Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a good job for someone who suffers from pretty bad anxiety. I am someone who gets overwhelmed very easily. I get overly anxious and collapse easily and mentally. I have worked before though it never lasted longer than about 2 weeks. I want to get myself out the house and occupied once I get into university for September. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

• Hugs
Reactions: iamalreadydead, allesistgut, Ashu and 4 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
It's not a job per say, but i've managed to do a bit of volunteering at a few places and it's been fine anxiety wise. Not great if you need money, but pretty good for kindaj ust doing stuff outside purposes

Reactions: newave3 and Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
It's not a job per say, but i've managed to do a bit of volunteering at a few places and it's been fine anxiety wise. Not great if you need money, but pretty good for kindaj ust doing stuff outside purposes
I have done some volunteer before. Though I am wanting to make money. Trying to apply to a job everyday and see what comes out of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, onlyanimalsaregood and Bootleg Astolfo
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It doesn't really seem like anything fits except if you can start your own business through some talent you have but even that's no guarantee of avoiding potential anxiety especially depending on what kind of work you do. I don't have any official diagnosis but I often have to worry about this too when realizing no job really fits me.

Reactions: newave3 and demuic
ilikepink

ilikepink

Apr 13, 2022
i personally had the best experience doing commercial cleaning at night. i know not all companies are the same but generally i only had to clean when businesses/offices were closed and i was alone. all you have to remember is your keys for the building (or a pin code) and your cleaning supplies, but usually they had their own stocked. rarely had to speak to anyone unless i made a mistake or forgot something, but at most that would be a text or note. my anxiety was a lot more manageable than when i worked in an office-type setting where i talked to people all day. they'll also hire pretty much anyone from my experience. i miss that job sometimes.

edit: worth noting that a lot of these jobs are part time so if you're one to get overwhelmed, that could help. part time was a lot better for my mental health.

Reactions: CrossroadsCurious, Ashu, newave3 and 2 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Working in pet care and walk with them. Doing gardening or working in a garden store.

Reactions: CrossroadsCurious, Ashu and newave3
Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I have severe anxiety and jobs where you're left to yourself always work out for me such as mowing a lawn by yourself or stocking shelves while the store is closed and nobody is around. Working online is good too.

Reactions: CrossroadsCurious, Ashu, demuic and 1 other person
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Cubicle office job, work from home, trucker

Reactions: Ashu and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Midnight to 8 security guard.

Reactions: Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a good job for someone who suffers from pretty bad anxiety. I am someone who gets overwhelmed very easily. I get overly anxious and collapse easily and mentally. I have worked before though it never lasted longer than about 2 weeks. I want to get myself out the house and occupied once I get into university for September. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
You sound like me, and dishwashing worked for me, but I had the good fortune to be working for decent people who liked me and undestood my limitations.

Reactions: CrossroadsCurious and newave3
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Oh definitely Air Traffic Controller. Join the club. That job is made for you. Ha

CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
Stay away from white collar office/cubical jobs! These are all high stress jobs to avoid at all costs!

Reactions: Manaaja
W

WhiteGown

Dec 21, 2021
Work from home freelance job, and avoid anything work strong targets to meet

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm just saying ATCs are already anxiety ridden and OP would fit in well. Notice my "Ha" after my post.