H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

New to the site. I've got a mood disorder which I was prescribed medication for. The medication works really well and when I take it things improve. Recently however I had forgotten to order my meds which meant I went about 5 days without medication.

After the first two days I started hearing voices again. There's one voice that really stands out whilst the rest are chattering quietly in the background. It keeps telling me not to take the medication and it gets angry when I think about taking it saying things like:

"You don't need it"
"It's poison"
"They're watching you"
"Don't trust anyone"
"You don't need help."

Tonight I heard something walking around my home. Every 30 minutes there's a thump on the floor like someone stamping there foot or heavy footsteps walking around. Sometimes I feel hands around my kneck like it's trying to strangle me. It's a medium pressure which I can push off. This thing has followed me around for years. It doesn't matter where I go it's like my shadow. It's like something is always watching me.

I put tape over all the lenses on my fire alarms because I'm sure there are cameras in them. They're the first thing I look for when I move to a new place. I'm currently depressed and when I'm depressed I experience all of the above along with suicidal ideation. The voices encourage it. I sleep in the day because I don't like hearing people outside. I know people have been looking into my home because I've heard them outside. Last week there were three guys trying to look in. I couldn't see them but I heard them and I've since covered all the windows so people can't see in.

Sometimes I sit in one spot all night in the dark waiting for it all to stop. I just want peace and quiet and to be left alone. I should take the medication but I hate relying on it and I'm sure they're putting something in it. I'm convinced that the world's water supply is being slowly poisoned. I boil and reboil my water to try to make sure it's as clean as possible. I want to contact the water companies to say something but it will bring unwanted attention to my door.

I used to have a kind psychiatrist but i don't know if I would trust him right now. I see people's faces change from friendly to an evil grin. I tell my friends and family that I'm fine because they can't help me. I feel guilty for feeling suicidal but if I tell them I will have to spend hours reassuring them that I won't act on it. I want it all to be over but I don't have the guts to go through with it. The voices want that. "Just do it!"

I don't know what to do. I don't want to call for help because I'm worried they'll lock me away. I was sectioned once before but I didn't like being caged. Fortunately I was hypomanic and they let me go and decided to meet me outside of that place. I never want to go back there. I know I can cure my illness without medication I'm not going to rely on it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
WELCOME FRIEND! It is so nice to have you as a new member of our global family! We all love, look out, help, and we are all together. All of us are 100% the same, we all bring something new and fresh to the table of life! Having had 2 suicide attempts in my life, for me, I have found that celexa does some good for me. NOW, with that said, we are all different as far as how our bodies and minds react and/or work with a drug. I am so glad to have you as a new family member here and I hope you find the proper help, be it a psychiatrist or drug or different types/ways of meditation or whatever helps to make you better. Since I have been on this site I have found my home here and love all the members here, I am 100% alone and I would be very sad to not be able to count you as a family member here. Please take care of yourself!! Again WELCOME and so glad to have you here!!

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hi there
I know I can cure my illness without medication I'm not going to rely on it.
How do you think you will do that?
The 'thing that has followed you around for years', what do you think it is? Do you think it's real or a product of your mind?

Reactions: Sensei
H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
WELCOME FRIEND! It is so nice to have you as a new member of our global family! We all love, look out, help, and we are all together. All of us are 100% the same, we all bring something new and fresh to the table of life! Having had 2 suicide attempts in my life, for me, I have found that celexa does some good for me. NOW, with that said, we are all different as far as how our bodies and minds react and/or work with a drug. I am so glad to have you as a new family member here and I hope you find the proper help, be it a psychiatrist or drug or different types/ways of meditation or whatever helps to make you better. Since I have been on this site I have found my home here and love all the members here, I am 100% alone and I would be very sad to not be able to count you as a family member here. Please take care of yourself!! Again WELCOME and so glad to have you here!!

Hi,
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear you've had two suicide attempts I've been there before as well. I'm glad that celexa helps you I've never tried it. The doctor's won't prescribe me antidepressants as they make me manic.i hope I can become a part of the family as well. Nice to meet you
Hi there

How do you think you will do that?
The 'thing that has followed you around for years', what do you think it is? Do you think it's real or a product of your mind?

I don't know but I will find a way.

The thing is definitely real I've seen it and I've felt it. Sometimes it talks in a creepy alluring voice trying to get me to go closer to it. I don't know if it's a demon or a spirit but it doesn't look friendly and doesn't look like a person.

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Could you describe what it looks like? It's okay if you'd rather not.

Did it go away when you were on the medication?

It's difficult to explain. It has a long slender body almost stick thin and shadow like and it's face is a really unusual shape kind of elongated. It has a creepy smile as well almost like the entities in the movie insidious but its features are a deep red colour.

Yes it goes away when I take medication

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for trying to describe it. It doesn't sound too pleasant.

I personally think that there is a lot more to reality that what we can normally perceive. More worlds and beings.

How often will you be doing journal entries?

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for trying to describe it. It doesn't sound too pleasant.

I personally think that there is a lot more to reality that what we can normally perceive. More worlds and beings.

How often will you be doing journal entries?

It's creepy kind of like living in a horror movie sometimes.

Yes I agree there are lots of unexplained things.

I'll probably journal quite regularly I'm not sure yet. I haven't slept for days so I might end up crashing at some point

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's creepy kind of like living in a horror movie sometimes.
Where is it when you see it? Is it far away? Does it move much?
What do you do when you see it?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Tell me to stop if you want.

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Sometimes it's near my bed. Other times it's a shadow that moves across the wall. Other times I can feel it touching me and grabbing my throat. I think it's responsible for one of the voices in my head.

It'ss okay ask away I don't normally talk to anyone about it.

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Where is it when you see it? Is it far away? Does it move much?
What do you do when you see it?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Tell me to stop if you want.

I try to ignore it but it's there whether I want it to be or not. Sometimes I can't ignore it and I have to move away from it

• Aww..
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
What do the psychiatrists say about the voices/spirit?
Do they have an explanation for it?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
OP, welcome to Sanctioned Suicide. I need to be honest with you. It's not rational to think that there are cameras in fire alarms or that the world's water supply is being poisoned. I think you've been prescribed your medicines for a good reason, and if you don't want to take them, you should at least discuss it with your psychiatrist. Just my two cents.

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
What do the psychiatrists say about the voices/spirit?
Do they have an explanation for it?

They didn't say much I don't think there's much they can say about i. I think they just put it down as a part of my illness.
OP, welcome to Sanctioned Suicide. I need to be honest with you. It's not rational to think that there are cameras in fire alarms or that the world's water supply is being poisoned. I think you've been prescribed your medicines for a good reason, and if you don't want to take them, you should at least discuss it with your psychiatrist. Just my two cents.

Thank you for the honesty

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Welcome. I'm really sorry you were sectioned that's a human rights abuse regardless of who has the "correct" ideas, no one has the right to force their idea of "right thinking" onto someone like that.

It's mostly the profit motive poisoning the water in places as far as I can tell - Nestle ruined Flint's water supply, uranium mining did it in the Southwest, Appalachia became largely a sacrifice zone for coal mining companies and people have to port in bottled water there.

But if your local supply isn't known for anything like that, and you can quickly and cheaply test for lead and there's none, a basic brita filter can probably take care of most other things.

H

hopeforthefuture

Aug 26, 2020
Welcome. I'm really sorry you were sectioned that's a human rights abuse regardless of who has the "correct" ideas, no one has the right to force their idea of "right thinking" onto someone like that.

It's mostly the profit motive poisoning the water in places as far as I can tell - Nestle ruined Flint's water supply, uranium mining did it in the Southwest, Appalachia became largely a sacrifice zone for coal mining companies and people have to port in bottled water there.

But if your local supply isn't known for anything like that, and you can quickly and cheaply test for lead and there's none, a basic brita filter can probably take care of most other things.

Hi there,

Thank you although looking back on it, it was justified for my own safety. They didn't keep me in there for long which I was glad of. It's not somewhere that I'd want to go back to.

Yes I should really do a test which I'm planning to do some point soon.