A clown šŸ¤”
Jan 2, 2023
I am afraid to share some things here, i have done it before with other people irl and simply received judgment, invalidation and minimization of my problems.

Those i shared not even questioned about things like a person's limits of verbalization, i have noticed that sometimes because of those limits of verbalization someone's problems could be seen at first glance as if they were 'silly', 'simple' or even as 'excuses'.

They just assume a lot of things based on incomplete information and don't take the time to analyze in detail and ask themselves things like:

Is he/she really communicating the whole problem?

Is it truly a simple problem?

Why do i consider it a 'simple' problem?

How much am i not seeing?

Is the perspective i have of his/her problem actually 'correct'?

Am i seeing the problem through biases, prejudices, logical fallacies? Where are the biases, prejudices, logical fallacies in my thought process?

Is it right to judge someone based on incomplete information?

Is he/she confident enough to share his/her problems in detail with me?

Why doesn't he/she trust me?

Am i doing something that makes it less likely that he/she will share the information with me?

Am i communicating sensitively enough?

Is there something in his/her past that makes it difficult for him/her to trust me?

Does he/she really want to be here?

Why doesn't he/she want to be here?

Does he/she actually need any other type of help?

Does this truly help him/her in his/her current situation?

And more.

Although it's understandable that they do not do that considering that the mental health system is almost like an industry, they have to see many patients in a short time. That's how it is in my country at least. Also that they and the people on this forum also have pressure from certain things in their lives and probably more things that consequently diminishes their willingness to know about someone else's life in detail.

I clarify that i don't like to look for culprits, because i think that the behavior, actions, achievements of someone are due as a result of a combination of many variables, so seeing something as solely '100% own merit' or '100% someone's fault' seems absurd to me.

I would appreciate it if someone could answer with something, even if it's just another question that could be 'useful' to 'analyze' 'someone's situation'.

Last edited:
Reactions: edu0z and Forever Sleep