X

xiiyiiyiiyrix.x

Aug 20, 2023
Hey, hope everybody is doing alright.

I'm currently in Banff for vacation and it looks wonderful. The height from the mountains is great too, and I'm thinking I'll CTB on one of my hikes. Unfortunately I was worried about the forests at the bottom since there seems to be a lot of pine trees. Are these going to break my fall?

I'm closest to Tunnel mountain which I checked out today (didn't jump despite the hike because there were WAY too many trees at the bottom) but I can get to other mountains if anybody knows if there are any more reliable mountains.

Thanks and I wish you all luck <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
My 100% guess is that the trees WILL break your fall. There is the story of Nicholas Alkemade who was a British tail gunner in WW2 who fell 18,000 feet and landed in a pine forest and deep snow in Germany. He did NOT get any broken bones or anything except a sprained knee. The young pines broke his fall. The Germans thought he was a spy until they went to the crash site of the bomber and found his parachute.

I live in the U.S., and I have never been to the Canadian Rockies and would love to someday as the vistas must be incredible.

Enjoy your time there. relax and take a long and deep breath for me and see all the natural wonders around you, my great friend.

Lots of well wishes and caring thoughts always.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori