• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
For all the times I've seen partial or tourniquet. I thought about how you get your blood pressure taken and it mechanically gets tight however it then releases. What could mechanically hold compression in place in a similar fashion. Maybe it's a stupid idea. I don't know.

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
For all the times I've seen partial or tourniquet. I thought about how you get your blood pressure taken and it mechanically gets tight however it then releases. What could mechanically hold compression in place in a similar fashion. Maybe it's a stupid idea. I don't know.
Idon't Think it's stupid at all.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Depends on the sphygmomanometer. Some automatically release, but one can buy cheaper ones that have to be manually released with a pressure valve, like they had back in the old days of the Seventies when I was a kid and we had to walk to the doctor uphill in the snow, barefoot, even in the desert. That's why we were always sick.

A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
maybe some crank that turns and tightens the rope/ligature?

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Depends on the sphygmomanometer. Some automatically release, but one can buy cheaper ones that have to be manually released with a pressure valve, like they had back in the old days of the Seventies when I was a kid and we had to walk to the doctor uphill in the snow, barefoot, even in the desert. That's why we were always sick.
I don't think I have my blood pressure taken by one of the older versions in a while. But if I remember they don't get that tight. But if you guys live where they put then in pharmacies they get pretty tight.
maybe some crank that turns and tightens the rope/ligature?
Like what? I don't know tools well.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't think I have my blood pressure taken by one of the older versions in a while. But if I remember they don't get that tight. But if you guys live where they put then in pharmacies they get pretty tight.

The manual ones can get very tight, especially if it's a mean nurse! :pfff: The ones in the pharmacies are torture devices.

But thinking about tightness on the manual ones, unless one has really buff arms, the neck is thicker, so it's going to get tighter than it would on an arm.

I just googled sphygmomanometer suicide, there are results with reports of successful self-strangulations.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

They do make XL blood pressure cuffs for very obese arms. When used on a manual sphygmomanometer, this could conceivably work around a neck, perhaps. Or attach two normal-sized cuffs together to create a larger cuff, and inflate both at the same time.

Just speculating though.