deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
I've been really trying to get better recently. Part of that is needing to be able to live which requires a job. I've never done an interview and just got my first one today. I don't know how formal or difficult it'll be and have never had any practice and the anxiety is killing me. The only consistent thought I have is that ctb instead of going down this route would've been much easier.... I don't know why I chose this route anymore.... Every time I try to answer questions to practice I freeze up. Completely convinced I'll bomb it and I don't even know if I'll be able to make myself go

• Hugs
Reactions: real human being, peace_van, Bacon and Baseball and 1 other person
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
what kind of job? Sometimes, unless you just completely fall apart, they might be looking for people and are wanting to hire you. Sometimes people just look at someone who they can stand to be around 30-40 hours a week. try to show your personality a bit. Don't worry too much. Again, if they're taking time out to interview you, then clearly they might need someone to join the team. Good luck!

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Job interviews can be hard. You can have everything planned out in your head and still freeze or say something stupid. If that does happen, try not to panic because 1. you don't need a perfect interview to get the job and 2. it's normal to mess up and you will likely get better at it the more interviews you go through. You can look up common questions they ask at interviews online and practice answering them to be better prepared, though it's still very possible that you will run into a question you didn't anticipate. Something you should understand about interviews is that just being confident and the interviewer liking you is more than half the battle. Most importantly just try not to take whatever happens too personally and keep in mind there's always the next one.

Good luck!

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
hey!
okay, so, as someone in a similar situation (I'm extremely suicidal and it very hard for me to find a job), I'll try to give you a couple tips.
first, look up for info of the place you are applying for, its gonna cause a good impression that you have spent time researching about them.
then, have a clear mind about how you want to approach your "experience". since you don't have any, talk about your studies. I'd you don't have a degree or something, emphasize how eager are you to learn.
prepare adjectives about yourself. they will probably ask you how you describe yourself, and it harder that it seems, so prepare it before. maybe some flaws also, just in case. you can adjust them to the position of the job.
try to take deep breaths before to stay calm, be nice, but be yourself! if you are a little bit prepare, you won't freeze, its not an exam, don't worry.

• Hugs
Reactions: zanahori, Blue Elephant and peace_van
heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I've been in this situation as well so I get that. It's very nerve wracking for me to talk to anyone but I really needed a job last year. I couldn't review interview questions since even speaking out loud to myself was already making me nervous. Even with my anxiety I still pushed through my first interview. What matters is just doing the first one, you will have to accept that it will never be perfect in this first interview but you'll learn something from this. I treated the next interviews like this and even went to job interviews that I'm not even applying for, just wanted to practice with an actual interviewer and to try and get used with talking to people. It's good also if you have someone to practice with, I never got to try that since I don't have anyone but a lot of people said it could help. Anyway, this has gotten long but I do wish you the best for your future! Good luck!

peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
Same situation here, my thought is that if I cannot land a job within the next two months I would go ctb.
This thought eases my anxiety a lot.
I still make some preparations, but am not pushing myself to anything.
I can totally accept my failure now.
It is the hell world that don't accept my failure, and I would definitely leave it if I fail.

Don't know if my thought applies to you, but anyway, I wish you a peaceful mind to face whatever comes next.
What really matters is that you feel you are improving through rounds of interviews, but not what the interviewers think about you.

deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
Thanks for the advise... Wish I'd posted sooner and had time to read it. I had a panic attack and didn't go. I've thrown everything away again. It was higher pay than anything else I'd get and the only response I've had outside of rejection in months.

I tried to ctb in a panic and that didn't even work now I'm just in pain...

• Love
Reactions: zanahori