futureme

futureme

Mar 19, 2023
why does having gone to jail considered cool these days

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
It is? I can't say I ever thought it was cool...

Reactions: Passersby
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I think some people see it as cool because they think it's badass, edgy, rebellious, or whatnot but in all reality, it's not. Jail is not a good thing nor something to strive for. It's just not worth it imho

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I guess its because people think its edgy or something so they strive to go to jail to boost their very strange ego and probably make themselves more respectable among their friends because they went to jail. I don't even know why it's considered as something cool or whatnot, I'd never want to go to jail.

LoneForest

LoneForest

Remember things can always get worse!!!
Apr 24, 2023
it is ,,,mostly in the hiphop culture
Hip hop culture is a very very small subsection of society. Even in the fandom I do not believe it is considered "cool."
Only in gang culture is jail and drug use viewed as cool, which most of hiphop originates from but has far outgrown.

In the real world talk to 90% of people and if you mention you were in jail they will become immediately suspicious.

It's unfortunate but people who have been to jail face legitimate discrimination in every part of society.
Having any criminal record ruins your ability to do a LOT of things and makes a LOT of things much much harder than they should be.

• Love
Reactions: Reticent Being
futureme

futureme

Mar 19, 2023
im just saying because one of my friends who is a hiphop fan recently spent a night in a police cell and after he got out he straight came and bragged to us how he is gangsta and shit