• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
I'm considering jumping from height as my ctb method, and the best I can find is a 15-story car park. Would this be sufficient height for success, and how much would that change based on the landing surface?

Also since I've heard about taking anticoagulants before jumping in order to bleed out quicker, how important/effective is this step in ensuring success in ctb?

rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
No, I think there is not a near-guarantee for that height.

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I mean if you can set up a spiky landing area and actually hit it that would make a difference, but probably just see broken bones otherwise.

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
No, I think there is not a near-guarantee for that height.
What would you say is the minimum height for success? Lostallhope has it at 150m for land, is that too low or too high in your opinion?

rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
In fact you can also survive terminal velocity and thus any heigth. It is always a question of probability. For good chances you should aim for 50 m minimum, but some would even say that is too low. It also depends much on your body orientation.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/jumping-megathread.10250/

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
If you do a dive and hit the ground headfirst, it doesn't take that much height.

You just have to attach something to your feet that will certainly create some air resistance.
This ensures that your body position remains correct when falling.
It is not possible to survive a landing directly on your head.

If you jump legs first "just like that" then it may be possible to survive.
Unfortunately, you would then probably never be able to make a second attempt. You don't want that, we all don't want that.

So please make sure it works the first time.

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
If you do a dive and hit the ground headfirst, it doesn't take that much height.

You just have to attach something to your feet that will certainly create some air resistance.
This ensures that your body position remains correct when falling.
It is not possible to survive a landing directly on your head.

If you jump legs first "just like that" then it may be possible to survive.
Unfortunately, you would then probably never be able to make a second attempt. You don't want that, we all don't want that.

So please make sure it works the first time.
Good idea, attaching something to my feet for the air resistance can't hurt.
If I fell backwards (which is how I'm thinking of doing it), would that work?

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Would you like to stand on the edge and slowly fall backwards?

That would mean that your body has an angular momentum that keeps you turning in the air.
You would need to be able to control your movement like a high diver to keep falling headfirst.

Heading forward seems safer to me.

But I have to remind you that I cannot speak from experience. :wink:

Are only theoretical considerations

Reactions: Neville1