D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
For people who are working, what is your job description? What do you exactly do day in and day out? Are you afraid of the future prospects due to AI.

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, Praestat_Mori and pole
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I load empty boxes into a cart and make shelves look pretty until the place I work at closes and then I spend the next couple hours continuing to do that while also stocking new products. Surprisingly I don't find this as bad as I would have thought but it unfortunately doesn't pay enough to live independently and I doubt I'd ever consider myself manager material since I see the stress they all go through and don't want any of that. I don't mind that the labor is somewhat physical since even though I hate exercise, at least now I'm getting paid to do it. I'll probably keep this job for as long as I can or until I get sick of it. I only work part time for now but I have done some full time shifts before and if a spot opens I might want to take those more.

I'm not too afraid of AI replacing me because it seems like AI is currently only good at replacing mental tasks and not physical tasks since people are too lazy to mass produce the hardware required while the software can literally write itself now.

Reactions: Redacted24, Praestat_Mori and doneforlife
inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I used to have a top well paid Job which I can't name but now I survive by delivering flexibly for a major online retailer and a local takeaway. I am incapable of ever having a career again due to mental illness

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, carac, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I help the dead. I work in a mortuary in a hospital.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Neverfeltdeader, Redacted24, touhoufan and 3 others
touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
This isn't my lifetime job or anything but I work at a small local petstore! Most of my tasks is often just putting stuff on the shelves and I get about 1 customer an hour.

Reactions: Redacted24
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
I'm a cashier, I mostly stand behind a kiosk and sell cigarettes, alcohol, and lottery tickets. Some of the regulars are nice, and I get told I have a good smile by elderly women. If money wasn't a problem I wouldn't mind being a cashier.

• Love
Reactions: ctvunny
skyburials1984

skyburials1984

Jan 27, 2024
I'm a pretty successful guy with a few cool little businesses, actually. It's still not enough to inspire me to keep living.

• Aww..
Reactions: doneforlife
I

indosoon

Jan 22, 2024
Until last year I used to be the water marker then I started receiving a sickness pension because of bipolarity and depression

Reactions: doneforlife