draingang

draingang

białasy podbijają na funkcję jak
Feb 21, 2023
I'm a high school senior and exam season is approaching quickly. I know it's my fault that I've been sweeping everything under the rug and now I have a ton of studying to do in the span of less than 2 months but I don't think I can do it. I'm thinking about dropping out but I know it would be a waste of 12 years of my life. I feel like a complete failure, I don't have any plans for the future. I don't even know what university course I wanna study but now I'm doubting I'll even get into one. I know it sounds corny but I just feel numb. I have no motivation to study and nobody understands. There's noone I can rely on. I think my mom tries to be supportive but all she does is remind me of the fact that I have less than 2 months until the exams and it makes me feel uneasy. How do I even find motivation to study when I have no real reason for it? Everywhere I've seen on the internet, people say you should have a reason to study first and foremost, but I don't have that. I guess the only reason would be to not starve to death when I'm not under my mom's care anymore, but I don't even wanna continue studying but my whole family would probably kill me if i didn't.
I feel so hopeless, scared and miserable. I can't even cry because of the stress. Days have been feeling unreal like a fever dream recently.
I'm sorry if a post like this doesn't belong here, I don't have any other place to vent.

PoorlyTinted

PoorlyTinted

Mar 2, 2023
i feel you. the school system is way the fuck out of whack. they make it seem like its a positive thing and they actually give a shit about the students. but they dont. they just take away the child hoods out of people that never signed up for this shit. its a misserable place. work and work builds up and crushes us. i hope you get through it though and find happiness

draingang

draingang

białasy podbijają na funkcję jak
Feb 21, 2023
i feel you. the school system is way the fuck out of whack. they make it seem like its a positive thing and they actually give a shit about the students. but they dont. they just take away the child hoods out of people that never signed up for this shit. its a misserable place. work and work builds up and crushes us. i hope you get through it though and find happiness
i dont necesserialy think that schools destroy childhoods but the system is definitely deeply flawed but besides that i wasnt cut out for society and on top of that im extremely lazy so i guess its probably mostly my own fault

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound stressful and tiring what you have to endure, I see it as being cruel how people are forced into this world just to be burdened with all these expectations. Life certainly is something so terrible, but anyway best wishes.

PoorlyTinted

PoorlyTinted

Mar 2, 2023
i dont necesserialy think that schools destroy childhoods but the system is definitely deeply flawed but besides that i wasnt cut out for society and on top of that im extremely lazy so i guess its probably mostly my own fault
no!!! its not your fault. what i meant by destroying child hoods is that it just takes up all of our time. we get 3 months out of the year to actually be ourselves. its not that your lazy but teachers have lack of an effort to help you through school.

kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
School was a nightmare for me too. I had no direction and therefore no motivation to actually study. I ended up winging it with almost no studying because I honestly didn't care. I graduated with below average grades. I still wonder what could have motivated me to work harder but honestly I don't know. For some of us there really is no goal we wanna achieve so everything will feel forced upon us.

B

burningbin

Mar 3, 2023
I'm a high school senior and exam season is approaching quickly. I know it's my fault that I've been sweeping everything under the rug and now I have a ton of studying to do in the span of less than 2 months but I don't think I can do it. I'm thinking about dropping out but I know it would be a waste of 12 years of my life. I feel like a complete failure, I don't have any plans for the future. I don't even know what university course I wanna study but now I'm doubting I'll even get into one. I know it sounds corny but I just feel numb. I have no motivation to study and nobody understands. There's noone I can rely on. I think my mom tries to be supportive but all she does is remind me of the fact that I have less than 2 months until the exams and it makes me feel uneasy. How do I even find motivation to study when I have no real reason for it? Everywhere I've seen on the internet, people say you should have a reason to study first and foremost, but I don't have that. I guess the only reason would be to not starve to death when I'm not under my mom's care anymore, but I don't even wanna continue studying but my whole family would probably kill me if i didn't.
I feel so hopeless, scared and miserable. I can't even cry because of the stress. Days have been feeling unreal like a fever dream recently.
I'm sorry if a post like this doesn't belong here, I don't have any other place to vent.
honestly, experiment and try and find something you enjoy, then hold onto it.