L

lilibunnyy

Jul 7, 2024
The thing is, I'm not special, or good at anything, and I can't stop comparing myself to other people that are.
I don't believe life is worth living if you are not exceptional at something.
Do any of you have tips on how I can deal with being dumb ?

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, ijustwishtodie, exitingtothevoid and 6 others
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Definitely sending hugs.

I would start by making a list of things I think are "smart" or "special". Like, if you imagined a version of yourself that could be worthy, what would they be like? Making an idolized sim version of yourself might be a nice start.

Then you just write down an easy goal you can finish in a day and a more difficult one that could take a week/month. You can build on it later, but the start could be:

1. Stretching daily when I wake up (I want to be able to do a full split by Sept. 9th)
2. Watching the first lecture in a series on Western Philosophy and completing a mini-essay by the end of the day.

Those are just examples, your goals can be much, much simpler if you're having a low spoon day, but I believe intelligence is only the speed in which you process new information. If you process new information at a slower pace consistently with focus, you will still grow to become exceptional in time. Studies show consistency, rather than intelligence, is the best indicator of success.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: justwannadip, Grimpoteuthis and SomeMathGuy
C

continuing

Aug 8, 2024
You don't need to be exceptional, nothing that i do i belive is exceptional, but i do anyways just for the sake of doing you know, i know comparison comes in the way as well, but there will always have people who do worst jobs as you too, or better ones, so just do stuff that you enjoy.

Reactions: Grimpoteuthis and ijustwishtodie
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Life happens "for you", regardless of whoever you are- or whatever ever wish to accomplish.

Reactions: prana and ijustwishtodie
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I used to believe the same, until one day I decided that being constantly anxious about "not being exceptional enough to live" yet lacking the courage to restart is way too draining. Then I just kinda...stopped caring about anything. I am forced to be here, then the least I could do is to make myself comfortable, which is to prioritize happiness over worthiness.

Reactions: lilibunnyy, justwannadip, continuing and 1 other person