Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
i know it sounds ridiculous but lately I've been thinking about doing something to myself so I can be in a hospital or at home resting idk. (nothing major, just breaking a finger or something else)

it just seems like laying at a hospital is kind of an escape from everything and I could lay there and pretend like I don't have any problems.

obviously it's not a long term solution, it's stupid and I probably won't even do it because I wouldn't follow through

Reactions: shrusho and myusername890
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Is it a job or school that you need a break from?

Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
Is it a job or school that you need a break from?
I guess school? but it's not just that. it's just life in general. going away somewhere feels appealing. originally I thought about escaping to a distant place but that seems extreme

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A hard question...do you have anxiety or depression issues? Those do not help any stressful situation. School can be very stressful.

Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
A hard question...do you have anxiety or depression issues? Those do not help any stressful situation. School can be very stressful.
i guess I could have depression? I'm not really sure. either way school isn't that big of a factor, or maybe it is? I'm not really sure. but I'm not really sure about a lot of things

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
i know it sounds ridiculous but lately I've been thinking about doing something to myself so I can be in a hospital or at home resting idk. (nothing major, just breaking a finger or something else)

it just seems like laying at a hospital is kind of an escape from everything and I could lay there and pretend like I don't have any problems.

obviously it's not a long term solution, it's stupid and I probably won't even do it because I wouldn't follow through
Just tell them you're suicidal so you can get free accommodation and food at a psych ward

Happy Dance GIF by Su Lee

I'm mostly joking but I've honestly considered this haha.

Only issue is then they'd be watching me like a hawk if I actually do try to ctb after being discharged...

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally and not_telling
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
Look, I don't know where you live but maybe look into how it works with being admitted for psychological problems? I live in Brazil and my family has health insurance, and any kind of self harm here is to be treated on a facility, unless the person decides not to against medical advice and that itself is a bunch of bureocracy. Also, all health insurances here have to cover at least 30 days of a facility in case of self harm. You could get your rest in a place like this, and if it's an actually good one maybe you'd even get to talk about stuff, and get out after the 30 days go by you know? You don't actually have to comply to taking meds or really talk to a psychiatrist inside, as long as you're in consensually they don't force you to do it, just collect the health insurance money and provide you with stuff in case you want help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Please check into your health options.

shrusho

shrusho

Nov 28, 2021
i think im in a similar situation as you. and its sad that some of us just need a break so bad, that we fantasize about these things, just so we can have someone else take care of us for a little while.

i literally froth at the mouth thinking about a car hitting me while im crossing the street, or someone robbing my store and shooting me in the arm, just so i can go to a hospitial without any of the reprecussions of what a suicide attempt (or more like major self harm) would give me. but ofc i was cursed with perfect health and no bad luck. :/

i hope you get the break u deserve, maybe in a more traditional sense rather than actually getting injured like that. but i understnad where u are coming from entirely.