LostOne

LostOne

Sep 16, 2022
I've let my health go, my mind no longer operates in a rationale manner, I'm reckless (drive to fast, drink and smoke too much) all in the belief that I'll be gone soon, so what's the point in caring….but then I'm not gone; and I'm just a mess….when your mind accepts CBT all sense seems to leave…..Is anyone else like this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ecka-26 and Julgran
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm pretty wreckless by default. I try to remind myself that I'm taking dangerous chances, should I decide not to CTB

Reactions: Wasabi and LostOne
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I let myself go as well... badly.

Reactions: Hollowillow
Wasabi

Wasabi

Sep 9, 2022
Yes, this is similar to my condition…

Reactions: LostOne
LostOne

LostOne

Sep 16, 2022
I feel like there is no turning back now……past the point of no return….

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I feel like there is no turning back now……past the point of no return….
I think I am close to that as well and I would like to have someone stop me. I think I am very close to fucked it up again even worse than the last time.

rodie9k

rodie9k

Jan 5, 2022
I've let my health go, my mind no longer operates in a rationale manner, I'm reckless (drive to fast, drink and smoke too much)
yes I also have problems with self-control, impulsiveness, and short-term thinking. some research suggests these things are a symptom of social exclusion. do you feel you have good friends and family?

Reactions: Hollowillow and LostOne
LostOne

LostOne

Sep 16, 2022
I think I am close to that as well and I would like to have someone stop me. I think I am very close to fucked it up again even worse than the last time.
Many people seem to be wanting to help and stop me, but I keep falling back into the path of self destruction…..
yes I also have problems with self-control, impulsiveness, and short-term thinking. some research suggests these things are a symptom of social exclusion. do you feel you have good friends and family?
I have, but feel like I'm beyond help…..maybe a lottery win would change things…..but in the other hand, maybe not…..as I said, think I've gone too far

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Many people seem to be wanting to help and stop me, but I keep falling back into the path of self destruction…..
you are lucky, I have nobody around me. Just my wife but she does not know anything about what is happening.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I've let my health go, my mind no longer operates in a rationale manner, I'm reckless (drive to fast, drink and smoke too much) all in the belief that I'll be gone soon, so what's the point in caring….but then I'm not gone; and I'm just a mess….when your mind accepts CBT all sense seems to leave…..Is anyone else like this?
Yes. Not with smoke & rugs... but I forced myself to eat to be able to bear the pain. I was too weak dizzy & hysterical to tie a rope
Stop you? Hm...

Stop, bad bunny *throw leaves at you* eat some carrots it will make you stronger.

I actually finally found the energy to boil my food... Instead of cold raw bites... And eat at all. Boiled carrots are the best! 🥕 Soft... Sweet... Natural candy

Last edited:
J

Jimblue

Student
Sep 10, 2022
you are lucky, I have nobody around me. Just my wife but she does not know anything about what is happening.
Sorry, may I ask as your experience what would be best for your wife, regarding to your mental illness. You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable.

I am kind of in similar situations. I don't want to my husband's life completely ruined because of my death. This is one of the reason that still hold me back.

On the other hand, I feel he will probably more benefit from my death as he does not need to deal with my illness any more.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
Nope. Been mentally tortured to the point of ctb attempts 5 times by people I asked for help. Paid to help people...
I'm pretty wreckless by default. I try to remind myself that I'm taking dangerous chances, should I decide not to CTB
Why is your life dangerous? About to be homeless? Sorry I keep asking. I blame my concussion for my bad memory?

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Sorry, may I ask as your experience what would be best for your wife, regarding to your mental illness. You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable.
I think my wife would be much better without me, but she seems attached, she says that she loves me and that she wants to live with me. She knows about my depression and she can handle me, and I assure you I am high maintenance. She cope with my mood swings. She does not know much about something I am doing recently. She would be ruined by my death however.
I am kind of in similar situations. I don't want to my husband's life completely ruined because of my death. This is one of the reason that still hold me back.
If that is a reason sufficient enough it means you still care for him. At the same time I do not think it is a good reason to endure pain just to satisfy other. We are entitled to decide about our lives. Selfish? Maybe, but it would be the last act of selfishness.
On the other hand, I feel he will probably more benefit from my death as he does not need to deal with my illness any more.
I think the same, she would get the money she needs to live for quite some time. After a bit she would get over it I think and she would not have to cope with me. I would not want to live with a person like me, I can be really too much.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

There are more of us here like you, as well :wink:

Reactions: LostOne
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Yeah I've completely let myself go… Stop going to the dentist so now my gums seem to be bleeding And I'm not getting this tooth removed and I'm supposed to… I've gotten fatter Than I've ever been and can't fit in most of my clothes… I haven't clean my apartment in a year… I'm not paying any bills… I just figure I'm not gonna be around soon even though I'm not doing a single thing to end my life… None of this makes any sense

• Hugs
Reactions: brokensea
J

Jimblue

Student
Sep 10, 2022
I think my wife would be much better without me, but she seems attached, she says that she loves me and that she wants to live with me. She knows about my depression and she can handle me, and I assure you I am high maintenance. She cope with my mood swings. She does not know much about something I am doing recently. She would be ruined by my death however.

If that is a reason sufficient enough it means you still care for him. At the same time I do not think it is a good reason to endure pain just to satisfy other. We are entitled to decide about our lives. Selfish? Maybe, but it would be the last act of selfishness.

I think the same, she would get the money she needs to live for quite some time. After a bit she would get over it I think and she would not have to cope with me. I would not want to live with a person like me, I can be really too much.
Thank you for you sharing the thought.

Ideally I want to my the impact of my death as less and possible. I don't want to ruin any one's life. I thought if I can make my status "missing" instead of dead to avoid my husband to see my body. Then I thought about "husband theory" and I don't want to my personal life on evening news, Facebook etc because of searching or investigation. So probably "missing" is not a good idea.

I don't want to ruin anyone's life like my husband's, or my psychiatrist's career too. And hopefully not people first find my body too like hotel host. I don't want to people suffer PTSD after they saw my body. So hanging probably not for me. In the past 4 years, I have been sent to A and E lots of time because of suicide. That's really too much for me.

I don't think CTB is selfish, pain is pain and no one should "have to" live with untreatable illness. That's not a life.

And CTB is "one off deal", in some way is easy to deal than day by day base.

And my husband does not know what am doing here as well. And I don't intend to tell him. Currently I am waiting D come back and get some N from him. I need N anyway, I dont want to suffer psychology pain when I am getting old if I did not CTB this time.

I don't want to CTB in a hotel really but I see this is majority people's choice and home is easy to be find and easy to fail too.

brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah I've completely let myself go… Stop going to the dentist so now my gums seem to be bleeding And I'm not getting this tooth removed and I'm supposed to… I've gotten fatter Than I've ever been and can't fit in most of my clothes… I haven't clean my apartment in a year… I'm not paying any bills… I just figure I'm not gonna be around soon even though I'm not doing a single thing to end my life… None of this makes any sense
Wow we could be twins. It took me a month to clean my kitchen and living room after leaving it for months not cleaning a thing. I could only clean a tiny bit up on some days. Can't fit in any of my clothes anymore. Haven't weighed this much in my life. I shower once a week sometimes twice a week. I always feel exhausted from the effort. Haven't been outside in 3 weeks now and have just been on the couch. I sometimes would try to sit in my small backyard to get sun but then thought why bother. I don't have the energy. My vitamin D is low because I never go outside my house. Have barely left it for two years. Always having stomach aches and headaches from stress. Being around people is so tiring. Going out in the world when I have to mail my rent just feels surreal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow and Fadeawaaaay
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Wow we could be twins. It took me a month to clean my kitchen and living room after leaving it for months not cleaning a thing. I could only clean a tiny bit up on some days. Can't fit in any of my clothes anymore. Haven't weighed this much in my life. I shower once a week sometimes twice a week. I always feel exhausted from the effort. Haven't been outside in 3 weeks now and have just been on the couch. I sometimes would try to sit in my small backyard to get sun but then thought why bother. I don't have the energy. My vitamin D is low because I never go outside my house. Have barely left it for two years. Always having stomach aches and headaches from stress. Being around people is so tiring. Going out in the world when I have to mail my rent just feels surreal.
Feel exactly the same… The real world is like an alien planet with all these people coming and going talking on their phones and being normal… I'm just expecting that I'll disappear but that's not how it works… You can be a shut in and live on and on in squalor…

Reactions: brokensea
brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
Feel exactly the same… The real world is like an alien planet with all these people coming and going talking on their phones and being normal… I'm just expecting that I'll disappear but that's not how it works… You can be a shut in and live on and on in squalor…
Last time I had to go out I had to return a work computer after my work at home job laid me off. Inside the mail place there was a bookcase of self help books they were selling and a rack of happy greeting cards right by it and I thought what a strange alien world this is. There's people who buy or care about this stuff? This surely is a planet filled with aliens and I'm some visitor from far away. It was a surreal moment.

Reactions: Hollowillow and LostOne
LostOne

LostOne

Sep 16, 2022
Disappearing would be ideal…..thinking of doing that….not sure how or what will happen after that…..but somehow it keeps crossing my mind as an option….

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022

Some people feel an increase in self esteem by helping a loved one. So what you see as a high maintenance burden could be a joy that you open your heart to her, to have a sensitive man & not a jerk who beat her. You seem nice. Just cuddle with her?
Bleeding gums isn't a dentist deficiency, it's a vitamin c deficiency. Eat greens. It will clean your teeth.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Some people feel an increase in self esteem by helping a loved one. So what you see as a high maintenance burden could be a joy that you open your heart to her, to have a sensitive man & not a jerk who beat her. You seem nice. Just cuddle with her?
I think she is really a good person, the type of person you wonder how it is possible to be so selfless. I never beat her but I was abusive with words. Now honestly I care so little that I do not get pissed off anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
Wow we could be twins. It took me a month to clean my kitchen and living room after leaving it for months not cleaning a thing. I could only clean a tiny bit up on some days. Can't fit in any of my clothes anymore. Haven't weighed this much in my life. I shower once a week sometimes twice a week. I always feel exhausted from the effort. Haven't been outside in 3 weeks now and have just been on the couch. I sometimes would try to sit in my small backyard to get sun but then thought why bother. I don't have the energy. My vitamin D is low because I never go outside my house. Have barely left it for two years. Always having stomach aches and headaches from stress. Being around people is so tiring. Going out in the world when I have to mail my rent just feels surreal

I live this. Reading someone else is a shock... I improved by reading life tips about adrenal fatigue. Vitamin c, b, magnesium... helps heal a burned out body & mind. But with the toxic cleaner in my home... Or allergies... I'm wasting away fast. Pushed further than my limit by the people paid to help, who do extreme mind fucks...

I never tried ctb so hard on my life
I think she is really a good person, the type of person you wonder how it is possible to be so selfless. I never beat her but I was abusive with words. Now honestly I care so little that I do not get pissed off anymore.
Care enough to hug? I keep wondering if you crave ctb because you want a divorce but don't dare to abandon an irreproachable but boring woman?

Last edited: