hey dude you forgot the bungee".

Reactions: WhiteDespair, RedPanda and MaybeMaybeKnot
MaybeMaybeKnot

MaybeMaybeKnot

No ctrl-z when you ctb
Oct 25, 2019
Is that the bridge that allows BASE jumping and bungee? That would make it easy to blend in if you go during day. Just jump and someone will say "hey dude you forgot the bungee".
You might be thinking of the New River bridge in Virginia. Once a year they open it to BASE jumping. It's high enough to do the trick.

• Wow
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

The only way out is through
Oct 23, 2019
You might be thinking of the New River bridge in Virginia. Once a year they open it to BASE jumping. It's high enough to do the trick.
Probably that's the one I was thinking of.

Reactions: MaybeMaybeKnot
T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
I am seriously considering this spot as the method now sits 3rd on my list. Very beautiful location and ideal bridge as it stands currently. If anyone considering or that have already decided wishes to discuss further, I wouldn't mind in a PM.

Kodama

Kodama

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
Nice place to jump but naming your spot isn't a good idea.
Any related CTB from that place ?

RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
Here you go OP, look at this thread, a poster who actually been there post actual pictures of it and tips for you.

I plan to go there too. Let hope 1,000 feet fall is enough to kill me even if I not head down.

WHOA! Perfect, nice find, thank you.
Why did you choose that particular bridge?

The view is amazing. The height of this bridge is 1000 feet which is crazy high and the surface you land on looks like fairly shallow water and there's also tons of rocks. You'll die.

Lol, i like that idea! I'm not sure if it allows base jumping but it would be perfect for that activity.
Nice place to jump but naming your spot isn't a good idea.
Any related CTB from that place ?

Yes there have been a couple deaths but it seems to not be widely publicized, probably because they don't want the general public to know that people go there to suicide. Not really worried about naming the place i will be jumping from, i'll be dead anyways. If my identity is revealed i don't really care.

Last edited:
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Well that will definitely get it done. Expensive trip to ctb though. :wink:
Frankly, I think that no expense should be spared for ctb. After all, it's the last money you'll ever spend.

Edit: Fantastic view though. I love nature. This is why I want to ctb on a solo camping adventure.

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

I looked at this and considering the description you would think there would be a lot of suicides there, but so far it seems like there have been very few- I wonder why. I'm still trying to find out more about this. I thnk it may be because the part where you would jump from, where it is deepest, is not that far across, and there are typically families on the bridge, so you'd have to overcome SI enough to jump quickly in front of amilies, which can't be easy. Plus they must have some security watching out for single people walking across who look depressed. The whole county has an average of 20 - 30 suicides per year, which is in keeping with the national average, so there must be some reason or reasons why this location is not as easy to use as it looks like at first glance. This location is just two hours from Denver, so if this location worked really well you would think there would be a lot of suicides from Denver every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPanda