I

IamSamIam

Oct 18, 2020
I haven't seen a way to do this, so asking for help.

I am planning to ctb tomorrow by jumping off a cliff. I have also decided to OD on Lamotrigine. I have about 6000 miligrams, which I think is enough to kill me. I read a report that someone died from 4 grams. So, I need to know, how and when should I take the drugs. I want to die one way or another.

Should I crush them and drink them? Should I take something to keep me from vomiting? If I take them just before I jump, will I need to even worry about vomiting?

I don't want to be paralyzed, so I figure if I don't die on impact or shortly after, that I would die from the drugs.

Opinions?

Thanks

Reactions: Meditation guide and imacrybaby
I

IamSamIam

Oct 18, 2020
Wow, not one opinion?

I guess my life really doesn't matter to anyone.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Umbreon, x~Sophia~x and Spitfire
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

I am planning to ctb tomorrow by jumping off a cliff. I have also decided to OD on Lamotrigine. I have about 6000 miligrams, which I think is enough to kill me. I read a report that someone died from 4 grams. So, I need to know, how and when should I take the drugs. I want to die one way or another.

Should I crush them and drink them? Should I take something to keep me from vomiting? If I take them just before I jump, will I need to even worry about vomiting?

I don't want to be paralyzed, so I figure if I don't die on impact or shortly after, that I would die from the drugs.

Opinions?

Thanks

The are lot's of threads and messages on OD, the trick is to keep it in so you don't vomit, so a AE is recommended, I would prefer to dissolve any tablets in water first, I'm sorry I did laugh when I saw your message so I am sorry I hope you can find a way to stay around and be happy on SS for a while so you can consider your options.

Best wishes

Geo

• Hugs
Reactions: Mm80
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020

I read a report that someone died from 4 grams. So, I need to know, how and when should I take the drugs.

I think the guy in that report died of aspiration pneumonitis (chemical pneumonitis) and secondary pneumonia, as well as rhabdomyolysis, multiorgan failure, and DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation)? This was one I just read about... His heart rythm was abnormal.

He coded several times and was revived. It took awhile, but seizing was a big part of it when it first began, and he recieved IV diazepam a few times to help with that.

The doctors and family decided to remove the life support measures in the end, and then he died.

Is that the same report you read?

I

IamSamIam

Oct 18, 2020
Why laugh? I didn't realize that other's pains are funny.

and yes @Spitfire

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
and yes @Spitfire

Seizing like that does tend to cause an abrupt loss of consciousness.

I believe he was intubated due to decreased level of consciousness, after the second seizure.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
In my experience its a really sucky way to combine methods. I tried many times and most of the time I would pass out or get sick before I managed to get past the railing.
And the one time I managed to, the drugs kicked in too late. When I was already drowning and feeling every bit of it.
Getting drunk is even worse because alcohol relaxes your muscles making it more likely to survive

I think Ill just take a small ammount of narcotics to make myself calmer and that will be all.

I

IamSamIam

Oct 18, 2020
In my experience its a really sucky way to combine methods. I tried many times and most of the time I would pass out or get sick before I managed to get past the railing.
And the one time I managed to, the drugs kicked in too late. When I was already drowning and feeling every bit of it.
Getting drunk is even worse because alcohol relaxes your muscles making it more likely to survive

I think Ill just take a small ammount of narcotics to make myself calmer and that will be all.

Thanks for explaining that, @BridgeJumper1994 . I am obviously still here. I didn't announce my plan to anyone here, but my friend figured it out and pretty much stayed with me. I see my therapist in the morning, and if I am honest with her, I will probably be locked up for the next several days.

• Aww..
Reactions: BridgeJumper
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for explaining that, @BridgeJumper1994 . I am obviously still here. I didn't announce my plan to anyone here, but my friend figured it out and pretty much stayed with me. I see my therapist in the morning, and if I am honest with her, I will probably be locked up for the next several days.

Shit, sorry to hear that :/
Only be honest with her if you really feel they could help you. In my experience, no matter how hard they try to, they dont, their 'help' makes me spiral even worse. So I keep them out of my shit.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
That's the only
I think the guy in that report died of aspiration pneumonitis (chemical pneumonitis) and secondary pneumonia, as well as rhabdomyolysis, multiorgan failure, and DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation)? This was one I just read about... His heart rythm was abnormal.

He coded several times and was revived. It took awhile, but seizing was a big part of it when it first began, and he recieved IV diazepam a few times to help with that.

The doctors and family decided to remove the life support measures in the end, and then he died.

Is that the same report you read?
That's the only one I am finding. OP, you do not want to OD on that. Jumping is the cliff is fairly high should be suitable. How high is it? That OD is a nasty one, you likely won't die, and will end up with profound long term issues. The person who died in that medical journal died a very very brutal death and died from the symptoms basically of the OD.
Why laugh? I didn't realize that other's pains are funny.

and yes @Spitfire
I don't think anyone is laughing at you.

L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
I think lamotrigine is a bad choice of medication for OD. Better off with antihypertensives or something that will really bring down the blood pressure and heart rate. Or maybe insulin? What do you have? Crushing helps with the absorption aspect though.

Reactions: IamSamIam
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
How was ur visit to the therapist buddy ? Hope u doing Better now.

Reactions: goodbyebunny
I

IamSamIam

Oct 18, 2020
How was ur visit to the therapist buddy ? Hope u doing Better now.

Thanks. They didn't lock me up. I just have lots of intensive therapy until I can go to an actual inpatient treatment center. I am still really suicidal, but it is what it is.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

Opinions?

Thanks
I would be afraid of vomiting on the way down.

Reactions: IamSamIam