albert_camus

albert_camus

Absurdist
Jan 8, 2024
Hey, I'm 22 years old, my relationship has just ended, I've been getting more and more nervous, stressed and tense for weeks, I can no longer sleep, eat and drink normally, I have unbelievable fears about my future and existence and I think I won't be able to get my life together or ever be happy. Until recently, I was still interested in and enjoyed my hobbies and my double degree, but now I put myself under so much pressure... I should be finished by now, I'm too slow, I have to get good grades, my English should be better, I should only need a maximum of 2 more years and I should actually be working at least part-time... but all that is hardly possible (for others maybe, but not for me) and then the question arises again whether I will be able to do anything with my degrees, if I would even get that far...
I would have to do at least a Master's degree or then an apprenticeship, but what am I studying for in the latter case? And I'm actually interested in my double degree, at least normally.
I actually wanted to wait until my parents were no longer alive before I committed suicide, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. Of course, they're also suffering from my condition. Besides, I'm a disappointment anyway.
Now my question: Will I die if I jump from 100 meters? The ground would be forest or rock. Does anyone have any tips for an almost certain death?
Thank you

Reactions: GoatHerder
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
If you do go through with it, likelihood that you will suffer severe injuries is there, becoming incapacitated and still surviving is not impossible, which would make the possibility of ending it on your own terms, if you decide so possibly out of reach. Not optimal.

I would encourage you to not make any spur-of-moment decisions if you find that you are particularly disturbed as it may bring upon more harm than good, please investigate thoroughly. Check out the pinned threads or use the search function to get more in-depth advice on particular method.

I hope that you will be able to think more about this with a clear head and I wish you luck with whatever you decide. Sending hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder and albert_camus
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Hey, I'm 22 years old, my relationship has just ended, I've been getting more and more nervous, stressed and tense for weeks, I can no longer sleep, eat and drink normally, I have unbelievable fears about my future and existence and I think I won't be able to get my life together or ever be happy. Until recently, I was still interested in and enjoyed my hobbies and my double degree, but now I put myself under so much pressure... I should be finished by now, I'm too slow, I have to get good grades, my English should be better, I should only need a maximum of 2 more years and I should actually be working at least part-time... but all that is hardly possible (for others maybe, but not for me) and then the question arises again whether I will be able to do anything with my degrees, if I would even get that far...
I would have to do at least a Master's degree or then an apprenticeship, but what am I studying for in the latter case? And I'm actually interested in my double degree, at least normally.
I actually wanted to wait until my parents were no longer alive before I committed suicide, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. Of course, they're also suffering from my condition. Besides, I'm a disappointment anyway.
Now my question: Will I die if I jump from 100 meters? The ground would be forest or rock. Does anyone have any tips for an almost certain death?
Thank you
Since you chose jumping as your method, there's always a chance that you'll end up crippled. If you're set on jumping, combine it with at least another method.

Reactions: albert_camus
albert_camus

albert_camus

Absurdist
Jan 8, 2024
Since you chose jumping as your method, there's always a chance that you'll end up crippled. If you're set on jumping, combine it with at least another method.
Which one though?

L

lasthanglastlaugh

Aug 10, 2024
can you also send me one, thank you

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
can you also send me one, thank you
I discussed with him how to ensure death if he decided to jump. I discussed how drinking drain cleaner and/or cutting the carotid artery before jumping could help ensure death instead of becoming disabled should the jump not kill him.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
That just sounds like a good way to collapse on the rooftop or wherever instead of jumping IMHO

PS most disabled people that I know find the word "crippled" to be extremely offensive and call it out when it's used - and ask allies to do the same.