ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I'm ashamed. I've been isolated for most of my life, and getting a job is difficult. I've completed two training programs: one scarred me for life from all the failure and embarrassment, (CNA) and the other was useless in the long run, because without experience it's impossible to get a job. Even in these times, they only want phlebotomists with 6+ months of experience, and I have literally zero work experience in general. It doesn't help that I moved to a significantly smaller city, so the job opportunities are even less. I'd also bomb any interview because I'm so meek and quiet.

Last December, I got a holiday help job at a department store; I'm ashamed that I quit within a week. There was no interview, they didn't even make me run the cash register due to perceived anxiety, and were accommodating as possible with all my schedule changes because I couldn't handle it. I worked one eight-hour day, and three five hour days. But I was crying every single day and dreading it all majorly. I broke down in the bathroom the last day. The time just crawled and I feel so bad because it was the easiest job in the world—sorting and folding clothes. I couldn't even handle five hours of that every day. (Tbf it was mind numbing) The shame broke me so bad.

I could possibly get rehired at the location closest to me as a "former employee", but I'm already struggling with my two college classes. It kills me, because I need the job experience. I have nothing to put on a resume, and no money coming in. The more I avoid responsibility, the more I rot. I don't even have a driver's license.

I can't handle a job, but I feel trapped and like my future's going to be difficult if I don't get one eventually. If I ever make it to the nursing portion, I won't be able to have one because it's full time. I'm just frustrated because even in my endless free time I don't do anything. Leisure or productive. I try to finish my homework, but after that I just lie in bed and want to do things, think about doing them, but don't. Sorry about my pity party. Thanks for reading.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Dead Meat, D&D and 12 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I'm ashamed. I've been isolated for most of my life, and getting a job is difficult. I've completed two training programs: one scarred me for life from all the failure and embarrassment, (CNA) and the other was useless in the long run, because without experience it's impossible to get a job. Even in these times, they only want phlebotomists with 6+ months of experience, and I have literally zero work experience in general. It doesn't help that I moved to a significantly smaller city, so the job opportunities are even less. I'd also bomb any interview because I'm so meek and quiet.

Last December, I got a holiday help job at a department store; I'm ashamed that I quit within a week. There was no interview, they didn't even make me run the cash register due to perceived anxiety, and were accommodating as possible with all my schedule changes because I couldn't handle it. I worked one eight-hour day, and three five hour days. But I was crying every single day and dreading it all majorly. I broke down in the bathroom the last day. The time just crawled and I feel so bad because it was the easiest job in the world—sorting and folding clothes. I couldn't even handle five hours of that every day. (Tbf it was mind numbing) The shame broke me so bad.

I could possibly get rehired at the location closest to me as a "former employee", but I'm already struggling with my two college classes. It kills me, because I need the job experience. I have nothing to put on a resume, and no money coming in. The more I avoid responsibility, the more I rot. I don't even have a driver's license.

I can't handle a job, but I feel trapped and like my future's going to be difficult if I don't get one eventually. If I ever make it to the nursing portion, I won't be able to have one because it's full time. I'm just frustrated because even in my endless free time I don't do anything. Leisure or productive. I try to finish my homework, but after that I just lie in bed and want to do things, think about doing them, but don't. Sorry about my pity party. Thanks for reading.
Nt sre whch cntry u r in bt whre am livng thre r jbs availbl as hlth-cre assistns - levl belw nrse & u cn regstr fr 'bnk' wrk whch mns u only tke shfts whn u wnt thm

Mght b wrth lookng in2

If strggle 2 undrstnd wht hve type perhps sm1 cn trnsl8

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Dead Meat, LastFlowers and 1 other person
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Nt sre whch cntry u r in bt whre am livng thre r jbs availbl as hlth-cre assistns - levl belw nrse & u cn regstr fr 'bnk' wrk whch mns u only tke shfts whn u wnt thm

Mght b wrth lookng in2

Thank you for the suggestion. I can understand it, no worries. :) I'm in the US. Indeed, I've come across something similar—per diem work, but only for nurse aide, which I don't believe I can handle. I'm also not certified and am unable to pass the skills test, so only the most desperate nursing home would hire me. Unfortunately, phlebotomy jobs are hard to come by in general.

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

Mght b wrth lookng in2

"Not sure what country you're in, but where I am living there are jobs available as healthcare assistants -level below nurse & you can register for 'bank' (?) work which means you only take shifts when you want them.

Might be worth looking into

If [you] struggle to understand what I have typed perhaps someone can translate"

Incase anyone needs it^
Though it looks like OP understood you just fine Dot!

(Not sure why half of it was in italics at first on my end lol)

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
"Not sure what country you're in, but where I am living there are jobs available as healthcare assistants -level below nurse & you can register for 'bank' (?) work which means you only take shifts when you want them.

Might be worth looking into

If [you] struggle to understand what I have typed perhaps someone can translate"

Incase anyone needs it^
Though it looks like OP understood you just fine Dot!
Apprci8
Vry knd

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, LastFlowers and ColorlessTrees
Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

A pointless life had in a pointless world
Mar 11, 2019
Change of career path maybe? Could you switch to chemistry/lab work?

Something more isolated seems better suited

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are going through this. This life can be very stressful and exhausting. I can imagine it must be very tiring being in that situation. I know that it can be hard to carry on when you are struggling. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Love
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
You know it's funny. Not your situation,far from it. Companies are complaining they can't find workers, but yet lots of people are applying and showing interest in working, but then H.R. or the manager sees you have little to no experience thus they won't call back Almost like they want someone with a bachelors degree to work at a entry level job! Ridiculous! Hiring managers need to give people a chance and they could surprised of how good a person is if hiring them. Beggars can't be choosers,but my god do they ever in this day and age. Sadly, I am on disability because I can't handle stress at all. I shut down each and everytime it rears it's head. would get anxiety attacks and panic attacks from it. lose sleep due to the stress and dread. Hope you can find and do something thats remotely enjoyable. Good luck to you.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The first step to destroying employers is ending the college scam. Once the college scam is over life will be easier.

Of course to be an MD or RN you need a degree. But too many jobs require the $cam credential when it isn't needed .