• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Does anyone know what method Jarrid Wilson (the young, evangelical pastor from Southern California who focused on mental health) used to commit suicide last month?

Reactions: Qdv
S

SerenitySeeker

Jun 28, 2019
I wondered about that too, haven't seen anything reported in media but for some reason I'm thinking hanging or gun shot. Could be completely off though.

Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
I wonder if keeping how he died out of the public is purposeful so as to not give his congregants who are at risk any ideas?

E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
Most likely. Suicide contagion is a thing and with the way society sees suicide I'd say it's proper journalism to not disclose the method. Unfortunately for us, that means less information, but it's for "the greater good". Also probably for the family, they wouldn't want him remembered as "the guy who jumped" or "the guy who blew his head off". Better to say "took his life" in any case.

Reactions: alexithymia, gingerplum and Qdv
S

SerenitySeeker

Jun 28, 2019
Possibly but I would lean more towards the overall national narrative of keeping the exact means private if at all possible, I would think that if anyone would hear what really happened it would be people in close proximity (congregants) and neighborhood.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah if it isn't said, I usually assume it is the common methods of suicide that are available (there are exceptions though, but usually most people who do it go the most common ways). Gunshot, jumping, hanging, pills come to mind.