W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't believe this. I've worked for 10 hours today and yesterday I wanted to ctb and give up on life. Somehow, I managed to survive for one more day.
This is the good part about having bipolar disorder; one day you're in hell but maybe the following one, you just get the strength to do whatever you have to do.

I'm so happy that I'll even go for a walk and perhaps run a bit. This is a miracle.

Hope you've had a nice day and if you didn't, I hope it gets better.

Hugs and love,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WaterHemlock, mineko, Isisnefert and 31 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi Matt!! Fantastic!! I am so happy for you!! I hope you have a great walk/run and a restful sleep tonight. You helped make my day when I get to read wonderful news about a global family member!!! Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, ansiedad, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I'm glad for you Matt. Any accomplishment and joy is to be cherished amidst the darkness. Carry on!

• Love
Reactions: ansiedad, whywere and WornOutLife
justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
So happy you've had a good day Matt :-) this raised a smile where previously there was only sadness :-)

• Love
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
Congrats! That's really long time for work. Maybe the work can help you to get better and feel useful.

• Love
Reactions: ansiedad, whywere, gtrfvr and 1 other person
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
I don't know if what I have is bipolar, because the psychiatric assessment takes for-goddamn-cunting-ever, but disordered mood is certainly a feature of whatever is fundamentally wrong with me. For me, that instability just means that I am incapable of crafting a life for myself that I consider worth living.

Without dramatic change to my material circumstances within a few years, which it seems extremely unlikely that I can effect, I am most certainly going to end my life. An "ok" life when considering my mental illness simply is not good enough to be worth living. I have a strong preference for death and nothingness over the paltry shit I am able to make for myself.

Have made a note to inform my psychologist and psychiatrist that I have every intention of killing myself within one or two years, and that I am only interested in drugs with some kick to them.

I could not possibly give a shit about working for 1 or 10 hours, because I long ago fucked up any chance at a career that affords an acceptable standard of living and autonomy. Life is not worth living without this, and I refuse to do so. I could not possibly give a shit about feeling "useful". Work is a means to the end of money, and when it is unlikely that you can obtain work that pays enough to make it worth it, it is better to not play the game at all.

What's on offer in life simply isn't good enough to make it worth my while, and there's no reason to think that I am capable of changing that. If I were, I fucking would have.

• Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad, Lucien, Superdeterminist and 5 others
C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know if what I have is bipolar, because the psychiatric assessment takes for-goddamn-cunting-ever, but disordered mood is certainly a feature of whatever is fundamentally wrong with me. For me, that instability just means that I am incapable of crafting a life for myself that I consider worth living.

Without dramatic change to my material circumstances within a few years, which it seems extremely unlikely that I can effect, I am most certainly going to end my life. An "ok" life when considering my mental illness simply is not good enough to be worth living. I have a strong preference for death and nothingness over the paltry shit I am able to make for myself.

Have made a note to inform my psychologist and psychiatrist that I have every intention of killing myself within one or two years, and that I am only interested in drugs with some kick to them.

I could not possibly give a shit about working for 1 or 10 hours, because I long ago fucked up any chance at a career that affords an acceptable standard of living and autonomy. Life is not worth living without this, and I refuse to do so. I could not possibly give a shit about feeling "useful". Work is a means to the end of money, and when it is unlikely that you can obtain work that pays enough to make it worth it, it is better to not play the game at all.

What's on offer in life simply isn't good enough to make it worth my while, and there's no reason to think that I am capable of changing that. If I were, I fucking would have.
I am so proud of you for carrying on the way you do! You inspire me every day!

I love you Nose! Please don't leave any time soon or your nose wouldn't have anything to do and it would be sad because there would be no one to blow it every so often.

For those wondering, it's a little joke Matt and I have in private messages.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on mate, and know that you are always in my thoughts. I know I haven't written to you in a few days, I just haven't been very chatty, but you've crossed my mind quite a few times, and each time you crossed my mind, I internally cheered you on and will continue to do so.

NOSE!

• Love
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021

You just described me. I utterly fucked up what couldve been something very very beautiful. Consumed by fear, delusion, low self esteem, social anxiety and addiction, I missed the chance to give myself the happiness I wanted and was right in front of me but for some fucking reason I couldn't even grasp that. Something that most people would kill to have. Every second of everyday I am haunted by images of what I couldve been and done, amazing things. Anyway, that time is over now, my career is fucked, my mental.and physical condition makes it even more difficult to get started, and like you I'm just done with all this.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, ansiedad, whywere and 3 others
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
I am so proud of you for carrying on the way you do! You inspire me every day!

I love you Nose! Please don't leave any time soon or your nose wouldn't have anything to do and it would be sad because there would be no one to blow it every so often.

For those wondering, it's a little joke Matt and I have in private messages.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on mate, and know that you are always in my thoughts. I know I haven't written to you in a few days, I just haven't been very chatty, but you've crossed my mind quite a few times, and each time you crossed my mind, I internally cheered you on and will continue to do so.

NOSE!
Just letting you know that you accidentally replied to the wrong comment.

Reactions: ansiedad and Tkmiz_Tsukumizu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
You've got guts for sure, keep going :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, ansiedad, WornOutLife and 1 other person
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
So happy you had a good and productive good day today. As a fellow bipolar sufferer I understand each day like that is one to be cherished.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, ansiedad, whywere and 1 other person
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Good for you for having a productive day.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife, Isisnefert, ansiedad and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
0bd0ed742059cd7f4c83882095aeb3752e45dfbfv2_hq.jpg

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and Defenestration
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
If you ever get the chance and don't consider this prying, do share what they'll prescribe and whether you needed the diagnostic result for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
It is nice to hear that you are great now. Have a good time.

• Love
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Congratulations matt

• Love