singularity3

singularity3

Experienced
Apr 2, 2023
Whoever considers the idea of voluntary death, even for a few moments or for pure distraction, will be surprised at society's obstinate interest in the final fate of those who attempt it. It is the same society that has cared very little about its being and its existence. A war breaks out: they will call him up and order him to stand firm in the midst of blood and iron. He has taken away his job after having educated him for him: now he is unemployed, he is paid with alms that he consumes, consuming himself with them. He falls ill: only unfortunately there are so few hospital beds available, precious medicines are in short supply, and the most valuable of all, the single room, is not available to him. Only now, when he wishes to give in to the inclination to death, when he is no longer ready to oppose the ennui of being, when dignity and humanity demand that he conclude the matter fairly and carry out what in any case some day will have to do, disappear, only now society behaves as if he were its most precious asset, surrounds him with horrendous technical paraphernalia and hands him over to the repulsive professional ambition of doctors, who will later credit his "salvation" to their credit professional, like hunters when they cover the shooting distance of the downed animal. They think that they have ripped it from death, and they behave like athletes who have achieved an extraordinary mark. This all seems very unusual to me. I mean: on the one hand, the cold indifference that society shows towards the human being, and on the other, the warm concern for him when he is about to voluntarily leave the society of the living. Does him belong to them?

….......

Reactions: innominesatanas44
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is very true, the reality is that anti suicide people only want to force suicidal people to suffer, they couldn't care less about the quality of the life.

Reactions: conveniently_dead
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I think they see themselves as having finished a good job when they prevent a suicide, unfortunately they are delusional and every time they do it they are only creating suffering. You're right that they would never care about the person's quality of life, and often they will even see the person as deserving suffering. I however don't agree that they show "warm concern" to someone who attempts to ctb, psych wards are horrific places where people are tormented daily. This society does torture suicidal people much worse than others.

• Love
Reactions: leavingsoon99
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
This is very true, the reality is that anti suicide people only want to force suicidal people to suffer, they couldn't care less about the quality of the life.
I don't think that's the case, a lot of people just believe there's always hope because they've seen others heal.
I think they see themselves as having finished a good job when they prevent a suicide, unfortunately they are delusional and every time they do it they are only creating suffering. You're right that they would never care about the person's quality of life, and often they will even see the person as deserving suffering. I however don't agree that they show "warm concern" to someone who attempts to ctb, psych wards are horrific places where people are tormented daily. This society does torture suicidal people much worse than others.
Not all psych wards r bad tho, some r shit and some r great. It just depends. Some shit places could be helpful in some way. Or some that r great were bad for others. It's best to check the reviews and peoples thoughts to a certain location.

Last edited: