Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Well technically yesterday, on Monday. Wow. He visited istanbul's prestigious university to hold some talk, he is very secretive, face mask, cap and all. he also forbade us to our phones for whatever reason. But it was a lovely presentation.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I can understand why he doesn't want people on their phones if he's giving a presentation, after all, he is the one going there. Very interesting that he is as secretive as he is, I don't think I have seen very many pictures of him online. Thank you for sharing. What was his talk about?

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
I can understand why he doesn't want people on their phones if he's giving a presentation, after all, he is the one going there. Very interesting that he is as secretive as he is, I don't think I have seen very many pictures of him online. Thank you for sharing. What was his talk about?
I firstly took a quick, careless pic of the first slide, he saw me and asked me if he was in the frame, which he wasn't. hehe. what a man.

his two books that were translated into turkish were discussed, better to have never been and human predicament

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I firstly took a quick, careless pic of the first slide, he saw me and asked me if he was in the frame, which he wasn't. hehe. what a man.

his two books that were translated into turkish were discussed, better to have never been and human predicament
Sounds like he really values his privacy! Are there ANY pictures of him floating around on the Internet? Interesting...
Interesting that he was there discussing his books, I would have never figured his books would even be translated let alone him giving a talk about it at a university.

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Sounds like he really values his privacy! Are there ANY pictures of him floating around on the Internet? Interesting...
Interesting that he was there discussing his books, I would have never figured his books would even be translated let alone him giving a talk about it at a university.
well he is an academic, his students prolly see him every week in Cape Town.

There is only one pic floating around and I can confirm that one is not him.

As for the translations, not many, but 5 or 6 languages. Proud to see turkish in there. (tho i read it in english to grasp it better)

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'd never heard of him but I guess it's noteworthy that an academic is making a case for anti-natalism and suicide (briefly googled him so I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong about that). I wholeheartedly support these campaigns as they will make it psychologically easier to be freed from the misery of this world.

Also curious about how long he plans to stay alive. I guess he'll wait until his health breaks down during old age and then ctb. Maybe I'm wrong and he hasn't advocated for suicide?

I find this guy 100% shady for a couple of reasons but far be it from me to undermine the very operation that might make my exit slightly more peaceful. Go "Professor" Benatar! :)

Reactions: Unending and WhatPowerIs
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
I'd never heard of him but I guess it's noteworthy that an academic is making a case for anti-natalism and suicide (briefly googled him so I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong about that). I wholeheartedly support these campaigns as they will make it psychologically easier to be freed from the misery of this world.

Also curious about how long he plans to stay alive. I guess he'll wait until his health breaks down during old age and then ctb. Maybe I'm wrong and he hasn't advocated for suicide?

I find this guy 100% shady for a couple of reasons but far be it from me to undermine the very operation that might make my exit slightly more peaceful. Go "Professor" Benatar! :)
he is seen as a godlike figure on suicide and antinatalism boards :)

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered