• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Barteljaap

Barteljaap

Jan 17, 2021
Ideally I'd like to jump from a 7+ storey building. But I'm not sure if this will be possible. I do know a 4 storey building I could use as a last resort though if I can't get into a higher one. However there are past threads on this site where everyone seems to be in agreement that 4 floors is not enough, that one will just break a lot of bones and ultimately survive.

So I calculated the speed one would hit the ground at jumping from the 4th floor. Assuming 3m per floor and 1m for a railing on the 4th floor, one would be jumping from a height of 10m (probably a conservative estimate). This works out to hitting the ground at 50km/hr. From a google search I found that it takes 1200 pounds = 5400 newtons to completely crush a human skull. If the surface one lands on is reasonably hard the force should easily reach that number. The only hard part is making sure that the head is the first body part to come in contact the ground. But if it does surely death is guaranteed?

Idk maybe I'm being stupid.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie and SadGirl
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Landing perfectly on your head requires a fairly specific angle, which you won't be able to fully control once you jump. Looking at videos, people seem to flip over after they jump. From such a small height the odds are not with you. You need a height that will be lethal even if you don't land squarely on your head.

Reactions: MMB, pringle6066, Wrennie and 1 other person
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
I dream to jump in etretat( france)

Reactions: SadGirl
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
You don't want to end up paralyzed.

Reactions: pringle6066 and Wrennie
B

balancingaqt

Aug 22, 2018
7 stories may not be enough to guarantee death. I know of someone who jumped from 7 and ended up partially paralysed.

Reactions: pringle6066 and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Please, please, don't risk it unless you're absolutely positive that the height is enough to kill you. You don't want to become disabled like I am. I jumped off of a building last year and it wasn't high enough and every day I'm forced to live with the consequences.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Luu, fastFWD, MMB and 3 others
sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
Please, please, don't risk it unless you're absolutely positive that the height is enough to kill you. You don't want to become disabled like I am. I jumped off of a building last year and it wasn't high enough and every day I'm forced to live with the consequences.
I'm also considering jumping - could I ask how high it was and how your life and body/brain have changed since?? I haven't found much on the internet - including SS - about likely deficits if one survives a fall from a height.
(Also did you land on water or solid ground?) Also also i like your profile picture ~

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm also considering jumping - could I ask how high it was and how your life and body/brain have changed since?? I haven't found much on the internet - including SS - about likely deficits if one survives a fall from a height.
(Also did you land on water or solid ground?) Also also i like your profile picture ~
I was really messed up from a drug so I couldn't form proper judgements, which is why in a spur of the moment decision I decided to jump out of my attic window (I live in an atypically tall house... I've never met anyone with a house as tall as mine). I landed on solid ground. It was also in early March so the earth was a lot harder than it would've been had I done it over the summer months.

Most buildings are much taller and would naturally have a higher rate of success, but you 100% don't want to risk it not being high enough. I broke my hip and my back, and although I am blessed enough (if you can even call it that) to still walk, I now have extremely limited range of motion and chronic pain issues.

Oh and thank you! It's a Takeshi Obata drawing lol. He's my favorite artist. :hug:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: picturesofyou, pringle6066 and sweetbraid
sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
I was really messed up from a drug so I couldn't form proper judgements, which is why in a spur of the moment decision I decided to jump out of my attic window (I live in an atypically tall house... I've never met anyone with a house as tall as mine). I landed on solid ground. It was also in early March so the earth was a lot harder than it would've been had I done it over the summer months.

Most buildings are much taller and would naturally have a higher rate of success, but you 100% don't want to risk it not being high enough. I broke my hip and my back, and although I am blessed enough (if you can even call it that) to still walk, I now have extremely limited range of motion and chronic pain issues.

Oh and thank you! It's a Takeshi Obata drawing lol. He's my favorite artist. :hug:
thank you!! i really appreciate you sharing! im sorry you now have to deal with all those things :(( I have brain injury that affects my ability to do a bunch of things - and has given me chronic pain - so I understand, to an extent any way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
thank you!! i really appreciate you sharing! im sorry you now have to deal with all those things :(( I have brain injury that affects my ability to do a bunch of things - and has given me chronic pain - so I understand, to an extent any way.
Ah, it's no problem! And thank you very much. :heart:

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling too. I do hope things get better for you, but I know that life is rarely that forgiving toward us chronic pain sufferers. :mmm:

• Hugs
Reactions: sweetbraid
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
Ideally I'd like to jump from a 7+ storey building. But I'm not sure if this will be possible. I do know a 4 storey building I could use as a last resort though if I can't get into a higher one. However there are past threads on this site where everyone seems to be in agreement that 4 floors is not enough, that one will just break a lot of bones and ultimately survive.

So I calculated the speed one would hit the ground at jumping from the 4th floor. Assuming 3m per floor and 1m for a railing on the 4th floor, one would be jumping from a height of 10m (probably a conservative estimate). This works out to hitting the ground at 50km/hr. From a google search I found that it takes 1200 pounds = 5400 newtons to completely crush a human skull. If the surface one lands on is reasonably hard the force should easily reach that number. The only hard part is making sure that the head is the first body part to come in contact the ground. But if it does surely death is guaranteed?

Idk maybe I'm being stupid.
I was hit by a car going 70mph I was doing 65 on a motorcycle and then ran over by another car on his brakes. Broke 14 bones including several in spine, head injury, no recollection, and I'm typing this. Blunt trauma might not be the best way IMO

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Dumbass, sweetbraid, Defenestration and 2 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I saw a cctv video of a man who jumped off a block of flats in Ukraine or somewhere and there was a children's playground underneath and his head fell off completely, that would be ideal.

Reactions: IWTD and fastFWD
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I was hit by a car going 70mph I was doing 65 on a motorcycle and then ran over by another car on his brakes. Broke 14 bones including several in spine, head injury, no recollection, and I'm typing this. Blunt trauma might not be the best way IMO
Were you hit sideways going in the same direction as the car?

IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
Were you hit sideways going in the same direction as the car?
I was... The impact was left side, majority of injuries were from bouncing, sliding and then the impact from the passing car. I understand where your going with this. But... a thirty foot fall is only about 30mph at impact. I just don't think it's the best option. I work at heights for a living and have seen and know people who have fell 40' and although permanently disabled they are breathing

BigNarkoleptic

BigNarkoleptic

If this isn't the end, what's meant of learning.
Mar 8, 2021
Never been a news story about a beachy head survivor...