Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Hand me my shovel!
Mar 5, 2024
For what felt like forever, I've felt aimless, directionless. I was lost within a deep well of depression and burnout, and in that well, I discovered that there was no inherent purpose to life. At first, I was disheartened by this. I came to what felt like the only logical solution, which was catching the bus. Recently, though, I've figured something out. What does it matter if life has no purpose? We don't need some grand goal, we don't need to be rich or famous, or anything like that. We don't need to chase after some false heaven by denying ourselves and suppressing our desires. No, we just need to be content. Being happy is all you will ever need in this life, and you may jeopardize that happiness by chasing after something unattainable. Just set small goals, and slowly work your way into self-sufficience. Maybe, once you've achieved that, start setting other small goals, like going to the gym a few days of the week. Eventually, you'll have built a life that's worth living. If you fail, then at least you can say you tried. For the first time in years, I don't want to die. I want to live, and fix things so that I can look back without any regrets. I'm not sure if I'll come back to this site, but for now,
Tinkerer
Signing off.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: esistzeit, JJ53, avoid and 2 others