• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Zekeriki

Zekeriki

Feb 1, 2020
It's about 150ft tall with solid concrete at the bottom. 4 people already jumped including a 14 year old boy who was with his family. The site is temporarily closed though. You can't enter unless you have someone with you. It's a way to deter solo suicide jumpers. If it reopens, and you have a partner or pay a homeless guy $20 to come with you, it could be a viable option in the future. I wouldn't travel to go there though but if you live in the area why not. 1920 hudsonyards

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SadVegan and Arvinneedstodie
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
Why would someone choose this spot in particular? Wouldnt the Brooklyn bridge be a much easier option?

finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
Why would someone choose this spot in particular? Wouldnt the Brooklyn bridge be a much easier option?
i think for one of those people who'd want to draw a crowd i can see it being a good location

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and Justnyc
W

WoodyOak

Apr 28, 2020
A few years ago a co-worker of mine jumped off the Verrazano bridge.
Figured out why the Verazano...
If you ever saw the movie `The Bridge` it was to document people jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. Why the Golden Gate bridge you ask? Because
1) It was easy to get up over the guard rail to jump
2) The pedestrian walkway was high enough so within a few seconds of jumping you were going at maximum velocity and
3) People thought it was a quick death since hitting the water would be like swan diving into a cement block at that speed.
What they didn`t realize is that unless you landed on your head, it isn`t an instant death.
The Verrazano bridges` walkway was just about the same height and not very well protected from jumpers.
He just left work early one day, parked his car in the middle of the lower level, went over the guard rail and jumped.
People who jumped mostly died from drowning because they broke their legs and couldn`t swim or had massive internal injuries from landing the wrong way.
I`ll never know why some people don`t find a less painful way out.

• Aww..
Reactions: nembutal, dreadpirateroberts69, Fadeawaaaay and 4 others
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Flat surface, maybe. I hate the idea of my face being smashed against something like a jagged rock.

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay
J

Justnyc

Jul 6, 2021
If you ever saw the movie `The Bridge` it was to document people jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. Why the Golden Gate bridge you ask? Because
2) The pedestrian walkway was high enough so within a few seconds of jumping you were going at maximum velocity and
3) People thought it was a quick death since hitting the water would be like swan diving into a cement block at that speed.
What they didn`t realize is that unless you landed on your head, it isn`t an instant death.
The Verrazano bridges` walkway was just about the same height and not very well protected from jumpers.
He just left work early one day, parked his car in the middle of the lower level, went over the guard rail and jumped.
People who jumped mostly died from drowning because they broke their legs and couldn`t swim or had massive internal injuries from landing the wrong way.
Thats why I don't want to jump as way out because landing awkward an can't swim but if I'm broke like myself an

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
They probably think it's immediate. I've seen videos of people falling from high places and the videos appear as though it's instant. It just depends I guess. Other ways appear more peaceful but some people probably know they can't handle the waiting time. Most all ways are gruesome in some sense.

Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
I think this Hudson Yards place has gained a lot of notoriety for the people ctb off a building that's supposed to be a showplace. Its supposed to be high art &architecture, but it's now known for this.
I bet they'll have to put up screens or something.
Why would a 14 yr old ctb???

Reactions: Zekeriki
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
I'd pay a homeless person more than $20 to watch me jump to my death, they have it bad enough.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zekeriki, Pure and intheweeds
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021

I read about her life and jump. She seemed happy singing with her dad and had things going for her.
Why would a 14 yr old ctb???
I befriended online a 13 year old last fall who was very suicidal. His existence sucked- his mom wouldn't let him spend time with his friend and he was very isolated with online school which he wasn't doing, instead his brother would do it. I can't remember all the things going on with him, but I felt bad for him. He stopped posting on Reddit and I think he did it. Kids age 8 have done it. Is this right? No, but it's what happens. It's amazing to me that some people so young/children just say nope and do it.
I'd pay a homeless person more than $20 to watch me jump to my death, they have it bad enough.
I imagine the guards watching the place would probably think about jumping themselves...just standing watching people...low pay...surrounded by wealth in NYC.

I agree, homeless people have it bad, paying them at least 100 would be only fair. No doubt it would stick with them and perhaps their homelessness and the trauma of watching a jump could push them over the edge. I would think it would be very traumatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
I live in NYC and although I passed by the Vessel I never went up it. All I could think about in this instance is his family, especially the mother and sister witnessing that. They said the boy was suicidal in the past. Wonder if he was the one who suggested to go there.

Reactions: Zekeriki, meetapple and Justnyc
N

NeverGoBack94

Apr 23, 2021
Yeah, I've noticed that place.

Good for people who like the jumping method.

Grumpy Bear

Grumpy Bear

People are poison
Jul 21, 2021
Looked it up online. Seems like a cool place. But it looks like they are going to either keep it closed or dismantle it soon.

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I really fucking hate pro-lifers. I hope karma gets them to the point where they regret what they said, and have to live like us, with no ways out. But also have no access to ss just suffer forever. Humans are really disgusting.

Attachments

• C318AC7B-9F06-4B7C-9AFB-F4AE303B2B56.png
    C318AC7B-9F06-4B7C-9AFB-F4AE303B2B56.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D9616A40-34A0-47AF-9409-8345A5D2C2AF.png
    D9616A40-34A0-47AF-9409-8345A5D2C2AF.png
    439 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: OnlyTheWind