Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Jumpers I have been doing some research. I have some bad news and some good news. More good than bad. I've been reading studies of jumping survivors. The bad news first. They all report feeling immediate regret when they jump. No big deal as I live with regret everyday. A big question we jumpers have is will it hurt when I hit. The good news is all of the survivors said they did not feel or remember hitting the ground. One person stated it was like falling asleep while watching TV. One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep with no recollection of falling asleep. So, hopefully this eases some of the anxiety about how painful it will be. Seems like it will only be psychologically painful. I wish you all a peaceful journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immensevoid, princexhhn, LittleBlackCat and 3 others
lattebrew

lattebrew

Oct 22, 2023
Jumpers I have been doing some research. I have some bad news and some good news. More good than bad. I've been reading studies of jumping survivors. The bad news first. They all report feeling immediate regret when they jump. No big deal as I live with regret everyday. A big question we jumpers have is will it hurt when I hit. The good news is all of the survivors said they did not feel or remember hitting the ground. One person stated it was like falling asleep while watching TV. One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep with no recollection of falling asleep. So, hopefully this eases some of the anxiety about how painful it will be. Seems like it will only be psychologically painful. I wish you all a peaceful journey.
I wouldn't want to go out by jumping because of my fear of surviving and ruining my body for life. Unless death is guaranteed, I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, myusername890 and WAITING TO DIE
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I really dont think i could ever jump i'm too scarred to live and become parplegic/paralyzed and then i wouldnt have any escape, my life has been a tragic comedy forever and i'm sure it will mock me until the end and wouldnt let me die easily....i just wait the river close to me to be very full and swollen and i will jump into it, the bridge is real small but the water will be so fast that it will easily kill me

• Hugs
Reactions: bridgegirl and WAITING TO DIE
die_young

die_young

Oct 29, 2023
I have heard that if you land on your head first you will instantly die.

Reactions: cadaver rabbit, bridgegirl and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm planning on jumping and know that I'll be suffering from sensory overload when I go over the edge.
I did a few static line parachute jumps in the past and don't remember free falling because the brain can't handle what's happening when you are plummeting to earth before your chute automatically opens at a certain height. This is why you can't get into skydiving straight away, you have to build up your tolerance to free falling.

Reactions: bridgegirl and Lookoutbelow
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I think once I've stopped caring I won't feel regret as I fall.

If I do, well. It's three seconds. I've done the math. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
It feels like there's some selection bias in the regret thing. If I jump, feel relief on the way down that it's going to be over and then survive, I'd probably tell anyone asking these questions to go screw themselves. Where a survivor who regretted it and has seen the light will be perfectly happy to tell people.

Reactions: リンさん, bridgegirl and Lookoutbelow
cadaver rabbit

cadaver rabbit

Oct 30, 2023
Is there a particular height at which survival becomes unlikely? also, is it possible to jump at a certain angle to ensure your head hits the ground first? Since it seems the most important thing is making sure your head hits with sufficient force.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
Is there a particular height at which survival becomes unlikely? also, is it possible to jump at a certain angle to ensure your head hits the ground first? Since it seems the most important thing is making sure your head hits with sufficient force.
The general rule is anything over roughly sixty feet.

Yes, you are going to get a bunch of people flocking to this to tell you PEOPLE HAVE SURVIVED FALLS OF NINE MILLION FEET!!! or tell you that anything less than some extreme height won't kill you.

But like. You go from something like 150' and you're gone, generally. You don't need some seven hundred foot cliff, unless you just really feel that itch. A lot depends on what you land on as well as your landing position and whether or not anything broke your fall on the way down.

Landing on your head isn't guaranteed. You'd probably want to launch head first, and good luck forcing yourself to do that one (ask me how I know..). If you went backwards and pushed off and twisted to make sure you're in alignment for that, you're at least on the right path to hit your head first. Know that you won't really have a head anymore though.

Reactions: cadaver rabbit
cadaver rabbit

cadaver rabbit

Oct 30, 2023
The general rule is anything over roughly sixty feet.

Yes, you are going to get a bunch of people flocking to this to tell you PEOPLE HAVE SURVIVED FALLS OF NINE MILLION FEET!!! or tell you that anything less than some extreme height won't kill you.

But like. You go from something like 150' and you're gone, generally. You don't need some seven hundred foot cliff, unless you just really feel that itch. A lot depends on what you land on as well as your landing position and whether or not anything broke your fall on the way down.

Landing on your head isn't guaranteed. You'd probably want to launch head first, and good luck forcing yourself to do that one (ask me how I know..). If you went backwards and pushed off and twisted to make sure you're in alignment for that, you're at least on the right path to hit your head first. Know that you won't really have a head anymore though.
if my head disintegrates to a bloody mist my appearance will be benefitted lol :)

thanks for the info! i was thinking of jumping off some beach cliffs near me but i think they're all too short probably (i think the tallest is ~50 ft, and the sand probably softens the blow as well). guess i'll keep looking.

• Yay!
Reactions: bridgegirl
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
if my head disintegrates to a bloody mist my appearance will be benefitted lol :)

thanks for the info! i was thinking of jumping off some beach cliffs near me but i think they're all too short probably (i think the tallest is ~50 ft, and the sand probably softens the blow as well). guess i'll keep looking.
I should not laugh at that first part, but I am deep deep deep into my dark humor mode these days and that cracked me up (no pun intended but I'll take it).

Yeah, I would pass on that, unless you just really are tired of your legs!

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I have heard that if you land on your head first you will instantly die.
Pretty difficult to do. Your body will most likely try to orient itself by swimming in the air. Anything beyond a certain height (whatever that might be for you) doesn't matter how you land. There are always survival stories. They are the exception.
I've stood at my jump site a few times. When I'm looking down I do not question that I will hit with enough force. If you find the right spot there will be no question if it is high enough. It is all chance. I do not know the height of my jump, but when I'm there I know it's high enough for me. No need to worry about landing on my head.
I should not laugh at that first part, but I am deep deep deep into my dark humor mode these days and that cracked me up (no pun intended but I'll take it).

Yeah, I would pass on that, unless you just really are tired of your legs!
Just wanted to say hey and looks like we are getting quite the little group of jumpers here. Maybe one day we will rival SN.

Last edited: