Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
I have been a NEET for 2 years since finishing high school and I have decided to try and turn my life around and give it a shot one more time before doing myself in. The problem is that I live in a small town without any fucking opportunity. Two employers told me they would call me and never did.

Job hunting itself is so humiliating. Writing out a CV and being all "pwease hire me Mr capitalist I am skilled and dependable".

Even though I am a NEET, I have some skills with foreign languages and working with technology but there is no workplace here to hire me for that. Honestly, I wish I was dead and didn't have to go trough all of this. It never gets better. I wish my SI wasn't so strong.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: disillusion, Angst Filled Fuck Up, WonderingSoul and 10 others
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
Are you me? I live in a fairly populated hotspot of a city and still find it humiliating. Just looking on job hunting websites and reading the requirements, it's like I have to be 1. Conviently attractive 2. Socially acceptable personality 3. Physically capable. I have severe agoraphobia, nerve damage and chronic pain from an accident. Trying to lead a happy, healthy and normal life is a struggle. I want nothing more but to look and feel normal but I know I never will and this world will constantly remind me of that. CTB just feels like the only real choice I have left but I'm so terrified of what may greet me in the afterlife, it's so final. I still have material attachments and hobbies that I need a job to fund and afford, it sucks. This world just makes everything 10x harder for no reason.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, OpheliasFlowers, Trannydiary and 6 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I totally get it. You have to shamelessly sell yourself above your station and offer yourself up for judgment which makes you feel like your genuine worth is none existent. They always say they'll call back (after making you jump through all sorts of hoops to get the first correspondence) but rarely ever do.

Have you considered translating in the medical arena? It's work that comes in different forms (some of which can be done from home) and there's always demand due to the revolving door nature of it all. Money is average tbh but it's work. Can come with benefits of meeting various people if that's something that appeals too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Celerity, hungry_ghost and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I have been a NEET for 2 years since finishing high school and I have decided to try and turn my life around and give it a shot one more time before doing myself in. The problem is that I live in a small town without any fucking opportunity. Two employers told me they would call me and never did.

Job hunting itself is so humiliating. Writing out a CV and being all "pwease hire me Mr capitalist I am skilled and dependable".

Even though I am a NEET, I have some skills with foreign languages and working with technology but there is no workplace here to hire me for that. Honestly, I wish I was dead and didn't have to go trough all of this. It never gets better. I wish my SI wasn't so strong.

Are you me? I live in a fairly populated hotspot of a city and still find it humiliating. Just looking on job hunting websites and reading the requirements, it's like I have to be 1. Conviently attractive 2. Socially acceptable personality 3. Physically capable. I have severe agoraphobia, nerve damage and chronic pain from an accident. Trying to lead a happy, healthy and normal life is a struggle. I want nothing more but to look and feel normal but I know I never will and this world will constantly remind me of that. CTB just feels like the only real choice I have left but I'm so terrified of what may greet me in the afterlife, it's so final. I still have material attachments and hobbies that I need a job to fund and afford, it sucks. This world just makes everything 10x harder for no reason.

In order to get a job, you need to have 10 PhDs, 5 000 years of experience in the chosen field, and you must be a maximum of 20 years old :happy:

Why can't you live up to those standards..? :smiling:

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Raskolnikov's Axe and makethepainstop
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
79c.png

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: disillusion, lofticries, WonderingSoul and 10 others
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
In order to get a job, you need to have 10 PhDs, 5 000 years of experience in the chosen field, and you must be a maximum of 20 years old :happy:

Why can't you live up to those standards..? :smiling:
Even when I find jobs on Indeed that're for people with only a highschool diploma it's even more dehumanizing because they make it out like they're doing you a huge favor by having you slave away for them, underpaid. I just got called back by a job that was urgently hiring, but wanted people to commute six hours to work and made it a point that they had a lot of candidates already lined up--yet were still bombarding my phone with messages. They really think people are desperate and stupid enough to fall for it, it's so predatory. And it's usually the ones that do call back right away that're the most toxic and soulsucking.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, CTB Dream, makethepainstop and 1 other person
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
This is probably my future. Although I have a feeling you guys are younger than me.
I am 22, started studying for government positions. However it seems like these are highly competitive, and you need almost perfect score to get the job.
I am basically a neet, but inhaling copium.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, actual_fox, Raskolnikov's Axe and 1 other person
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
This is probably my future. Although I have a feeling you guys are younger than me.
I am 22, started studying for government positions. However it seems like these are highly competitive, and you need almost perfect score to get the job.
I am basically a neet, but inhaling copium.
Funnily enough I'm 23, I don't know if it'll get better. Many people have been experiencing the same thing regardless of their age, it's depressing but hopefully if it happens to enough people it'll someday lead to change. Hopefully.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and makethepainstop
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Funnily enough I'm 23, I don't know if it'll get better. Many people have been experiencing the same thing regardless of their age, it's depressing but hopefully if it happens to enough people it'll someday lead to change. Hopefully.
We should have stayed at the ooga booga age. The Aztecs and the other natives from the new world were right

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and makethepainstop
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
Yeah, the fact is that trying to turn your life around is even more difficult then dying.

I'm an introvert, this would be a godsend.
I totally get it. You have to shamelessly sell yourself above your station and offer yourself up for judgment which makes you feel like your genuine worth is none existent. They always say they'll call back (after making you jump through all sorts of hoops to get the first correspondence) but rarely ever do.

Have you considered translating in the medical arena? It's work that comes in different forms (some of which can be done from home) and there's always demand due to the revolving door nature of it all. Money is average tbh but it's work. Can come with benefits of meeting various people if that's something that appeals too.
I tried to do some freelance but the freelancer market is over saturated with third world freelancers who will do literally anything for like 5$.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, actual_fox, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I can fully relate to that. I am a mess and I cannot lie. I was horrible at my job interviews. I had A LOT of them and when one gave me a chance I collapsed within a very short time. My life wants to humiliate me before I am forced to ctb. Life is not fair. All my energy was in vain.
It was a huge torment for me. So much I rather try to forget it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Alnilam, CTB Dream and Raskolnikov's Axe
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022

You are like me right down to the foreign language part.

What a completely fucking WORTHLESS "skill" that i wasted 5 years of my life doing.

And yes, it is humiliating. I got rejected at places my family works at because I am so skillless, so worthless and frankly. I would never fucking hire myself in a million years so I can't even get mad, just sad.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Raskolnikov's Axe
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's fucking terrible. The entire process is awful. I don't know a single person who likes being interviewed or interviewing.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
What a completely fucking WORTHLESS "skill" that i wasted 5 years of my life doing.

It's a good skill to have, it's just that it's underappreciated in today's society.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
They expect you to prostrate your self before them for a position that doesn't pay enough to live on. Mark my words one day people will get enough. Ever wonder why alcoholism, street drugs, and psychology drugs, are being used in greater numbers around the world. The world's humanity doesn't work like programmable robots. Love to all here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alnilam, OpheliasFlowers, CTB Dream and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Sorry j9b toxic same other human concept behavior, this only jungle one fight one pretend high class,skill only template make money other this life joke money danger people life still keep gatekerp suit cv.

other this have language know can mske money some think online translate edit example if japan know can Manga game text etc

Reactions: Nomad7, OpheliasFlowers and Raskolnikov's Axe
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I hope you find a job, my friend

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Raskolnikov's Axe
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
They expect you to prostrate your self before them for a position that doesn't pay enough to live on. Mark my words one day people will get enough. Ever wonder why alcoholism, street drugs, and psychology drugs, are being used in greater numbers around the world. The world's humanity doesn't work like programmable robots. Love to all here.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Zulu

Zulu

Aug 10, 2022

Even though I am a NEET, I have some skills with foreign languages and working with technology but there is no workplace here to hire me for that. Honestly, I wish I was dead and didn't have to go trough all of this. It never gets better. I wish my SI wasn't so strong
Job hunting is a stressful special kind of hell I wish on no one, but we all go through it at some point. Anyone going through that currently has my deepest sympathies. My cheat code was using a temp agency, then working hard to climb the corporate ladder to turn my temp position into a permanent one. Even then, the temp agency wasn't the easiest thing. First interview was THREE HOURS with the board of directors (7 or 8 people) for a fucking $15 an hour job. And it ended up being a solid no. Next interview was less than 30 minutes with two people, and they were all like, "Great, you're hired. Get to work." It's really a hit or miss sometimes, with a little bit of luck. All told, if you're not sure where to look or what to do, temp agencies can be helpful. I'd apply to two or three of those first, then search for other places while waiting on them.

Wishing you my best. I hope you're able to land a decent position. No matter how bleak or pessimistic things might seem, don't give up, and don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you need days to rest or need to take a mental health day, do so. Nothing wrong with that. I remember when I was job hunting, I was actively suicidal (and unemployed for 11 months nearly homeless), and it was so bloody difficult just to even get out of bed. Some days I couldn't submit a single application, while other days I was able to submit two or three. Regardless, something will turn up eventually. I believe in you.

• Love
Reactions: Raskolnikov's Axe