CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I haven't applied for a job for a few years now and thought I'd look for something to get a few more hours but it's such an embarrassment. I was asked to take a 60 question test to see if my "personality" fit for a janitor job! Two hours a day and minimum wage. Like who are you expecting to get lmao? I don't remember having to do assessments I just see them as lazy.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MartyByrde, demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021
That's definitely out of the ordinary - I've had plenty of job interviews over the years and most are like 10 questions max! Just forget about that role and keep apply elsewhere. You'll find something eventually and once you have a job and money coming in you'll be rocking!

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't believe how ridiculous "the system" is. What's more, it's not as if the job opportunities were great! Most of us will be hired so as to be modern slaves and replaced with any other people when they find us not "as productive as before".

For that reason, I will never ever work for a company again. I'm my own boss now. I might not be rich but I love what I do at least.

Reactions: demuic
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I haven't applied for a job for a few years now and thought I'd look for something to get a few more hours but it's such an embarrassment. I was asked to take a 60 question test to see if my "personality" fit for a janitor job! Two hours a day and minimum wage. Like who are you expecting to get lmao? I don't remember having to do assessments I just see them as lazy.
It's really fucking ridiculous. I just lie my ass off on those tests.

Reactions: demuic and GrumpyFrog
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
It seems like the worse the job the more hoops to jump. I applied for one and after I sent my application they asked me for a "video interview" where I would have to anwser 5 questions. Like no, I'm not doing a pre-interview interview.

Reactions: demuic, GrumpyFrog, nolongerhuman and 2 others
charlotte greentea

charlotte greentea

Misery Chick
Apr 2, 2021
an astounding amount of low wage jobs are like this. I think it speaks to how demented the people who run these companies are. anyone can do this job so don't make me go through so many fucking hoops so I can barely scrape by!!

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
Ha, yes, personality metric fetishism. A substitute for communication between a bloodsucking parasite and its many hosts. Be kind to corporate management, they have a hard time with human conversation unless they're seated on their assistive high horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, AnnonyBox and Celerity
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, I'm going to have to kill myself.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Ha, yes, personality metric fetishism. A substitute for communication between a bloodsucking parasite and its many hosts. Be kind to corporate management, they have a hard time with human conversation unless they're seated on their assistive high horse.
This is gold, lol, and I say this as someone who was trained to make tests like this.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, AnnonyBox and Lucien
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Job ads in 2021 be like: "Are you a team player looking for a fun and competitive work environment?

Our goal-driven team will be just like your family, unless you're not a smiling perky, extroverted fresh out the diploma mill graduate- then we'll have to kindly disown you. We didn't ghost your last email, no no, we'd never do that. You just didn't make it to the next phase of the hiring process, sweatie.

Now, assuming you've passed your preliminary Meyers-Briggs Jungian star sign extroversion correlation tests, there are some further qualifications you'll need to have. First, we require 10+ years of experience in *insert software that was developed in 2015* here.

Secondly, you need a bachelor's, masters, and PhD in any field that isn't art or English. Open University doesn't count. You also must have at least 4 years of volunteering and customer service experience, while being able to demonstrate that you excelled in a plethora of extracurricular activities.

Wait, you haven't completed at least 600 LeetCode problems? I'm sorry, we'll have to move on to the next candidate. You didn't make the cut. Try being more competitive in the job market next time, plebeian. "

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Celerity, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Part of it is because so many people have college degrees now. So now you need 4 years of college just to scoop poop.

Reactions: Celerity and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
It's ridiculous! I had to drop out of highschool to help support myself and my family, and I don't have the money to start college since I can't run the risk of being in debt for the rest of my life.

Even being a dishwasher or working in food service requires so much.. Not to mention getting a job somewhere that pays over $7.25 and can get you full time.

I've been applying to places multiple times a week now since January, following up with calls and emails, applying online and in person, with notable experience too! I worked as a k-12 teacher and a very well experienced barista for years and I've been fruitlessly applying to cafe after cafe, I've done so much volunteer work, but if they don't see 'college grad' it means virtually nothing.

But there's so many internal hires and biases in the hiring processes, no matter how much you shove a foot in the door, the door seems to come back and hit you in the face anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Celerity
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Job ads in 2021 be like: "Are you a team player looking for a fun and competitive work environment?
Oh man, why did that trigger so many bad memories? Is there a work related PTSD?

Job hunting really fucks up the brain..

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha