W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
I've recently ordered SN which is going to take 3-6 weeks to arrive, that is if it even gets through UK customs. SN is my preferred method but I'm going to remain realistic about my chances of actually obtaining it. So failing that, or if I can no longer wait the 3-6 weeks, then I do have a backup method.

There is a bridge in my city which is about 26m/85ft above a river. It's honestly a really beautiful location, especially at night because there are other smaller bridges that are lit up different colours. I would like to share a photo of the bridge I plan to jump from, but I don't know how wise it is to name it on here. Anyways, I know that the bridge is not really high enough to die from impact and therefore I will more likely die due to drowning. The river has very strong currents, no one swims in there and no one is going in to help you if you're in trouble. So if I jump rather quickly, they won't have time to deploy any boats to pull me out before I drown.

I hear a lot of conflicting opinions about drowning. Some people say it is peaceful and some say it is one of the worst ways to die. After hitting the water from 26m I'm probably going to be in a lot of pain, probably broken bones, right? I wanted to hear other people's opinions on jumping and drowning from this height, whether they think it will be fast enough or a dragged out death? There have been many successful suicides from this bridge, but is it really a good way to go?

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, naiad and bloomingdark
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I wouldn't worry about naming the bridge I doubt police are going to guard it 24/7 because of an internet post.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, TooConscious, TessB and 1 other person
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
Hi, i Hope you can find your way out in the most peaceful way possible,if SN does not arrive and that's your option it's okay, with this method we have no choice to undo or be saved for obvious reasons, so please make sure you really decided to end it all, it's also going to help you with anxiety before doing it, you're talking about a really high bridge most likely your going to be breaking some bones and if the pain is strong you'll be unconscious when you enter the surface of water, if not, we know drowning it's complicated mostly because your lungs are going to be trying to search for air while being full of water what will cause a physical survival instinct, then you'll be unconscious when drowning to a certain point and die, if you're sure this is your way out that's perfectly okay, take care and if you want to talk someday you can send me a message ❤️

I hope you can find peace with any choice you make, lots of hugs

Reactions: _r1a, TooConscious and Whole-Ad
W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
Unfortunately with the UK removing ways to end your life in a more peaceful way, such as SN, we are left with no other options but to chose things like jumping off bridges. I find peace at this particular bridge and would be comfortable with it being my place of death. I don't mind enduring pain for a small amount of time, I just don't want it to be too long. Hopefully I will be unconscious soon after entering the water. As mentioned above, I really shouldn't worry about naming the bridge so here's a photo of it at night. This is the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle.

86073EF1 0846 490B 90D4 0046183FE765

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onthelastday, Makko, Jumper Geo and 5 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Unfortunately with the UK removing ways to end your life in a more peaceful way, such as SN, we are left with no other options but to chose things like jumping off bridges. I find peace at this particular bridge and would be comfortable with it being my place of death. I don't mind enduring pain for a small amount of time, I just don't want it to be too long. Hopefully I will be unconscious soon after entering the water. As mentioned above, I really shouldn't worry about naming the bridge so here's a photo of it at night. This is the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle.

View attachment 66111
Very nice bridge. It's only 4m lower than the Humber bridge which seems to have successful suicides all the time. So many that you are going to have to register as a commuter to be allowed to walk across it after it was closed because of 6 suicides in a month. That one is only 30m above the water.

Reactions: Whole-Ad
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020

View attachment 66111
Looks beautiful xx

W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
Very nice bridge. It's only 4m lower than the Humber bridge which seems to have successful suicides all the time. So many that you are going to have to register as a commuter to be allowed to walk across it after it was closed because of 6 suicides in a month. That one is only 30m above the water.
Wow they really won't let you on there if you're not registered as a commuter? That's pretty crazy. How would they enforce that though?

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I understand wanting to go at a place you find beautiful but I hate reading about people who wanted to leave this hell ending up paralysed and people around them keep them alive on a machine out of some sadistic "hehe look at our power over you after all" I think most deaths from heights that little definetly involve drowning and 'downers' class of drugs.
Please do some serious research search for your bodyweight if you are really considering this.

All the best to you

W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
I understand wanting to go at a place you find beautiful but I hate reading about people who wanted to leave this hell ending up paralysed and people around them keep them alive on a machine out of some sadistic "hehe look at our power over you after all" I think most deaths from heights that little definetly involve drowning and 'downers' class of drugs.
Please do some serious research search for your bodyweight if you are really considering this.

All the best to you

Will definitely be researching a little more. Not too worried about the actual jumping and hitting the water, more just about drowning and how that is going to feel. I'm around 110 pounds and I just hope that I'm unconscious very soon after hitting the water. Being saved after jumping would worry me because of the chance of being kept alive on a machine or even paralysed, but I know with this river there is no chance of that unless I've gave them plenty of time to get boats out. After reading up a bit more about it, I think I will take all of my mirtazapine tablets before I jump, they are supposed to make you drowsy and I still have a whole prescription of them since I never took any when my doctor prescribed them. Might numb my SI a little and make me feel more sedated.

Reactions: TooConscious
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
I certainly don't think it's an optimal method, the lower the bridge the worse it is but overall not too bad. It's one of my backup methods from a bridge maybe 30 mins walk from me. The biggest issue is SI and hesitation. A lot of the bridges that people jump from have people on the look out for 'signs' and likely a few 'good samaritans' keeping an eye out too. I think the risk of being caught by police/paramedics is just something to accept when using this method.

As for pain, it's not something I've done a massive amount of research on but a fall from that height would likely daze or knock you out. Falling into cold water is a shock for the body too, possibly causing an involuntary breath which might speed up the process too. These are all maybe though, research is key

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I really hope you manage to get SN but if you end up jumping, I still wish you the best of luck and lots of peace, pal.

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
26 m is very small height...therefore fall in water.

Be careful !

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

View attachment 66111

There are other ways like wearing a Sunderland shirt in Newcastle on a Saturday night or vice versa,:smiling: nice picture.

Cheers

Geo

• Yay!
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Will definitely be researching a little more. Not too worried about the actual jumping and hitting the water, more just about drowning and how that is going to feel. I'm around 110 pounds and I just hope that I'm unconscious very soon after hitting the water. Being saved after jumping would worry me because of the chance of being kept alive on a machine or even paralysed, but I know with this river there is no chance of that unless I've gave them plenty of time to get boats out. After reading up a bit more about it, I think I will take all of my mirtazapine tablets before I jump, they are supposed to make you drowsy and I still have a whole prescription of them since I never took any when my doctor prescribed them. Might numb my SI a little and make me feel more sedated.
This isn't meant to sound patronising but unfortunately some take it that way when you tell them,not negating everything you say but that's a bad substance to do anything positive in relieving SI for you, its more likely going to make you drowsy to make a mistake end up worse or feel so ill you can't go through with it.
It is a drowsy medication taken as a medicinal dose because it is supposed to help you sleep.
You sound quite desperate like this is a jumped decision. I hope you find someone who can really help you. Good luck.

W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
This isn't meant to sound patronising but unfortunately some take it that way when you tell them,not negating everything you say but that's a bad substance to do anything positive in relieving SI for you, its more likely going to make you drowsy to make a mistake end up worse or feel so ill you can't go through with it.
It is a drowsy medication taken as a medicinal dose because it is supposed to help you sleep.
You sound quite desperate like this is a jumped decision. I hope you find someone who can really help you. Good luck.
Yes doctor prescribed them to me after my first suicide attempt, they are anti depressants but also help you sleep and boost your appetite, both of which I was struggling with and still am. I am pretty desperate at the moment I seriously don't think my SN is going to make it through customs and I'm preparing for the eventuality of having to jump. I still have plenty of time to change my mind though, this is a plan for around 3-6 weeks time which is when my SN is due to arrive, so by then I will know whether customs has seized it or not. I'm just worried that my SI is going to kick in and I'm going to end up taken by the police like my first attempt. I've never taken the mirtazapine before so I have no idea how it will make me feel, maybe you are right.