narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Well. I'm still processing the event.
Yesterday, at 16:30 i had a job interview. Today, at the morning (not even 10:30 am). The interviewer called. They are interested in me and i'll start at august 1st.
Somehow, i did it well. I don't know. I went, i tried to be interested in the job, and magically, less than one day later. i'm in. :I:I:I

It's a good new, of course.
But my anxiety and my irrational catastrophic thoughts are continuously hanging around. Well. Let's see how it goes. 3 years later, (sarcasm mode ON) At last i'll be a productive and respectable member of this society.

Sheldon bbt

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: crimson blue, Wait-Bus, Celerity and 22 others
E

eternalflame

Experienced
Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations.

• Love
Reactions: narval and CC123
nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
That's great, congrats

• Love
Reactions: narval
L

Lautronjay

Jun 24, 2022
You were looking for a job and then you found a job. Heaven knows you're miserable now.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: freedompass, cfcfcfcf, Élégie and 6 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
You were looking for a job and then you found a job. Heaven knows you're miserable now.
Damned if you, damned if you don't. Welcome to the asylum. This why Buddhism was invented lol

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Cosmic dust, LifeHasNoOptIn and 2 others
LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
Congratz, hopefully it all works out.👍

I took a wiz quiz today for a potential job that I applied for all the way back in mid June. Did the interview a couple weeks ago and have been filling out all kinds of paperwork since I got the preliminary offer. If I pass this final hurdle I will also be back in the world of employment. Definitely a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation as mentioned earlier, but it will be nice to actually be able to pay bills for a change.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, narval, whatevs and 1 other person
C

chronicallybroken

Student
Jul 16, 2022
Congratulations!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and narval
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Congrats! The anxiety piece is tough. Hopefully it's a good environment with solid people and it settles things for you. I've found the people you're working with tend to be more important than what you do in terms of how tolerable a job is.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, LifeHasNoOptIn and narval
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Well done.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and narval
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Aye, Good luck on your job! I hope you have kind coworkers!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: narval and Huntfish34
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Well. Tomorrow is the great day. Not gonna lie, it feels like a lamb going to slaughter. Thanks, anxiety, pessimism and catastrophic thoughts.
I don't have any proof that the job will be a living hell... neither a easy task. Anyway. I'll go and i'll do what i can.

and if my life becomes a living hell, sad to say but CTB is still a possibility. Even the job could provide a alibi of several hours. The initial months is a "test contract" and either party may end it without reason. If this goes in the worst way and is my breakdown, i would have 8-10 hours before anyone starts to worry. It's calming to have a plan b if the world's crumbles.
61bcbad55826573f450ea0679b1c77b6

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, Julgran and Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
One day at a time. I started a job a month ago and shook like a leaf from anxiety and self doubt throughout the whole two week training. I'm 4 weeks in now and it gets easier as you learn and try.

I wish you much strength through your anxiety and a great first day. Go and do what you can is a great attitude to approach it.

• Love
Reactions: Julgran and narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Around a month and 3 weeks later, i can say that i hate my life more than ever. I just hate the dynamics of having to know the up-to-date technologies, permanently. Carrying worries to home. Deadlines. I just wanna live reasoanily quiet. fucking shit. In this new chapter of "my own shits", i just reached a new level of mental misery. I've never drunk wo many beer in a weekend until this times.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog and Julgran
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Yesterday, at 16:30 i had a job interview. Today, at the morning (not even 10:30 am). The interviewer called. They are interested in me and i'll start at august 1st.
Somehow, i did it well. I don't know. I went, i tried to be interested in the job, and magically, less than one day later. i'm in. :I:I:I

But my anxiety and my irrational catastrophic thoughts are continuously hanging around. Well. Let's see how it goes. 3 years later, (sarcasm mode ON) At last i'll be a productive and respectable member of this society.

View attachment 95794
Congratulations my friend this is a Wonderful first step for you. I wish you all the best. Love and hugs to all.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Around a month and 3 weeks later, i can say that i hate my life more than ever. I just hate the dynamics of having to know the up-to-date technologies, permanently. Carrying worries to home. Deadlines. I just wanna live reasoanily quiet. fucking shit. In this new chapter of "my own shits", i just reached a new level of mental misery. I've never drunk wo many beer in a weekend until this times.

Do you feel like your manager - if you have one - is putting an unfair amoung of pressure on you to perform, or are you putting that kind of pressure on yourself..? It's always a good idea to be willing to put in an extra effort sometimes, but try not to overdo it :wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
In certain mode, is a thing of the manager and mine.
Realizing that i don't like the sector makes worse the situation

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
What are you working with?

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Congrats! Job interviews are tough for everybody. It's natural to be nervous.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020

View attachment 95794
Congrats, hope you'll do well