dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
This is a weird fucking question I know. Pardon me for that (I'm not the most articulate person on the planet). I'm still weighing my options for ctb and jumping, although not particularly peaceful, seems like a viable option...if I did it in the woods off a cliff, it could look like an accident for one. If I'm up high enough, it's an almost guaranteed instant-death. But I was wondering if any of you feel as if you're predisposed to jumping. Are you just not afraid of heights? Or are some of you just trying to push through/do what you can to get over this fear? If I were to jump, I'd have to do my best do quell my fears because I am absolutely terrified of heights.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
As a jumper, I have to say it: this title made me laugh out loud, for real. Thank you!

To answer the question: made, not born. I hate heights and this never would have been what I chose. The answer why I did is pretty long and weird and convoluted, but basically I got fixated on this idea/location and it has become my perfect method.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, dizzdesi, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I'm terrified of heights too. If I jump, it'll be because I couldn't see any better option. I'd be scared of suffering at the end and scared that I'd get to the edge and not be able to overcome it, even wanting so badly to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: dizzdesi and WAITING TO DIE
R

realname

May 8, 2023
lol will let you know when it actually happens , not afraid of heights but haven't been in the setting yet, looking over the edge with all the survival instinct and such.. so its hard to officially say

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm choosing jumping because it's quick and guaranteed if done from a high enough elevation.
I also can't back out once I go over the edge.
I'm not keen on heights even though I've done a couple of parachute jumps in the past just for the hell of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: dizzdesi
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Made. I always thought I would shoot myself. But like they say in real estate location, location, location. So, now I'm a jumper. It is just too accessible. Like others, I became fixated on a location. Now that location has changed but the method remains the same.

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
As a jumper, I have to say it: this title made me laugh out loud, for real. Thank you!

To answer the question: made, not born. I hate heights and this never would have been what I chose. The answer why I did is pretty long and weird and convoluted, but basically I got fixated on this idea/location and it has become my perfect method.
What method would you have chosen originally ?
I would love to have died a peaceful death with Nembutal.

Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I might not really understand why anyone would want a jump over a nice peaceful N death, but I love that people can be such a wildly varied thing.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
What method would you have chosen originally ?
I would love to have died a peaceful death with Nembutal.
100% pills and a nap.

But, I know that's dicey to pull off as well (two failed attempts when I was younger).

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
fiftyfiftyclown

fiftyfiftyclown

Jun 30, 2023
I might not really understand why anyone would want a jump over a nice peaceful N death, but I love that people can be such a wildly varied thing.
I don't think anyone prefers jumping (or any method, really) over a peaceful N death...obtaining N is just nowhere as convenient

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and dizzdesi
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I have these beautiful bridges immersed in thr nature who are 492 feet tall, they are used for bungee jumping, i would do the same but withouth rope eheh, the problem is that there is no concrete under but grass and gravel...i've been too unlucky in life, no doubt i wouldn't due but instead reaming paralyzed

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and dizzdesi
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023

I'm glad I could make you laugh!! đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚ That's interesting, you're definitely pretty courageous to try and tackle that despite your hatred of heights. Jumping fascinates me. Its so…well…scary lol.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
I'm glad I could make you laugh!! đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚ That's interesting, you're definitely pretty courageous to try and tackle that despite your hatred of heights. Jumping fascinates me. Its so…well…scary lol.
Heh, I dunno, I sure don't feel courageous (and SI thwarted me as recently as a month ago), although wanting to jump from a monstrously tall bridge does get me a lot of similar comments (my favorite was also from someone on here, but I am sadly not a "badass" either).

I used to have an ex who'd tell me his dearest wish was to find a building downtown and "fly," and I thought he was daft. Come to think of it, he could have been a born jumper, haha. He never did it though.

• Love
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
I think made. I would much prefer a gun. One thing that attracts me about jumping is that the only thing you need to do is lean forward and fall. It can't be hard right? Even if you're paralyzed by fear you can do that impulsively. And once you do that, you can't go back and it will all be over in a few seconds. The hard part is getting where I need to go. Obviously with a gun it would be even easier, you just have to move your finger, and it's all over in an instant, but sadly I can't get one here.

• Love
Reactions: AncientSorrow and dizzdesi
M

meilox

Jun 10, 2023
Many people are saying made, but for me, it's born. I have always loved heights and I feel at peace most when I am up high. I was to go where I feel the most at peace.

achb

achb

I am Clive
Oct 23, 2023
Born. I'm terrified of heights (it's something most everyone who knows me is aware of), but at the same time, I always want to jump. There is never a time where I am up on a height that I do not feel the urge to throw myself off of it. Could I do it? Not sure.

Heights are terrifying. So terrifying that they are my most common nightmare fuel. But I also always kill myself by jumping in my dreams (only other time was when I shot myself in my dream- another viable option).

I may be scared, but I think jumping ultimately would be so relieving of the many many urges to jump off of heights that I've suppressed over the years. Something about heights just gives me the call of the void.

dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
Something about heights just gives me the call of the void.
Oh yes I've heard of that—l'appel du vide. It's shockingly common. I have that too, but I just thought it was suicidal ideation đŸ˜‚ interesting how you're afraid of heights despite your dedication to jumping. This is pretty personal so please don't feel pressured to tell me, but do you feel like you were born to ctb? As in, do you feel like you were destined to commit suicide? I had the same urges as you all my life, and I feel like suicide is the only option for me

achb

achb

I am Clive
Oct 23, 2023
Oh yes I've heard of that—l'appel du vide. It's shockingly common. I have that too, but I just thought it was suicidal ideation đŸ˜‚ interesting how you're afraid of heights despite your dedication to jumping. This is pretty personal so please don't feel pressured to tell me, but do you feel like you were born to ctb? As in, do you feel like you were destined to commit suicide? I had the same urges as you all my life, and I feel like suicide is the only option for me
Personally, I don't really think I was destined to do anything. I don't believe in destiny. I think there's a probability I get hit by a car tomorrow and never ctb. That'd be fine with me. Ctb isn't any more preferable to me than any other method of death as long as it would happen sooner rather than later.

But I do think jumping to death would be nice. I dream about it often enough that it's my ideal form of ctb. There's a rush of adrenaline and satisfaction in my dreams that comes from overcoming my fear. Ofc, in my dreams I never have to experience the pain of actually dying though, so it's not going to be as pleasant an experience as that.

• Hugs
Lifeis_Jouissance70

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Come, sweet death
Oct 25, 2023
Made, Im still researching a whole bunch, thought of hanging and sn, but jumping just felt like the best thing if I just wanted to get over and done with, know a 50ft high cliff that land on rocks. The complications of jumping is also annoying, if I land on anywhere but my head it would be the worst. My only fear.. Surviving a fall, surviving in general would just be worse than death.

• Hugs
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I find it super funny that jumpers have their own little subculture here, with some of you having very fitting names and profile pictures. Funny as a joke about a method can be anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and OreosAndDeath