Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
So I watched the Joker movie 3days ago and this quote really caught my interest. I wanted to see the movie in the cinema but I had no one to go with and it felt weird to go alone.
What do you think about this quote?

"The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you dont."

This is excatly how I feel when I talk to people that are without any mental issues or stuff like that. They just don't understand and they don't care about how bad can you feel. And even worse they expect you to behave like you are okay even though you are hurting inside so much.

Reactions: Meena, Harasaki, Woodnote and 4 others
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
No they don't expect you to, but deep within they want you to. And if you don't after a while... bye bye I'll see you.

Reactions: Meena, Woodnote and SylvaanBanaan
SylvaanBanaan

SylvaanBanaan

Jun 19, 2019
Yep, pretty spot on.

I started to become a little more honest to my friends about what im struggling with and the way i look at things, and it's definitely made them more distant unfortunately. At the same time i kind of get it but yeah it really sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Because people don't understand what they can't see or haven't experienced. There is so much judgement and stigma around mental health that's why it's expected for you to behave as if you don't.

Reactions: Meena and Woodnote