• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
The highest place I can get to is an observation platform stated to be some 135 feet off the ground. This is only about 40 meters, which is lower than I've seen recommended in here. I would probably have a moment or two's issue with survival instinct, but this is my last choice and if it's gotten that bad for me I can probably overcome it.

How do I make sure this works, if I get reduced to using this method? Is there a special way to land on your head, and are there ways one absolutely should NOT land?

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
KOE, I guess the first question is if jumping from 135 feet would produce enough of an impact to kill you or at least knock you out long enough when you hit the water to drown.

The only thing I can think of - goofy as it may sound - is if you could weigh yourself down somehow prior to jumping. From 135 feet that would likely drive you deep enough into the water and keep you there to greatly increase the likelihood of drowning.

Last edited:
KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
@pane, it's not actually far enough over the water, sorry. I should have clarified that. It's a drop straight down to the pavement, some 10 feet from the water.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
In reality, people have died from jumping off bridges way smaller than the Golden Gate
Although I wouldnt risk 135 feet into deep water, but I have a bridge nearby thats a similar height over land and I think this would stand a pretty decent chance

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
So you think 135ft onto solid ground would do it? I'd try to land head/neck first of course. And this is my last resort method; I'm going to try with tert-amyl alcohol and some helpers first.

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
So you think 135ft onto solid ground would do it? I'd try to land head/neck first of course. And this is my last resort method; I'm going to try with tert-amyl alcohol and some helpers first.

KOE, I'm pretty certain that jumping from 135 feet onto solid pavement will kill you. The question - as remote as it may be is - will it kill you INSTANTLY? In all probability it would but then...you can never be totally sure about these things.

You may survive the impact and be conscious, if only for a few moments,. Also you mentioned above that your landing spot is 10 feet from water. What if you overshoot the landing area and wind up in the water? Can you be sure that would kill you? Or what if you somehow land partially on pavement and partially in the water and wind up breaking your neck or spine and again - however unlikely - remain conscious for a brief period of time instead of dying instantly?

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
No way would I end up in water. Taking a dive off that tower would place me at most 5 feet away. The key is how to make sure I end up landing on my head/neck, as i've never been a diver and am not sure how to orient my body properly.